IGNORED

Stoke City v Bristol City Match Day 26

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Just commenting how the dissent will vanish. Meaning we should all be in a better place together. No need for the personal stuff 

You love stiring it. No proper fan wants us to lose and even though I have a pop at LJ I'd

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

love him to prove me wrong.

So are we sh*t or good?  I can’t work it out anymore!  I read constantly we have a Clueless manager, rubbish players, worst football ever, sold the Crown Jewels etc etc and yet somehow we sit 4 points off the playoffs, 16 above relegation zone, unbeaten in 8 (as it stands) with 20 games left? It doesn’t make any sense!

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Point blank save from Maenpaa from a Joe Allen header. Pushes it away from danger too. He injects calm into the back like no other keeper I've seen at City (I'm not that old).

am old, but think Maenpaa is the real deal

BTW, why are we rumoured to be chasing the PNE goalkeeper, when we have Max as an excellent no 2? And we could make something on Fielding, at least saving his wages

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Great performance so far. Yes Stoke have dominated but I think we have generally been pretty solid, and had a few very good opportunities that we wasted on the break. Maenpaa really is an amazing signing isn't he. Keeps us in it twice with pen save and that amazing save at the end of the half. O'Dowda brilliant. He is so good in these kind of games.

Have to agree with this. We look comfortable defending yet dangerous when we do counter. We have lacked that final pass though. Which is why we struggle to score. Anyway, for an away performance it has been pretty much perfect and no doubt we have set up to frustrate Stoke and get their fans on them. It has worked and they look devoid of ideas and confidence bar Joe Allen. Shame we can’t add him to our midfield! 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

am old, but think Maenpaa is the real deal

BTW, why are we rumoured to be chasing the PNE goalkeeper, when we have Max as an excellent no 2? And we could make something on Fielding, at least saving his wages

If we'd had a better defence around him, I'd argue Heaton would have been by far the best keeper I've seen play for City - Basso was fantastic, but I don't think I rely on him as much as Maenpaa right now.

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So are we sh*t or good?  I can’t work it out anymore!  I read constantly we have a Clueless manager, rubbish players, worst football ever, sold the Crown Jewels etc etc and yet somehow we sit 4 points off the playoffs, 16 above relegation zone, unbeaten in 8 (as it stands) with 20 games left? It doesn’t make any sense!

I think it's that the football is so dull and unattractive that it's easy to be lured into the misconception that we are shite. Results say otherwise!

Halfway towards our sixth away win of the season. COYR!!!

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just commenting how the dissent will vanish. Meaning we should all be in a better place together. No need for the personal stuff 

Honestly though, having digs is only going to make things worse and reignite things which has happened. Some say some people can't wait to comment when we start losing but I've seen it numerous times when we take a lead some can't wait to use it to fire a weak jibe at them.  Both sides are as bad as each other imo, there's no light or dark side.

Archived