IGNORED

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

WhistleHappy

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That sounds about right, I remember the floor moving, I recall singing the same line over again, I had two tickets one for me and one for a pretty Irish lady I knew, but she stood me up, so I did a fair impression of Shane myself that night and some of my recollection is a little hazy

I reckon it was the same gig - happy days!

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One of the most surreal gigs I ever went to, sometime in the 80’s at the Locarno, Shane was wrecked when he came on stage and drank a bottle of JD whilst performing, sounded great to me, but I’d partaken of a glass or two as well.  

I was there, on the balcony.......I thought it was going to collapse !

5 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I'll go for Dick Van Dyke, 94 the other week

It’ll be ten picks each.  If one drops you pick another. Winner is whoever predicts the most in the year.  

On 24/12/2019 at 21:11, Ronnie Sinclair said:

OK I will compile a list - I've got a few leftfield ones that could occur (I assume anyone that we know to be ill is exempt from the list?)

I don’t think we’ll exclude the ill, we’ll go roughly with the old TFF rules which were 1 point for 80+ 2 points for under 80-70 and 3 for anyone below 70. Select a joker for double points (only get one per year) and only conditions you can’t pick yourself or assist in any of your picks death.  

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Noooooooo. no not Alice.    Although, he's certainly lived. Remember the Lace & Whiskey days?

He`s 71 and still touring!

I still get out the early albums for a blast every now and again - School`s Out, Killer, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare...…………...

That band from the early days was something special - Alice, Glen Buxton, Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce, the very definition of a rock band.

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`s 71 and still touring!

I still get out the early albums for a blast every now and again - School`s Out, Killer, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare...…………...

That band from the early days was something special - Alice, Glen Buxton, Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce, the very definition of a rock band.

Those albums are superb, I totally agree. After WTMN i lost touch like a lot of us. Those early ones are great. My favourite, probably School's Out with those jazzy instrumental bits. Brilliant album.

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Those albums are superb, I totally agree. After WTMN i lost touch like a lot of us. Those early ones are great. My favourite, probably School's Out with those jazzy instrumental bits. Brilliant album.

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

You missed Love it to Death    :laugh: brilliant record

Billion Dollar Babies was my favourite, some belting tracks on there. I`ve had an ear worm of No More Mister Nice Guy for the last eight hours!

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Billion Dollar Babies was my favourite, some belting tracks on there. I`ve had an ear worm of No More Mister Nice Guy for the last eight hours!

Tis a great record. Muscle of love was the other album from that band wasn't it. A fair bit weaker for me. But i agree with what you say about the original band. have a good day @Lanterne Rouge

Anyway folks, he isn't dead   :laugh:   this thread has gone off rails.  SORRY!

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Wrote "How sweet to be an idiot" for Monty Python and won a court case v. Oasis as they copied the tune for "Whatever" (I think) 

I can`t help thinking the Pythons will start dropping over the next year or two, they`re all getting on a bit now (Eric Idle - 76, Michael Palin - 76, John Cleese - 80, Terry Gilliam - 79 and poor Terry Jones who`s 77 but in the latter stages of dementia)

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can`t help thinking the Pythons will start dropping over the next year or two, they`re all getting on a bit now (Eric Idle - 76, Michael Palin - 76, John Cleese - 80, Terry Gilliam - 79 and poor Terry Jones who`s 77 but in the latter stages of dementia)

Always look on the bright side of life

Archived