IGNORED

Humble pie for new year

keynshamred

I think a few of the Johnson haters need to start eating a bit of humble pie tonight!! 8 games ago this forum was adimant he had to go. Well done Lansdown for sticking by your man, when it could have been easy to get rid. Just shows what patience can do for a club. I know it must continue but signs are getting better now. 

That is 8 good results in a row now. What a great run of form we are on and I think Johnson deserves alot of credit. I said a while ago when we were on our bad run that we were missing a few injured players and some coming back to fitness. O'dowda has made a massive difference since being back, someone who can commit players and relieve pressure and give the opposition something to worry about. Nice to see Bailey back today and he did very well, there are others who have come back to fitness and form! 

Our away form and defensive performances have been some of the best I've known in many years supporting this club, especially in this league. Defensively is definitely down to good coaching and organisation from the coaching side. I can't remember the last season we won so many away games and yet again comes down to setting up the team right, with good tactics and the right characters in the team. Well done Johnson! You carry on doing a great job for our great club. Long may it continue!! You reds!! 

There was always going to be a thread like this and being a staunch ‘LJ outer’ it’s only fair I reply. 

The results in this 8 game run have been good. And I accept that this is a results based industry so those of you pro LJ have the benefit of hindsight now, hence why threads like this may be started. 

However, my concerns about LJ are about performance rather than result. We’ve had a lot of luck in this run and it’s luck that cannot last. I accept that we played well against Norwich and Derby, but there hasn’t been much to crow about aside from that. 

I have not seen any consistency in performance to make me excited. To make me want to go. To make me think it’s worth the money. 

I accept that on the back of 8 undefeated it’s difficult for me to actively say “Johnson out”, but it isn’t difficult for me to be utterly unconvinced by him and our future while he remains in charge. My dislike for him is multi faceted, the poor football, poor activity in the transfer market and then there’s his completely unjustified arrogance. 

Truth be told if he were to be able to address one or two of the above then I could probably cope with the others. 

So am i convinced by LJ? No I’m certainly not. Far from it. Do I want us to lose? About as much as I want LJ as head coach. 

I think they do too, ridiculous the boring oneupmanship, ego crap posted on here by sorts that cant wait for Johnson to fail. Its not just Bristol City fans but football fans in general are far too trigger happy. Watford, Leicester, Everton among the fans that want their managers gone and yet their positions are fine.

Johnson in.

I think there are very very few outright LJ haters.

What there are is a lot of Bristol City lovers, who just disagree and debate what is the right way forward. 

It's our first away win on NYD since 1903, and our first league win at Stoke since 1959.

I suspect all of us here will just be enjoying that for now.

I wasn't in the Johnson out camp this time (I was a few seasons ago and ate my humble pie) so I think I can be objective this time. I'm not sure many wanted LJ out because they thought he was shit - they were concerned about his ability to deliver streaks of poor performance, he has turned it around this time but we all know another run of poor performance is just around the corner at some point, let's hope this run continues into next season. 

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

I wasn't in the Johnson out camp this time (I was a few seasons ago and ate my humble pie) so I think I can be objective this time. I'm not sure many wanted LJ out because they thought he was shit - they were concerned about his ability to deliver streaks of poor performance, he has turned it around this time but we all know another run of poor performance is just around the corner at some point, let's hope this run continues into next season. 

Unbeaten til next season? ?

We'll lose soon, the ego trips will be back, 'I told you so since he was appointed' blah blah blah.

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

There’s no need for this type of post every time we win (or the opposite when we lose for that matter)

just childish one-upmanship

I think there is every reason for posts like this, cause when we were on a bad run the negative supporters or the ones that don't like johnson as a person, would be so quick to post the negatives.

It's nice to be doing well and just pointing it out that he is actually doing a good job and a very hard leagie I may add!! We just need to get a few more good results at home and we can really challenge the top 6.That win against Rotherham could have been vital for confidence!! 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I have not seen any consistency in performance to make me excited. To make me want to go. To make me think it’s worth the money. 

You may have seen the consistency in performance if you attended games.

