IGNORED

Craig Bellamy

myol'man

If he said he hates English, and he is stating it openly. Then that is racism and should be charged for it just like any other race. No different no less.

He should be sacked removed from football completely. After all that’s what FA and FIFA have been campaigning about. Good for the goose good for the gander.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

You sure?

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

You sure?

I agree I think to suggest otherwise is a moron, racism is racism regardless of the colour of skin or nationality or creed.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

In the unlikely event that he gets all his wisdom from OTIB; here's something he can understand in his own language;

Cocyn gradd A y bloke

Who says he can speak Welsh,   many thousands of Welsh can't speak their own language. The man is a idiot.

6 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

If he said he hates English, and he is stating it openly. Then that is racism and should be charged for it just like any other race. No different no less.

He should be sacked removed from football completely. After all that’s what FA and FIFA have been campaigning about. Good for the goose good for the gander.

I'm not sure English is classed as a race.

Caucasian, or Aboriginal, or Negroid would be examples of race.

What he said is prejudice.

Anyway, I'm not going any further as we all know where this leads ?

Bloke is a belligerent prat, always has been.

1 hour ago, The dastardly red said:

Either Riise wrote that himself or he hired a ten year old ghost writer. Jeeze Louise, awful writing. 

AGEIST!

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Good footballer but he's always been an annoying, belligerent, little prat so no surprise that this has cropped up.

SIZEIST!

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Xenophobic tis the word

Unfortunately not everyone likes everyone in the world. If he hates the English I can get over it. It's his right, let it get under his skin, that's the only person it should be effecting 

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Of course English is a race, please do your your due diligence before making such a flippant and derogatory statement.

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

Xenophobic tis the word

Unfortunately not everyone likes everyone in the world. If he hates the English I can get over it. It's his right, let it get under his skin, that's the only person it should be effecting 

I agree but to say it openly is the same as making remarks such as hating “pakis” and should be punish no less.

12 minutes ago, TRL said:

Xenophobic tis the word

Only used prejudice as I couldn't spell Xenophobic (copy and paste thanks) ?

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't really see what the issue is. So he hates the English, plenty of English hate the Welsh too. Yes he is slightly hypocritical as he mainly made his money in England, and I do not particularly think he is a very nice bloke, but how anyone can take serious offence to that is beyond me.

Saying it is coaching "kids" as well seems a bit far fetched as it is the Under 18s.

Just seems a bit of the usual "blown up non story" to me.

Under 18's are teenagers. Kids. Anybody in charge of young people should be aware of the FA's safe guarding practices. Its mandatory to do the workshops to attain coaching badges. Amateur, semi professional and pro clubs must have a safe guarding policy and a code of conduct. 

Bullying is abuse. Discrimination is abuse … And illegal.

5 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

If fear that white Englishmen are the only group it seems impossible to racially abuse, criticise the Scots, Welsh or Irish on social media about their views on anything and they come back threatening hell fire and damnation, criticise the English and it just seems to be accepted.

I agree with your view. There was a court case won by an Irish man that was being racially abused by a black woman making Irish jokes. Irish being a race as well as English. It’s up to the English to pursue a claim but we get morons saying we’re not or can’t make a claim. Well I have.

5 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

I agree with your view. There was a court case won by an Irish man that was being racially abused by a black woman making Irish jokes. Irish being a race as well as English. It’s up to the English to pursue a claim but we get morons saying we’re not or can’t make a claim. Well I have.

Try questioning the SNP for their Brext views, I have received dogs abuse and personal threats as well as acused of beng racist, same with the Irish (ROI), they feel they can say what they want about the English however ..... Anyway back to the football .....

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

I don't know if it is just me, but I don't really see what the issue is. So he hates the English, plenty of English hate the Welsh too. Yes he is slightly hypocritical as he mainly made his money in England, and I do not particularly think he is a very nice bloke, but how anyone can take serious offence to that is beyond me.

Saying it is coaching "kids" as well seems a bit far fetched as it is the Under 18s.

Just seems a bit of the usual "blown up non story" to me.

Its common place for 16's players to play in the 18's so possibility of a 15 year old being one of the players in the group. It also said it was on the coach while travelling, 16's and 18's travel together. So very much in front of kids, also a case of supposedly being a role model as coach, if its acceptable for him to do it becomes acceptable for the players to act the same way.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes not much to read into here.

Only thing I would say is how some fans of Cardiff defending him because he has suffered racist abuse from the stands for years. They then contradict this by saying the player involved has got no balls and its part of the job. 

Bellamy and Warnock...wow what a match

I must have missed the story where Warnock was accused of racism / xenophobia ?

38 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

I agree but to say it openly is the same as making remarks such as hating “pakis” and should be punish no less.

I don't fully agree. It's not against the law to hate something or a group. As long as you don't do something  to abuse said group.

So to say I hate Pakistani or I hate English or I hate French in public I wouldn't specifically say is abuse. If i added another few voice words to go with that sentence then the context changes and it can be seen as something entirely different.

The word hate gets bounded around a lot, when something far more mellow is actually meant like dislike.  Unfortunately the lowering standards of our vocabulary certainly doesn't help.

I would for instance would hate someone who murdered a family member. But I dislike some Parisians because they are rude.

I dislike religion.  I hate those who carry out murder in the name of their religion. 

Unfortunately too many people today would use hate rather than dislike. Very different connotations.

11 minutes ago, TRL said:

I don't fully agree. It's not against the law to hate something or a group. As long as you don't do something  to abuse said group.

So to say I hate Pakistani or I hate English or I hate French in public I wouldn't specifically say is abuse. If i added another few voice words to go with that sentence then the context changes and it can be seen as something entirely different.

The word hate gets bounded around a lot, when something far more mellow is actually meant like dislike.  Unfortunately the lowering standards of our vocabulary certainly doesn't help.

I would for instance would hate someone who murdered a family member. But I dislike some Parisians because they are rude.

I dislike religion.  I hate those who carry out murder in the name of their religion. 

Unfortunately too many people today would use hate rather than dislike. Very different connotations.

I agree but I was making a reference to “hate” not dislike and to express hatred to young lads (in this case) is not acceptable and must be removed. To have an opinion and to express your dislike that’s different but to express hatred in the manner he done then it has to be dealt with especially from someone in a position of authority or a supposedly a role model.

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

Its common place for 16's players to play in the 18's so possibility of a 15 year old being one of the players in the group. It also said it was on the coach while travelling, 16's and 18's travel together. So very much in front of kids, also a case of supposedly being a role model as coach, if its acceptable for him to do it becomes acceptable for the players to act the same way.

Fair enough, but I am sure a 15 year old can make his own mind up even if he is technically a kid (that is even if there were any there). I don't know what the cut off point is (in story shock value terms) to call them "kids", but when it was said it could have been in front of kids it would hardly have been 8 year olds.

4 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

I agree but I was making a reference to “hate” not dislike and to express hatred to young lads (in this case) is not acceptable and must be removed. To have an opinion and to express your dislike that’s different but to express hatred in the manner he done then it has to be dealt with especially from someone in a position of authority or a supposedly a role model.

Isn't the only side of this story is from the ex player though? It is obvious the bloke is a bit of a tool and he may have said it how it has been reported, but I wouldn't be taking it as gospel

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Isn't the only side of this story is from the ex player though? It is obvious the bloke is a bit of a tool and he may have said it how it has been reported, but I wouldn't be taking it as gospel

I think that’s a fair point and enough said.

Archived