IGNORED

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

WhistleHappy

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 years ago apparently, and it had advanced in the last couple of months.

I only heard that last night from Jeff Stelling who does a lot for PC. 

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Ron Saunders - passed away at 87 

Very sad end for such a man …. This report from last year shows how his latter years were a losing battle with dementia in which his mind and memories were lost to him... 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heartbreaking-story-one-aston-villas-15020929 

This may sound harsh but I can only imagine for Ron that the end has come as a happy release ..

Bless him and others suffering similarly from this wicked condition … R.I.P.  

33 minutes ago, Super said:

David Bellamy RIP.

Great bloke, who went the way of Johnny Ball for not towing the Boys Buggery Club line

Bellamy, who was born in London but lived in County Durham, later attracted criticism for dismissing global warming.

In 2004, he described it climate change as "poppycock" and later said it cost him his TV career.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The DoE admitted to hospital.. wonder if he's nearing the end.

Shall we have a Death Pool for 2020 on here...?  The easily offended probably are best avoiding the thread! 

53 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

They are saying it’s just routine.  

Death pool is good with me.  

Count me in.

21 hours ago, TomF said:

The DoE admitted to hospital.. wonder if he's nearing the end.

Shall we have a Death Pool for 2020 on here...?  The easily offended probably are best avoiding the thread! 

Why not. Prince Philip 1st to go for me and Boris assassinated by June.

• Admin
1 hour ago, TomF said:

He looks in good shape lately, even on about touring again! 

One of the most surreal gigs I ever went to, sometime in the 80’s at the Locarno, Shane was wrecked when he came on stage and drank a bottle of JD whilst performing, sounded great to me, but I’d partaken of a glass or two as well.  

44 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One of the most surreal gigs I ever went to, sometime in the 80’s at the Locarno, Shane was wrecked when he came on stage and drank a bottle of JD whilst performing, sounded great to me, but I’d partaken of a glass or two as well.  

I think I was there too mate! Was it the one where Spider had to take over on vocals as Shane was so out of it he kept repeating the same line over and over (Streams Of Whiskey I think)?

I remember the sprung floor going up and down by what felt like about a foot during Sally MaClennane.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think I was there too mate! Was it the one where Spider had to take over on vocals as Shane was so out of it he kept repeating the same line over and over (Streams Of Whiskey I think)?

I remember the sprung floor going up and down by what felt like about a foot during Sally MaClennane.

That sounds about right, I remember the floor moving, I recall singing the same line over again, I had two tickets one for me and one for a pretty Irish lady I knew, but she stood me up, so I did a fair impression of Shane myself that night and some of my recollection is a little hazy

Archived