IGNORED

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

WhistleHappy

• Admin
18 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sadly reached the end of the Rhode and came to a dead end far too soon.  R I P 

His family said in a statement:

"In order to end painful speculation surrounding the sudden passing of our beloved Gary Rhodes OBE, the Rhodes family can confirm that after a successful day shooting with Rock Oyster Media for ITV here in Dubai, Gary returned home in a very happy mood for a peaceful evening with his wife Jennie.

"After dinner, Gary unfortunately collapsed in their residence and was rushed to hospital but unfortunately passed away due to subdural hematoma.

"At this time, there are no other details and the family would again request privacy around this very tragic loss and again, thank friends and family for their ongoing support at this time."

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Indeed, sad news.  He once sat in front of me at a Bob Dylan concert in early 90's at the Hammer smith Odeon, he was a great fan  ..

Yes, I remember hearing that he was a big Dylan fan. Also remembering (a bit more of a random thing) that he used to use hypnosis type tapes to help him sleep/relax and, ultimately, improve his game, which was a bit ahead of his time in terms of his hey day in the 70s and 80s.  

Very sad news. RIP

3 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I remember hearing that he was a big Dylan fan. Also remembering (a bit more of a random thing) that he used to use hypnosis type tapes to help him sleep/relax and, ultimately, improve his game, which was a bit ahead of his time in terms of his hey day in the 70s and 80s.  

Very sad news. RIP

He changed his name to Robert George DYLAN Willis !

Archived