IGNORED

My Annual Aggghhhh bloody New Year thread!!!

The Gasbuster

Following on from Red M's Xmas thread.

I loathe New Year, cannot understand why such a fuss is made. (Millenium night excluded)

Why celebrate

1) The end of the Xmas holiday, and the return to work ?

2) The arrival of January; without doubt the worst month of the year - cold, wet, dark, and loads of incoming bills ?

3) The beginning of a period in time where we will all become a year older ?

Roll on February / March and the beginning of Spring !

I don’t mind New Year as such, means Christmas is long over for one. I think of it as a time of new beginnings, put the shite of the past year behind. But @The Gasbusteryou have a good point that Spring is a better starting point. But we’ve had the shortest day and spring is ever nearer.

New Year is now getting almost as commercial as Christmas, I’ve seen dozens of adverts for party food and champagne, it seems if you aren’t throwing a massive party you are a nobody. Well I’m a proud nobody! I’ve even seen stuff suggesting people exchange New Year gifts, sod that! 

17 minutes ago, Super said:

More ********* letting off fireworks. Hate NYE.

One of the joys of living miles from anywhere is I won`t hear one. No doubt we`ll have the usual parade of news stories on Tuesday of people getting badly injured due to some pissed up idiot throwing a banger in someone`s face `for a laugh`.

I hate fireworks and the sooner they`re banned from anything other than organised displays the better.

New Years Eve is the dullest non event celebration of the year. Pulling Party poppers and trying to look excited at counting down to midnight, so much excitement. I plan to do what I usually do, walk out of the room and have a pretend piss so I miss the fun. Hateful night!!

On 30/12/2018 at 20:51, RedM said:

I don’t mind New Year as such, means Christmas is long over for one. I think of it as a time of new beginnings, put the shite of the past year behind. But @The Gasbusteryou have a good point that Spring is a better starting point. But we’ve had the shortest day and spring is ever nearer.

New Year is now getting almost as commercial as Christmas, I’ve seen dozens of adverts for party food and champagne, it seems if you aren’t throwing a massive party you are a nobody. Well I’m a proud nobody! I’ve even seen stuff suggesting people exchange New Year gifts, sod that! 

New Year's Day used to be 25th March until 1752 in UK & USA

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Just got home from work, going to have cocoa I think, I am very disappointed in myself..... ?

I’ve got coffee, watching Madness on tv

will watch the fireworks from my decking then off to bed, got to get up to go to Stoke tomorrow :bounce:

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m watching Hootenanny, with all the others round the country that didn’t get invited to a party....... and trying to blank out that it was recorded in October!!   By the way, Jools, that Trump impersonator is shit.....

Jools Boogie Woogie Holland- it's a recurring new year nightmare

And don’t get me started on banging pans,did it as a kid but it had died out so imagine my surprise greeting my long time neighbours down my street as we always do New Years to hear pans banging expecting young kids enjoying themselves to see Middle Aged women who would rather step into shit than say hello the rest of the year thinking that’s fun,rant over 

Archived