IGNORED

Niki

LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

Often overlooked when people discuss signings. I even read the other day "we just need a RB and a keeper...."

As I said elsewhere, most underrated signing we've made.

Excellent again today.

Knows when to move it and when to take a moment. Distribution was good both on the deck and with some good halfway line throws thrown in. 

Needs a contract extension, and pretty soon. Fielding is not going to get back in the team ahead of him unless he gets injured, as NM is head and shoulders above him. We look so much better with him at the back, and it's nice to have someone that can kick it straight!! Also whenever he is being talked about during matches/highlights, anyone that has worked with him is always saying how positive he is, and also how good he has always been!!

As said above, first time he's been number 1 for ages (possibly ever?), and think he'd sign it pretty quickly!! 

Could easily be the biggest signing of the January window.

The one question I have: is he appreciated by his fellow players?

I ask because when he makes fantastic saves I can't recall any players running up to him and congratulating him?

There is a video on the official site today of our players walking off after the game.  Everyone is fist-pumping, and hugging and high-fiving but Nikki is absent.

Has anyone seen him reacting with the other players?  Perhaps he's just shy.... ?

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I ask because when he makes fantastic saves I can't recall any players running up to him and congratulating him?

There is a video on the official site today of our players walking off after the game.  Everyone is fist-pumping, and hugging and high-fiving but Nikki is absent.

Has anyone seen him reacting with the other players?  Perhaps he's just shy.... ?

At the final whistle all the team were surrounding him and celebrating with him, so I wouldn’t read too much into it.

19 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Unless I'm much mistook he was with the rest of the pack taking the applause of those of us who had the manners to stay put in the stand and clap the team off against Rotherham.

Please, Mr Lansdown - a lengthy contract for this unpronounceable but possibly irreplaceable man.

Great recruitment, yet again but that goes for all the defenders who have just arrived. 

Love the BBC piece on January Window, who could be on the move where they suggest Lk has been our standout performer this season. Just shows they don't go to games live because those that do wouldprobably all  say NIKKI, Webster and Kalas have all made greater positive contributions than our Lloyd. 

Well done Lj, well done keeper coach and well done NIKKI. 

What a great free transfer!

Decent distribution, but more importantly gives the defence some big confidence! I was concerned given his lack of gametime in recent times but a bargain- keepers age differently as @JoeAman08 said, 2 year deal? On current trajectory why not.

He can sweep up a bit at times too and like Diedhiou I watched him closely v Millwall. Seemed to be claiming more crosses than before so yeah- bargain.

Archived