IGNORED

Tactics for today. Have a go.

barneyrubble

Tough place to go today probably most depressing place I have ever been to although stadium is OK. 

Think we might see some changes today after lj  references to a smaller side against Rotherham. 

Nikki

kalas       Webster         baker   

pack         Brownhill       

Adelukan     Taylor     kelly

Fam 

Like the look of this it would need Kelly and Adelukan to work hard but I think it would give us more going forward ,3 big centre half's and when needed 5 in midfield. 

Anyone else got any thoughts how we might set up.

1 hour ago, Barney red said:

Missed Patterson off !!!!!!

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Wash your mouth out with soap and water and say 3 hail Mary's for such sacrilege!

You don't need to worry about Paterson, his name is pre-printed on the team sheet before you start :whistle:

HNY everyone and this morning I've woke up feeling very positive about today. I don't think the side will change too much from Rotherham, knocks depending? Think everyone looked ok at the end. Anyway about time we had a (Pen) early to silence the crowd so Fam pen and a Brownhill wonder strike 1st half to put us 2nil up HT. 2nd half will be a controlled performance soaking up pressure to lots of boos from the home crowd and the sound of "ROWETT" out..... COYR.

What would I play ?????

Maenpaa
           Webster.     Kalas
Hunt                                 DaSilva
        Pack            Brownhill
Eliasson. ODowda   Watkins
                     Fam

What do I think we'll play >>>>>>>>

Maenpaa
Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly
ODowda  Pack. Brownhill Weimann
                 Paterson
                Diedhiou 
As I've said elsewhere, maybe a surprise call for DaSilva on LMF . I don't see many changes as we have been fairly solid recently, that suits LJ's mindset at home, he's not going to "go for it" away from home. Unless Stoke are really trying to get the manager sacked , I see tight first half trying to frustrate. Then try and nick it. It just seems the way we have approached games recently.

Judging by the match at the Gate I'd say we'd need to have at least fifty shots on target to at least get one past Butland. It was like Custer's last stand such was his immense performance, and as we only tend to get a tiny fraction of that on target I fear for a long afternoon.

3 hours ago, Barney red said:

Missed Patterson off !!!!!!

That’s you off LJ’s Christmas card list!

I’m mixed between what I would play and what LJ will play.

I think he’ll play the same side as Rotherham, but:

Pisano for Hunt - was just resting Pisano

Kelly for Dasilva - same

Weimann for Adelakun 

If we weren’t away I wouldn’t mind seeing the front 6 as:

Pack

Adelakun, Taylor, Brownhill, Eliasson

Weimann

But maybe that will be the sort of line-up for Huddersfield.

Really hope we have a right go at em this afternoon.  They struggled second half at our place and if it wasn’t for the keeper we would’ve won . Interesting to see if Kelly and Pisano come back in , I’m not 100 % they will . Live on the red button 

8 minutes ago, shelts said:

Really hope we have a right go at em this afternoon.

Hope so too. LJ seems to set up to try not to lose rather than try to win. I know we don't have the same attacking players that Jose was wasting at Utd, but players and fans both prefer to have a proper go at it (I'm not comparing us to utd, other than managers who seem scared to go for it).

Stoke fans aren't happy with how they're set up either, would love LJ to set the team up to really take the game to them today.

8 minutes ago, shelts said:

They struggled second half at our place and if it wasn’t for the keeper we would’ve won

I think Butland was man of the match for them against Bolton too.

Given that Butland was their MoM at the Gate earlier in the season, then the same again please will do v nicely.

Rowett not seemed to be universally liked (that sounds familiar...), their team not exactly pulling up any trees in this division, if they are being honest i think they've underestimated the league. I certainly think their fans have (much like Villa).

We need to take the belief from this 7 game unbeaten streak and take the game to them, if ever the high tempo pressing game was needed it's today. They're big, ungainly and immobile. Move the ball quick, efficiently and with purpose. The game is there for us to take. Joe Allen and Tom Ince need to be kept quiet. Need a big game all round.

Going for 2-0 win for the Brizzle boys!

5 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Given that Butland was their MoM at the Gate earlier in the season, then the same again please will do v nicely.

Rowett not seemed to be universally liked (that sounds familiar...), their team not exactly pulling up any trees in this division, if they are being honest i think they've underestimated the league. I certainly think their fans have (much like Villa).

We need to take the belief from this 7 game unbeaten streak and take the game to them, if ever the high tempo pressing game was needed it's today. They're big, ungainly and immobile. Move the ball quick, efficiently and with purpose. The game is there for us to take. Joe Allen and Tom Ince need to be kept quiet. Need a big game all round.

Going for 2-0 win for the Brizzle boys!

Bet you wish you`d lumped on that now!

Archived