I’m not sure what you were expecting Fordy, but I’m not an entitled fan who believes we belong in the top 10 of this tough division. We’re the only club in the top two thirds who’ve not played in the premiership. Our budget is nothing compared to today’s opponents.

As a ‘fan’ who doesn’t watch/support the team and has an open dislike for our manager maybe it’s time you look for another hobby or just pipe down?

I'd just like to point out that this kind of thread serves no purpose other than to invite conflict between fans of the same football club.

It's one thing to have faith in the manager, but remember that LJ will not always be the manager of this club, managers come and go, but the fans you're antagonising/provoking, they will always be a part of this club, even long after LJ is gone.

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There was always going to be a thread like this and being a staunch ‘LJ outer’ it’s only fair I reply. 

The results in this 8 game run have been good. And I accept that this is a results based industry so those of you pro LJ have the benefit of hindsight now, hence why threads like this may be started. 

However, my concerns about LJ are about performance rather than result. We’ve had a lot of luck in this run and it’s luck that cannot last. I accept that we played well against Norwich and Derby, but there hasn’t been much to crow about aside from that. 

I accept that on the back of 8 undefeated it’s difficult for me to actively say “Johnson out”, but it isn’t difficult for me to be utterly unconvinced by him and our future while he remains in charge. My dislike for him is multi faceted, the poor football, poor activity in the transfer market and then there’s his completely unjustified arrogance. 

Truth be told if he were to be able to address one or two of the above then I could probably cope with the others. 

So am i convinced by LJ? No I’m certainly not. Far from it. Do I want us to lose? About as much as I want LJ as head coach. 

Agree 100%

We win - LJ supporters are all "where are the haters now bla bla bla".

We lose - Johnson out bla bla bla.

It's quite pathetic really that people feel the need to start posts like this. At the end of the day we all support the club and the team, regardless of who the chairman or the manager is. Not one of us wants to see us lose. EVER!! 

There will always be divisions for/against the manager, whoever it is in charge,or no matter how well or poorly we are doing at the time. That's football.

It really does bug the shit out of me.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

We win - LJ supporters are all "where are the haters now bla bla bla".

We lose - Johnson out bla bla bla.

It's quite pathetic really that people feel the need to start posts like this. At the end of the day we all support the club and the team, regardless of who the chairman or the manager is. Not one of us wants to see us lose. EVER!! 

There will always be divisions for/against the manager, whoever it is in charge,or no matter how well or poorly we are doing at the time. That's football.

It really does bug the shit out of me.

Unfortunately that isn’t strictly true...

However, whilst I can see what the OP is trying to say, trying to antagonise a section of the fan base is just pointless really

1 minute ago, zombie said:

You may have seen the consistency in performance if you attended games.

I’m not sure what you were expecting Fordy, but I’m not an entitled fan who believes we belong in the top 10 of this tough division. We’re the only club in the top two thirds who’ve not played in the premiership. Our budget is nothing compared to today’s opponents.

As a ‘fan’ who doesn’t watch/support the team and has an open dislike for our manager maybe it’s time you look for another hobby or just pipe down?

No need to get precious is there mate? I think you’ll find I’ve seen more than enough of the games to pass judgement. Unless you’re saying that I’d have seen something different watching it live? Of course the reality is that you claiming I’d have seen consistency if I had attended is bollox. We haven’t been consistent. We’ve been largely shit.

I don’t believe I ever said I expect us to be top ten, i just don’t want shit football. I’m entitled to that opinion am I not? I think our football is shit at present. You’ll argue that our results have been good. I can’t disagree, but performance has not been good. 

So take your superfan attitude and stick it buddy. 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s not very classy starting threads like this - but it’s inevitable when we get the “Johnson out” threads every time we lose a couple of games.

Patience is currently being rewarded and lets hope it continues. Rowett would have been quite a popular choice on OTIB a while back.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

It’s not very classy starting threads like this - but it’s inevitable when we get the “Johnson out” threads every time we lose a couple of games.

Patience is currently being rewarded and lets hope it continues. Rowett would have been quite a popular choice on OTIB a while back.

A few were saying they’d take anyone over LJ a few weeks back. 

After 8 games unbeaten I think they may have changed their mind...

