IGNORED

Humble pie for new year

keynshamred

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Don't know why you are being so defensive, I didn't say he was, I just asked how you know he never looks a social media stuff. Never heard him say that, in fact I've heard him indicate the opposite, not in a big way, but definitely he has.

Looking at your posting history, out of curiosity, about 90%+ of which is defending Johnson, you certainly are a big fan of his!!

I am cause I've had a season ticket for 30 plus years and we have had some simply horrendous managers in that time!!

Johnson certainly isn't one of them and we are playing in the championship and competing well. I for one will back a manager that keeps us in this league and keeps improving the side, gives young players a chance and loves our great club! It could be anyone not just a Johnson thing I may add. This year I do admit though he needs to make us finish top half again. But after losing 3 massive players in the summer think that would be progress again!!

We have money in the bank now as well to improve again, whether that be now or the summer!! People have very short memories. Think of pulis, O'driscoll, Osman, tinnion, ward, Wilson. Lennardson and countless others!  All the failures and the dour football on show in that time! 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

@Davefevs - I can see you argument for not including Bryan and Flint. But taking aside the fact that it's LJ for a second.

Two questions:

1) What were Joe Bryan and Aden Flint worth in 2015, or summer 2016?

2) So, can you honestly say that a manager can't take some credit for the improvement and big profit made on 2 players who spent over 2 years under them and played over 100 games for?

Unless you believe a player's development would have been the same, regardless of manager.

Good question.  But also please bear in mind a massive inflationary backdrop, where player values have gone up regardless.  You should also factor in where each were in their respective contracts, prior to heads turned.  These are my genuine thoughts looking back to what I think I thought at the time....not trying to engineer it.

1) Bryan in summer 2015 - £2-3m, summer 2016 - similar.

1) Flint in summer 2015 - £3-5m (goalscoring CB), summer 2016 - £5-6m (Mawson went for £5m that summer from Barnsley!!). 

2) yes, of course you can, but not all of the credit as suggested by others.

I think Joe’s development was always gonna be upward.

In Flint’s case I think he got a bit better on the ball under LJ, but defensively he didn’t get any better....as a CH myself (obviously at a much shitter level) I saw deficiencies in his game, and never saw him being a £10m player.  We got a good Fee at £7m for him.

thats my honest thoughts.

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good question.  But also please bear in mind a massive inflationary backdrop, where player values have gone up regardless.  You should also factor in where each were in their respective contracts, prior to heads turned.  These are my genuine thoughts looking back to what I think I thought at the time....not trying to engineer it.

1) Bryan in summer 2015 - £2-3m, summer 2016 - similar.

1) Flint in summer 2015 - £3-5m (goalscoring CB), summer 2016 - £5-6m (Mawson went for £5m that summer from Barnsley!!). 

2) yes, of course you can, but not all of the credit as suggested by others.

I think Joe’s development was always gonna be upward.

In Flint’s case I think he got a bit better on the ball under LJ, but defensively he didn’t get any better....as a CH myself (obviously at a much shitter level) I saw deficiencies in his game, and never saw him being a £10m player.  We got a good Fee at £7m for him.

thats my honest thoughts.

Yeah of course player valuations are massively difficult to guess - especially in the past.

Think you may be a touch high on Bryan - Darikwa left Chesterfield (then league one?) for Burnley (Champ?) in summer 2015 for £600k. £3m was what Spurs paid Burnley for Trippier.

Flint - also a touch high maybe, vs. Mawson - Alfie was always going onto better things. Might be my memory, but for all his strengths, I do remember his mistakes and often poor play on the ball back then.

I agree LJ shouldn't take all the credit for them - I haven't read that, but the reason I quoted you is because I thought I read you write them out of LJ's transfer P/L balance sheet in this thread? Sorry if i'm wrong.

I totally respect you opinion as one of the most balanced posters on here - but IMO, the above, is perhaps a bit harsh, when part of a manager's remit is to not only sign players to make money from, but surely to develop what they already have, both in the squad and coming through the academy. 

On that final point, surely a manager deserves some credit. 

1 hour ago, keynshamred said:

He has also said on interviews that he never looks at social media or forums, or maybe you think he is lying?

Well, if LJ “never looks at social media” how does he post tweets on his personal twitter account? He’s got 20k followers and it’s been verified as an official twitter account....so he does look at social media doesn’t he? Perhaps you should apologise to @NickJ?!

And when we signed Engvall, LJ said: “This is a big transfer for us...it’s taken a lot of hard work from a lot of people...he will adjust quickly to the tempo of the Championship....he’ll be really dangerous”

It must be just you and @Robbored who insist on here that everything that springs from the lips of managers is 100% true and can never be doubted....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It must be just you and @Robbored who insist on here that everything that springs from the lips of managers is 100% true and can never be doubted....

That’s not what I said BS4. 

Like BobbobSuperBob you’ve ‘accidentally’ misconstrued my posts on the subject............:cool2:

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, if LJ “never looks at social media” how does he post tweets on his personal twitter account? He’s got 20k followers and it’s been verified as an official twitter account....so he does look at social media doesn’t he? Perhaps you should apologise to @NickJ?!

And when we signed Engvall, LJ said: “This is a big transfer for us...it’s taken a lot of hard work from a lot of people...he will adjust quickly to the tempo of the Championship....he’ll be really dangerous”

I'm on about forums not twitter. Sorry if I didn't explain correctly! 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s not what I said BS4. 

