IGNORED

Josh Brownhill - quality player

reddogkev

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

In fairness, that is because you are a ******* muppet. 

Have you read the annual accounts of Bristol City Holdings Limited, and the two Limited Companies - Bristol City FC Ltd and Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd that sit within it.  I know @BigAlToby&Liam has had a look because I sent him them.

Have you also looked at the structure of Pula Sports and where Bristol City and Bristol Sport fits in.  It’s complicated.  For a reason!!!!  Not for FFP I can grant you.

5 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Any reference I make to FFP is tongue in cheek. I see FFP as being used as a reason or excuse for the sale of our better players.

I still think that creative accounting is in action at Bristol Sport and Holdings for reasons that are more Lansdown related rather than BCFC related. 

Anyway Brownhill. Was there anything more than Festive Friendliness in him giving his shirt away?

Well I won't bite next time...

Still not wholly sold about your take on FFP HOWEVER the accounts across all of that and the structure may throw up something different.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Have you read the annual accounts of Bristol City Holdings Limited, and the two Limited Companies - Bristol City FC Ltd and Ashton Gate Stadium Ltd that sit within it.  I know @BigAlToby&Liam has had a look because I sent him them.

Have you also looked at the structure of Pula Sports and where Bristol City and Bristol Sport fits in.  It’s complicated.  For a reason!!!!  Not for FFP I can grant you.

I've a quiet evening- may as well finally take more of a look at the latter.

Should make for some interesting reading. Is Pula Sports on Companies House too- how about Bristol Sport accounts?

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've a quiet evening- may as well finally take more of a look at the latter.

Should make for some interesting reading. Is Pula Sports on Companies House too- how about Bristol Sport accounts?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07881103

https://www.greg.gg/webCompSearchDetails.aspx?id=KMXeyTiSjbE=&r=0&crn=&cn=&rad=ContainsPhrase&ck=False?height=1366

Fill your boots

https://thebristolcable.org/2016/05/panama-papers-bristol-city-f-c-rugby-club-and-flyers/

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks.

It's funny, I remember a while ago doing some comparisons of Bristol City FC and Bristol City Holdings comparing the 2, checking the differentials and seeing in what areas they might be- when doing that though, I completely forgot about Ashton Gate Limited.

Another quality performance and a top-class goal yesterday.  The turn in the penalty area to create the space for the finish was pretty sweet.

He keeps getting better and better!

Well done, JB.  Got to be worth about £8 million, although fingers crossed no one tries to buy him.

I’ve said it for a while, but I’d like to see Josh play further forward in a AMF role. I’d bring in another midfielder alongside Pack and allow Josh to play in a hole behind the strikers.

Paterson isn’t the answer I’m afraid.

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve said it for a while, but I’d like to see Josh play further forward in a AMF role. I’d bring in another midfielder alongside Pack and allow Josh to play in a hole behind the strikers.

Brownhill can easily take Patos place in AMF. We need a box to box midfielder to compliment Pack whilst Smith is injured. 

Brownhill has been unlucky this season with hitting the woodwork but I’m confident in saying a full season in AMF he’ll bag 10 goals and 10 assists at least.

20 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He looked yesterday as if he’d been given licence to take on defenders as we saw with his goal. 

He was excellent and the best I’ve seen him play I think.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He looked yesterday as if he’d been given licence to take on defenders as we saw with his goal. 

He was excellent and the best I’ve seen him play I think.

LJ actually joked in his Post match video that he asked him to be more disciplined. Think he asked him to play more defensive yesterday to assist morrell and not leave him exposed.

On 31/12/2018 at 17:46, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Any reference I make to FFP is tongue in cheek. I see FFP as being used as a reason or excuse for the sale of our better players.

I still think that creative accounting is in action at Bristol Sport and Holdings for reasons that are more Lansdown related rather than BCFC related. 

Anyway Brownhill. Was there anything more than Festive Friendliness in him giving his shirt away?

Really ? So nothing to do with players refusing contracts and wanting to move for career advancement and more money ? 

20 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Brownhill can easily take Patos place in AMF. We need a box to box midfielder to compliment Pack whilst Smith is injured. 

Brownhill has been unlucky this season with hitting the woodwork but I’m confident in saying a full season in AMF he’ll bag 10 goals and 10 assists at least.

Totally agree.  If Brownhill took Pato's place, City would be so much better.  I appreciate Pato did hit a decent long-range strike, but aside from that he failed to affect the game in any other way.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Really ? So nothing to do with players refusing contracts and wanting to move for career advancement and more money ? 

Facts are all very well but not when they get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

And obviously the losses we reported for last year were fake news.

Which proves that it's all an excuse. QED.

6 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Totally agree.  If Brownhill took Pato's place, City would be so much better.  I appreciate Pato did hit a decent long-range strike, but aside from that he failed to affect the game in any other way.

Not saying both of you aren’t right, but it’s a very different role and skill set required to be able to switch from CM, and drive onto the ball like Josh does, and be able to play in the no10 like Pato does, where it’s congested, you are back to goal a lot too.

For a slightly strange comparison, Gerrard was great driving onto the ball from deep and spanking in goals, but Benitez played him off Torres in the no10a couple of times and he looked lost.

Archived