Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WhistleHappy

The R.I.P. 2019 Thread

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Can you not acquire it in the same way that football can be acquired these days?

Yes, this is possible 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Can you not acquire it in the same way that football can be acquired these days?

Potentially. But I think poison dwarf Bernie Ecclestone did the sport a huge disservice when he signed this deal (it was his work, not the current owners).

Removing it from the screens of many will diminish it in the long-run. Potential new young fans will never see races.  Short-sighted.

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Potentially. But I think poison dwarf Bernie Ecclestone did the sport a huge disservice when he signed this deal (it was his work, not the current owners).

Removing it from the screens of many will diminish it in the long-run. Potential new young fans will never see races.

**Short-sighted.  (& Short-arsed) Bernie.

** finished your post for you! :) 

(I expect poor old Bernie needed the cash don't you?  The Git! )

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Removing it from the screens of many will diminish it in the long-run. Potential new young fans will never see races.  Short-sighted.

Same as cricket :(

• Sad 1

RIP to the victims of the cowardly & despicable act of violence and terrorism in New Zealand, 49 dead, 20 injured.  I no longer understand this f****d up planet on which we live.

#RIPNZ

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

RIP to the victims of the cowardly & despicable act of violence and terrorism in New Zealand, 49 dead, 20 injured.  I no longer understand this f****d up planet on which we live.

#RIPNZ

Equally my thoughts are with the families and loved ones of this appalling crime.

There are over seven billion human beings on this planet and most of us manage to get along so don’t let the odd madman ruin the beauty that this planet offers us .

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Some guy from Love Island (?) just died .

Muggy Mike

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dick Dale  😥

RIP - also an (albeit tenuous) connection with City as, IIRC the Pulp Fiction theme which highlighted his brilliant guitar playing, was often played as the last piece of music before the players emerged from the tunnel at Ashton Gate..

Edited by New Dazzler

8 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

RIP - also an (albeit tenuous) connection with City as, IIRC the Pulp Fiction theme which highlighted his brilliant guitar playing, was often played as the last piece of music before the players emerged from the tunnel at Ashton Gate..

I was surprised to read that Misrilou - the famous instrumental Dick played that was used in Pulp Fiction - is actually a very ancient Greek or Turkish folk song.

Dick - who had Middle Eastern ancestors - took out the words and speeded it up considerably!

• Thanks 1

Bit late, but just found an email in my junk email box, Al Read who was the main DJ and driving force behind booking the bands and making the Granary what it was died on 7th March in South was hospital after a stroke, had some good nights down there and got to know Al reasonably well, sad evening for me.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Bit late, but just found an email in my junk email box, Al Read who was the main DJ and driving force behind booking the bands and making the Granary what it was died on 7th March in South was hospital after a stroke, had some good nights down there and got to know Al reasonably well, sad evening for me.

The Granary was the go-to place for discos in our senior school. One of the few places you could be reasonably sure of getting served booze at 15 or 16.