IGNORED

Niki

LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The bloke is outstanding. How he wasn’t getting a game anywhere else beats me!

I can not think of a better signing on a Free in the clubs history and I’m old!!

I'd imagine this is why he's playing so well. That hunger after twiddling his thumbs on the bench for so long, and probably a desire to show people what he can do.

Been class TBF.

27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I can not think of a better signing on a Free in the clubs history and I’m old!!

Some years ago, we picked up a promising young forward from Portsmouth without paying a fee (not, perhaps, a free transfer, but....?) and he didn't turn out too bad. 

• Admin

Interesting career, very short spell at Willem II, surprised some haven't picked up on that more

Eventually ended up signing for VVV Venlo in the same league and was red carded minutes into his debut, but got player of the season that season

Then came to England with Brighton but never broke through into the first team and even given the Number 1 jersey, but they had a great keeper in David Stockdale at the time and guess goalkeeper is the one position short of injury or a real nightmare you tend to keep the shirt.

Of course then under the radar we pick him up

57 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Basso maybe, but not many others that spring to mind. Oh wait a minute what about Neil Kilkenney or David James ?

On 01/01/2019 at 18:00, Chivs said:

The one question I have: is he appreciated by his fellow players?

I ask because when he makes fantastic saves I can't recall any players running up to him and congratulating him?

There is a video on the official site today of our players walking off after the game.  Everyone is fist-pumping, and hugging and high-fiving but Nikki is absent.

Has anyone seen him reacting with the other players?  Perhaps he's just shy.... ?

You've not been to any games then :laugh:

Did anyone see the stat on twitter, we have the most 1-0 wins this season in the top 4 leagues. 

This is probably one of the best defenses we've had in years with Niki playing a big part with the confidence he brings to the players in front off him. He's probably good for a couple more seasons 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We bid 4 million didn't we on that US goalie? And that was when we already had Maenpaa. Would have been a waste of money, as I can't imagine he'd have done a better job than Niki. I think Niki stays on another year at least, maybe 2 or 3 as goalies can usually go on to at least their mid 30s. But at some point O'Leary will be ready to take over I am sure as he looks a talent. And we seem to have talented goalkeepers coming through like Buse. It might be that we do not have to go searching for a first choice goalie for a number of years.

Maybe Nikki will  be able to play on for longer as he has not had so many matches at first team level ? 

On 1 January 2019 at 18:00, Chivs said:

I ask because when he makes fantastic saves I can't recall any players running up to him and congratulating him?

There is a video on the official site today of our players walking off after the game.  Everyone is fist-pumping, and hugging and high-fiving but Nikki is absent.

Has anyone seen him reacting with the other players?  Perhaps he's just shy.... ?

More likely he is just being typically Finnish. Not known for their displays of emotion!

On 01/01/2019 at 19:00, Chivs said:

There is a video on the official site today of our players walking off after the game.  Everyone is fist-pumping, and hugging and high-fiving but Nikki is absent.Has anyone seen him reacting with the other players?  Perhaps he's just shy.... ?f

He and the defenders regullary pay attention to each other for good interceptions. Perhaps more obvious for us who watch the games on BCTV

Archived