IGNORED

Picture of old Open End at AG

Offside

12 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

this pic is before my time, but just saw it for the first time - courtesy of one of the City posters on a football grounds page I'm on. What a beautiful sight this is!!!! (If you're wondering, City v Wolves, 1980 according to the original poster - photo taken by his dad!). 

49653971_10156936733017453_8780007008179847168_n.jpg

Are you sure that's Wolves and not another team in their away kit?

Seems an awful lot of blue in the crowd - even on the traditional City side - unless the colours in that section have faded.

Having said that, it could well be Hibbitt in the middle though.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Seems an awful lot of blue in the crowd - even on the traditional City side - unless the colours in that section have faded.

not sure at all tbh! as i say, not my photo - the original poster says Wolves 1980, but I think you've got a point! 

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:56, GasDestroyer said:

Chelsea filled that end in the FA Cup back in the 80s. And it pissed down all day! But what an atmosphere that day!!

And then you have modern day grounds.

Wasn't the only thing they filled that day,and a lot of Chelsea fans freely admit it.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A lot of double denim back in those days mind.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Memories a bit hazy but isn't that John richards(nearest) and wolves  right back Jeff Palmer? Blond City player Pertii Jantunnen?

31 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

if it helps, here's another pic from that same match.

49896798_10156936733082453_8273004844944457728_n.jpg

When I saw that I thought it strange that Sweeney played No.5. Looking at my book David Woods notes for ( as @Nogbad the Bad says Sept 79 ) this game mentions a patched up defence, and sure enough Sweeney was N0.5 Vs Wolves that day.

2-0 win City looks like ........ Shaw
                    Tainton .. Sweeney..Merrick..Whitehead
                    Jantunen .. Gow..Ritchie .. Fitzpatrick
                               Royle. ...   Mabbutt

Wolves ... Bradshaw, Palmer , Parkin , Daniel , Berry , Hughes , Hibbit , Carr , Rafferty , Clarke , Patching.

Att :  19,428.

I love this book .

4 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Wasn't the only thing they filled that day,and a lot of Chelsea fans freely admit it.

I remember a League game where they came on the EE , ended up trying to dive over the fences and onto the pitch to get away.

On 07/01/2019 at 20:39, 1960maaan said:

I remember a League game where they came on the EE , ended up trying to dive over the fences and onto the pitch to get away.

Yep,I remember it well,there was one Chelsea fan In particular,a big black bloke ,who must of been as wide as he was tall,and he was at least 6’ tall,trying to jump over the fence and getting his foot stuck,it didn’t end well for him.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:40, poland_exile said:

this pic is before my time, but just saw it for the first time - courtesy of one of the City posters on a football grounds page I'm on. What a beautiful sight this is!!!! (If you're wondering, City v Wolves, 1980 according to the original poster - photo taken by his dad!). 

49653971_10156936733017453_8780007008179847168_n.jpg

wheres the railings gone what separated city and the sterile bit?   the bit what were usually empty I mean...and the raililngs at the front?...….gypos perhaps?

Archived