IGNORED

Nailsea Ramblings

BigTone

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When was that taken Tom? 

I walked past there just a few mins ago and there’s nothing like that there now. It’s a shoe shop.

It’s google maps street view. It always some weird water feature behind really grotty glass. 

2 hours ago, Red Bill said:

This Forum has certainly brought back memories.  I lived in St. Mary's Close in the early 1970s.  Worked briefly at the Whitbread depot.  Some great characters there - Ken Brake, Roland Baker, Bert Badger (that's a name you don't forget!).

I went to ken brakes funeral. Every time I delivered the post to Ken's house there would be a whiskey waiting for me!!

• Admin

Never lived there, but spent plenty of time there in the 80’s as few mates lived there.  Had some great nights in the Friendship, can remember when there was an Oranjeboom craze in the Royal Oak, whole pub was pissed on it.  Had some good nights in the flame, all in all was probably never sober whilst there!!!

Sadly this thread has been relegated to Non Footy Chat so no longer has as many viewers as before. I was going to do a post of the "7 Wonders of Nailsea" but as it will no longer reach the majority I have shelved the idea.  Sad as No 1 was a picture of Dolly in the shower !!!

On 01/01/2019 at 13:17, BigTone said:

Sadly this thread has been relegated to Non Footy Chat so no longer has as many viewers as before. I was going to do a post of the "7 Wonders of Nailsea" but as it will no longer reach the majority I have shelved the idea.  Sad as No 1 was a picture of Dolly in the shower !!!

Subscriptions now available 

On 30/12/2018 at 21:21, redsquirrel said:

only if the tides in, a right muddy shithole of a beach when its out

The same can be said for all the beaches on the estuary but ironically it is some of the cleanest water around hence why it is popular with people fishing for Cod off Clevedon Pier.

1 hour ago, ForeverRed said:

Went to Nailsea for a job interview on Thursday, seemed a nice enough place and parking was easy

Only down side was Greggs being shut, when I really fancied a pasty after being grilled for two hours!!

A Greggs pasty after it`s been grilled for two hours - you must have really been hungry to have wanted that, they`re bad enough fresh!

5 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Went to Nailsea for a job interview on Thursday, seemed a nice enough place and parking was easy

Only down side was Greggs being shut, when I really fancied a pasty after being grilled for two hours!!

Greggs is shut for about 2/12 for refurbishment. They’re adding a cafe to the shop.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:48, Robbored said:

Greggs is shut for about 2/12 for refurbishment. They’re adding a cafe to the shop.

8 weeks ?

2 months ?

Approx 60 days ?  

( or maybe for 2 hours between midday and midnight? a 120 minute makeover? )

Will it be open for 10/12 for refreshment this year then?  

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

8 weeks ?

2 months ?

Approx 60 days ?  

( or maybe for 2 hours between midday and midnight? a 120 minute makeover? )

Will it be open for 10/12 for refreshment this year then?  

1/7 1/52 1/12

A like if you know what these are.......

Archived