IGNORED

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

WhistleHappy

47 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I had similar thoughts: the ages of some of surprised me, Prunella Scales and Murray Walker being two.

I was astonished to see that MW is now 96; unbelievably just 6 years older than Stirling Moss.

Unfortunately, I was aware of Prunella Scales' age, 86, as I read an article recently outlining how she is suffering so badly with Alzheimer's Disease that she can no longer remember her children's birthdays nor her marriage to Timothy West. 

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very interesting list, and fascinating to see some on there who are still alive, i.e. I thought they had died years ago.

They've certainly gone more in on old folk in recent years than terminally ill.  

• The title was changed to The R.I.P. 2019 Thread
16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A very interesting list, and fascinating to see some on there who are still alive, i.e. I thought they had died years ago.

Funny you should say that. Yesterday I was at Stoke. Outside their ground they have statues of their famous players, I was taking this photo and was explaining to my (young adult) daughter who had ‘never heard of him’ who this was. She asked me if he was still living and I didn’t know so we were reading the plaque for info.  An elderly gentleman heard us and put us right...he was very much so still living and probably would be at the match today! :laugh:

On the list mentioned he is at number 19!

2BA04034-407A-4B72-A861-DB2C92C89E12.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Dean Ford, the former lead singer of the band Marmalade has passed away aged 72 if that qualifies as the first of 2019?

One of Marmalades' greatest hits from yesteryear, it's very poignant and apt today..

R.I.P. Dean Ford while we reflect on your life.       

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Funny you should say that. Yesterday I was at Stoke. Outside their ground they have statues of their famous players, I was taking this photo and was explaining to my (young adult) daughter who had ‘never heard of him’ who this was. She asked me if he was still living and I didn’t know so we were reading the plaque for info.  An elderly gentleman heard us and put us right...he was very much so still living and probably would be at the match today! :laugh:

On the list mentioned he is at number 19!

2BA04034-407A-4B72-A861-DB2C92C89E12.jpeg

Sadly very ill with Kidney Cancer 

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was astonished to see that MW is now 96; unbelievably just 6 years older than Stirling Moss.

Unfortunately, I was aware of Prunella Scales' age, 86, as I read an article recently outlining how she is suffering so badly with Alzheimer's Disease that she can no longer remember her children's birthdays nor her marriage to Timothy West. 

Very sad to read that re Scales. Various friends of mine have parents suffering Alzheimer's and it is uniformly tragic.

19 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Very sad to read that re Scales. Various friends of mine have parents suffering Alzheimer's and it is uniformly tragic.

They are horrible things any of these `ageing` conditions. I bumped into a bloke I used to work with the other day and he now has vascular dementia. It broke my ******* heart to see him now.

Archived