Like BobbobSuperBob you’ve ‘accidentally’ misconstrued my posts on the subject............:cool2:

It is....I posted something LJ said about Bailey Wright and included the wording “...if true, then fair play..” - your reply was: “Of course it’s true...jeez” - accompanied by your trademark ‘facepalm” emoji....so how have I misconstrued that you think what LJ says is true....?!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It is....I posted something LJ said about Bailey Wright and included the wording “...if true, then fair play..” - your reply was: “Of course it’s true...jeez” - accompanied by your trademark ‘facepalm” emoji....so how have I misconstrued that you think what LJ says is true....?!

I said something like ‘all managers are capable of bending the truth, particularly if they’re protecting a player or the club’

”why would LJ lie about something that anyone motivated to do so could easily find out by a quick internet search’

Thats not me saying that every word a manager speaks is 100% true........

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You said LJ says in interviews that he doesn’t look at social media and forums....Twitter is a significant social media outlet...was just pointing that out....enjoy your evening...

I don't use twitter so didnt really think of that as social media, although I know it is. He did state that he doesn't though last season when the media side and his interviews were alot better and more in debth.Shocking this year!! 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I said something like ‘all managers are capable of bending the truth, particularly if they’re protecting a player or the club’

”why would LJ lie about something that anyone motivated to do so could easily find out by a quick internet search’

Thats not me saying that every word a manager speaks is 100% true........

That is quite simply untrue....you did NOT say that in response to my post.....you only said “Of course it’s true...jeez” ....have a look at your response to me - it’s post number 11 in the Bailey Wright thread...(link below)...

46 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yeah of course player valuations are massively difficult to guess - especially in the past.

Think you may be a touch high on Bryan - Darikwa left Chesterfield (then league one?) for Burnley (Champ?) in summer 2015 for £600k. £3m was what Spurs paid Burnley for Trippier.

Flint - also a touch high maybe, vs. Mawson - Alfie was always going onto better things. Might be my memory, but for all his strengths, I do remember his mistakes and often poor play on the ball back then.

I agree LJ shouldn't take all the credit for them - I haven't read that, but the reason I quoted you is because I thought I read you write them out of LJ's transfer P/L balance sheet in this thread? Sorry if i'm wrong.

I totally respect you opinion as one of the most balanced posters on here - but IMO, the above, is perhaps a bit harsh, when part of a manager's remit is to not only sign players to make money from, but surely to develop what they already have, both in the squad and coming through the academy. 

On that final point, surely a manager deserves some credit. 

I certainly didn’t write Flint and Bryan (or Reid) out of my calculations. I raised the question, but they are included. Just trying to give another angle in my commentary

With everyone included his profit is £1.9m. Not huge when you consider the three above!!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is quite simply untrue....you did NOT say that in response to my post.....have a look at your response to me - it’s post number 11 in the Bailey Wright thread...(link below)...

Ffs...............:facepalm:..............just do yourself a favour and put me on ignore.

On 01/01/2019 at 17:19, keynshamred said:

I think a few of the Johnson haters need to start eating a bit of humble pie tonight!! 8 games ago this forum was adimant he had to go. Well done Lansdown for sticking by your man, when it could have been easy to get rid. Just shows what patience can do for a club. I know it must continue but signs are getting better now. 

That is 8 good results in a row now. What a great run of form we are on and I think Johnson deserves alot of credit. I said a while ago when we were on our bad run that we were missing a few injured players and some coming back to fitness. O'dowda has made a massive difference since being back, someone who can commit players and relieve pressure and give the opposition something to worry about. Nice to see Bailey back today and he did very well, there are others who have come back to fitness and form! 

Our away form and defensive performances have been some of the best I've known in many years supporting this club, especially in this league. Defensively is definitely down to good coaching and organisation from the coaching side. I can't remember the last season we won so many away games and yet again comes down to setting up the team right, with good tactics and the right characters in the team. Well done Johnson! You carry on doing a great job for our great club. Long may it continue!! You reds!! 

I don't have to eat nothing, not even humble pie, 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Handbags tonight.

:handbags:

Makes a change.

Just read through this post and it’s not just tonight mate, the whole thread is full of the usual suspects who have derailed it again.  It’s as though their lives depend on getting the last word in.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:58, big p said:

I have to agree with this .

I wonder how many of the "Attention seeking whores" actually watch the game live at Ashton gate regularly.

I think I watched every game Live but cannot confirm this as parents are not, but fairly sure I was not dead for any game unlike some of the players.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you admit you made up a fictitious response to me that simply didn’t happen and now you use your trademark “FFS” and your infamous facepalm emoji when proved wrong once again ...?!

And you @Robbored once again react to being proved wrong by responding to my post above with a laughing emoji....surely you realise how ridiculous and sad you make yourself look, day after day after day after day after day after day....?! Undoubtedly not though.....

29 minutes ago, big p said:

Not quite sure what this means,sorry.

Live means living

dead um not living

parents mean Mother and Father( but you can have Mother and Mother or Father and Father, not going other groups because I've been ordered to bed by the wife)

sorry was a sitcom with Ronnie Corbett (sadly no longer with us)

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Live means living

dead um not living

parents mean Mother and Father( but you can have Mother and Mother or Father and Father, not going other groups because I've been ordered to bed by the wife)

sorry was a sitcom with Ronnie Corbett (sadly no longer with us)

Ok,thanks for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And you @Robbored once again react to being proved wrong by responding to my post above with a laughing emoji....surely you realise how ridiculous and sad you make yourself look, day after day after day after day after day after day....?! Undoubtedly not though.....

Irony.

Archived