Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WhistleHappy

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

Flippin' heck, 35mins to midnight and not a single celebrity death reported yet, a whole R.I.P. thread day wasted .... What a boring New Year so far ..... 

Surely someone can oblige?  Why are we waiting? Why are we waiting? …. Come On You Deads!   

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very interesting list, and fascinating to see some on there who are still alive, i.e. I thought they had died years ago.

I had similar thoughts: the ages of some of surprised me, Prunella Scales and Murray Walker being two.

47 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I had similar thoughts: the ages of some of surprised me, Prunella Scales and Murray Walker being two.

I was astonished to see that MW is now 96; unbelievably just 6 years older than Stirling Moss.

Unfortunately, I was aware of Prunella Scales' age, 86, as I read an article recently outlining how she is suffering so badly with Alzheimer's Disease that she can no longer remember her children's birthdays nor her marriage to Timothy West. 

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

And Little Richard. I had no idea he was still alive!

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very interesting list, and fascinating to see some on there who are still alive, i.e. I thought they had died years ago.

They've certainly gone more in on old folk in recent years than terminally ill.  

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Funny you should say that. Yesterday I was at Stoke. Outside their ground they have statues of their famous players, I was taking this photo and was explaining to my (young adult) daughter who had ‘never heard of him’ who this was. She asked me if he was still living and I didn’t know so we were reading the plaque for info.  An elderly gentleman heard us and put us right...he was very much so still living and probably would be at the match today! :laugh:

On the list mentioned he is at number 19!

2BA04034-407A-4B72-A861-DB2C92C89E12.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Dean Ford, the former lead singer of the band Marmalade has passed away aged 72 if that qualifies as the first of 2019?

One of Marmalades' greatest hits from yesteryear, it's very poignant and apt today..

R.I.P. Dean Ford while we reflect on your life.       

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Funny you should say that. Yesterday I was at Stoke. Outside their ground they have statues of their famous players, I was taking this photo and was explaining to my (young adult) daughter who had ‘never heard of him’ who this was. She asked me if he was still living and I didn’t know so we were reading the plaque for info.  An elderly gentleman heard us and put us right...he was very much so still living and probably would be at the match today! :laugh:

On the list mentioned he is at number 19!

2BA04034-407A-4B72-A861-DB2C92C89E12.jpeg

Sadly very ill with Kidney Cancer 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was astonished to see that MW is now 96; unbelievably just 6 years older than Stirling Moss.

Unfortunately, I was aware of Prunella Scales' age, 86, as I read an article recently outlining how she is suffering so badly with Alzheimer's Disease that she can no longer remember her children's birthdays nor her marriage to Timothy West. 

Very sad to read that re Scales. Various friends of mine have parents suffering Alzheimer's and it is uniformly tragic.

19 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Very sad to read that re Scales. Various friends of mine have parents suffering Alzheimer's and it is uniformly tragic.

They are horrible things any of these `ageing` conditions. I bumped into a bloke I used to work with the other day and he now has vascular dementia. It broke my ******* heart to see him now.

'Goodbye' Dolly …

Legendary Broadway actress Carol Channing 97 dies of natural causes after a great innings of almost a century. 

(Hello Dolly a famous Channing role) R I P 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

"You is a bunch of poofs !"

classic 70's stuff           RIP

Absolutely so!

” la de da Gunner Graham”. 

I can almost hear it now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

"You is a bunch of poofs !"

classic 70's stuff           RIP

:laugh: imagine the Beeb and "language" like that nowadays.

Indian stereotypes played by white men, and poofs

Those wet flannels would be having a fit

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

Journalist Hugh McIlvanney, aged 84. Widely acknowledged to be one of the best sports journalists of his generation, not trained as a sports journo originally but best known for this over and above his traditional journalism roots. RIP.

On 19/01/2019 at 15:35, AppyDAZE said:

:laugh: imagine the Beeb and "language" like that nowadays.

Indian stereotypes played by white men, and poofs

Those wet flannels would be having a fit

Very true but have no problem showing Saint John Cleese major/cricket piece from Fawty Towers, which is strange.

47 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

45 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Jeremy Hardy,  comedian, TV  and radio show panelist,  has died from cancer aged 57, R.I.P. 

Very sad news, 57`s no age at all and he would have had a lot more to give. As above, he seemed one of the good guys and came across as a nice bloke even if you didn`t always agree with his politics.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Clive Swift, Patricia Routledge`s long suffering husband Richard in Keeping Up Appearances. A very talented actor and a very funny man. RIP Clive.

Oh Richard dear! RIP Clive.

30 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sad, loved him in Dennis Potter's Karaoke and Cold Lazarus, also excellent in Scrooge . RIP

Loved him as Poirot in the original Murder On The Orient Express.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomF said:

RIP John H Haynes OBE, the creator of the famous Haynes Manual.  A hero amongst any car enthusiast. 

From an era when you could maintain a car with a Haynes and a socket set. 

• Like 1

Another old lion gone. What precious memories and such a humble man - quite the opposite of so many modern players. Truly a breed apart.