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Certain posters will slag Johnson at every opportunity and then when they are pulled up on it they moan and say it’s provocative! Look at your own house before slagging off others!

Utter bollocks and you are one of the worst for antagonising things. You didn’t like getting slated earlier but then kept on doing it afterwards but got the cheek to complain about it. You’re childish behaviour is laughable . Everyone wants us to do well but won’t just blindly follow like a sheep because it makes the likes of you happy . 

Results are good at the moment but as fordy says there’s more it than that , it’s not all black and white . 

Lets see how he does in this transfer window and if he can get us playing better at home  with a bit more fluidity. Sitting in and playing on the counter attack is fine away. The home performances at the moment though are painful . 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A few were saying they’d take anyone over LJ a few weeks back. 

After 8 games unbeaten I think they may have changed their mind...

I don’t think that will happen until we play like Liverpool as well as getting points.

Can I repeat my plea that we have a sub-forum for this kind of pointless and rather childish tit for tat from those who take a fixed position on either side?

Football, like life, is not black and white. Personally I'd rather read an intelligent post from someone I disagree with than a silly one from someone I agree with. 

Better still, balanced posts free of nonsense about haters and happy clappers.

How about we look towards the situation at Ipswich? All the fans wanted mick McCarthy out and now they are most likely going to be relegated...

Were comfortable in midtable, 5 points off playoffs, untill lee johnson is failing then i dont see all this sacking business...

Just fickle fans.....how about we check these boards when cotterill was in the championship 

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No need to get precious is there mate? I think you’ll find I’ve seen more than enough of the games to pass judgement. Unless you’re saying that I’d have seen something different watching it live? Of course the reality is that you claiming I’d have seen consistency if I had attended is bollox. We haven’t been consistent. We’ve been largely shit.

I don’t believe I ever said I expect us to be top ten, i just don’t want shit football. I’m entitled to that opinion am I not? I think our football is shit at present. You’ll argue that our results have been good. I can’t disagree, but performance has not been good. 

Didn't realise you didn't go. Support your club ffs. Could be a long time until you go again then if your waiting for Johnson to go, it ain't happening thabkgod. Can't be doing with anyones opinion if you don't attend games!! Support through thick and thin that's what I've always believed in!! 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not precious, I’m not your buddy either. 8 unbeaten is not a fluke, we have a mean defence, players like Kalas, Webster and Niki, all signed by Lee are the reason for that.

Hopefully in 2019 you’ll be able to leave your armchair and enjoy watching us live, it’s much better than on your laptop/tv, it would also validate your opinion, as currently it’s hard to take it seriously as you don’t watch and openly admit to being bias against Lee.

You are obviously entitled to an opinion, I just don’t think it’s as worthy as that of someone who views our team objectively (without an anti LJ agenda) and who chooses to support the team in person.

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter bollocks and you are one of the worst for antagonising things. You didn’t like getting slated earlier but then kept on doing it afterwards but got the cheek to complain about it. You’re childish behaviour is laughable . Everyone wants us to do well but won’t just blindly follow like a sheep because it makes the likes of you happy . 

Results are good at the moment but as fordy says there’s more it than that , it’s not all black and white . 

Lets see how he does in this transfer window and if he can get us playing better at home  with a bit more fluidity. Sitting in and playing on the counter attack is fine away. The home performances at the moment though are painful . 

Not asking people to follow like sheep. Asking people to not use every chance they get to slag off our manager. 

8 unbeaten and near the play offs and you STILL end your post on a negative point! 

3 minutes ago, zombie said:

I’m not precious, I’m not your buddy either. 8 unbeaten is not a fluke, we have a mean defence, players like Kalas, Webster and Niki, all signed by Lee are the reason for that.

Hopefully in 2019 you’ll be able to leave your armchair and enjoy watching us live, it’s much better than on your laptop/tv, it would also validate your opinion, as currently it’s hard to take it seriously as you don’t watch and openly admit to being bias against Lee.

You are obviously entitled to an opinion, I just don’t think it’s as worthy as that of someone who views our team objectively (without an anti LJ agenda) and who chooses to support the team in person.

Spot on, no respect for keyboard warriors who sit at home and then pretend to have an opinion on the games!! 

Archived