IGNORED

Craig Bellamy

myol'man

Bellamy, who is now working for Colin as Cardiff's U 18s coach has been accused of bullying and anti English xenophobia, including on the team coach traveling to a match against our under 18s, saying "I hate Swansea, but I hate Bristol more cos they're English"

What a nice man to have coaching a kids team

How many welshmen are in colin's Premier League squad? & what would their "welsh" owners think of it?

Or for that matter, in his under 18's?

What a hypocrite, he made a lot of money and had a terrific career playing for English clubs in an English League, I didn't see him taking the dollar and complaining too much then.

Better still,  if he's that patriotic why doesn't he buy the club himself from the foreign owners who employ him and take it out of the English League and play in the welsh league.

This is the " I support Wales and anybody playing England" narrow minded dark ages rubbish.

This is racism.

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't really see what the issue is. So he hates the English, plenty of English hate the Welsh too. Yes he is slightly hypocritical as he mainly made his money in England, and I do not particularly think he is a very nice bloke, but how anyone can take serious offence to that is beyond me.

Saying it is coaching "kids" as well seems a bit far fetched as it is the Under 18s.

Just seems a bit of the usual "blown up non story" to me.

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't really see what the issue is. So he hates the English, plenty of English hate the Welsh too. Yes he is slightly hypocritical as he mainly made his money in England, and I do not particularly think he is a very nice bloke, but how anyone can take serious offence to that is beyond me.

Saying it is coaching "kids" as well seems a bit far fetched as it is the Under 18s.

Just seems a bit of the usual "blown up non story" to me.

Assuming the story is accurate of course the issue would probably be the way he treated the English lad who felt he would be better off leaving the club? On the flip side it could be sour grapes with the kid’s Dad fanning the flames.

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Hates the English but happily made a living over here.. idiot.

I couldn’t care less about that tbh. If someone offered me millions to work over there I would take it and still have the same opinion of them as I have now?.

The only issue is did he force a kid out of the club because he was English?

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

This short section of John Arne Riise's autobiography shows what a charming man he is and what a great role model he is! ? 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool

Either Riise wrote that himself or he hired a ten year old ghost writer. Jeeze Louise, awful writing. 

22 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Wow a Welshman hates the English, that’s so shocking.

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Is the story here that Bellamy is a Bellend? Because we all knew that anyway. 

Hardly news worthy. 

Yes not much to read into here.

Only thing I would say is how some fans of Cardiff defending him because he has suffered racist abuse from the stands for years. They then contradict this by saying the player involved has got no balls and its part of the job. 

Bellamy and Warnock...wow what a match

1 hour ago, Swede said:

How many welshmen are in colin's Premier League squad? & what would their "welsh" owners think of it?

Or for that matter, in his under 18's?

What a hypocrite, he made a lot of money and had a terrific career playing for English clubs in an English League, I didn't see him taking the dollar and complaining too much then.

Better still,  if he's that patriotic why doesn't he buy the club himself from the foreign owners who employ him and take it out of the English League and play in the welsh league.

This is the " I support Wales and anybody playing England" narrow minded dark ages rubbish.

This is racism.

Another 'Andy Murray then....

Archived