IGNORED

Humble pie for new year

keynshamred

The one thing I have learnt over the past few years with Johnson at the healm is expect the unexpected. I’ve also learnt not to nail my colours to the mast in terms of being in the Johnson in or out camp as my feelings on this do genuinely change (hence not really posting on here so much any more). Where I have struggled is the complete lack of consistency during the course of a season, whether this has been down to injuries, poor signings, players not putting in an effort, unfathomable team selection, formation and tactics etc (you’ll notice some of these can be directly linked to Johnson - others not so much). What this has resulted in for me is a complete emotional rollercoaster during the course of a season - ranging from pure fury to general apathy to excitement and delight. Fortunately I’m trending towards the latter at the moment but have also felt the previous emotions in abundance this season and last (I must say the feeling of apathy is a newer one to me in my years of watching City). Anyway, things are looking good for now so am happy to run with that until the next inevitable twist!

11 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just read through this post and it’s not just tonight mate, the whole thread is full of the usual suspects who have derailed it again.  It’s as though their lives depend on getting the last word in.

Gotta admit though the OP did some impressive fishing here 

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I really struggle with both of those words.  I often use the word decent when I mean average because average is taken negatively so often.  He’s probably a smidge in credit for me overall, but his 8 game run gives him an upward trend.  But I see both sides of this one....and it’s so subjective.

I never saw LJ play live apart from 40 minutes v Watford in the playoff season when Henderson crocked him, so I don’t have anything in his playing career to sway me either way.  Some on here loves the simple pass and move, others loathed it.

As per Monty Python, he ain’t the messiah, but he ain’t a naughty boy either!!

I remember when Gary joined us and people were screaming out for Lee to join as they thought he was a good player, and he was, however he got tarnished with accusations of nepotism when his dad failed to secure the required results and we started dropping down the championship table.  People are just ******* and like a good scapegoat.

7 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I remember when Gary joined us and people were screaming out for Lee to join as they thought he was a good player, and he was, however he got tarnished with accusations of nepotism when his dad failed to secure the required results and we started dropping down the championship table.  People are just ******* and like a good scapegoat.

I don’t remember anyone ‘screaming out’ for GJ to sign his son....at the time, no one I know had even really heard of him....

A quick word for anybody still eating the humble pies

They are out of date, throw them away ffs or they will make you sick.

We're all BCFC, Lee's back in credit (I know, an annoying term, but he is) so

COYR and let's get the win on Saturday.

After all, we don't want any cup shocks at AG tomorrow, do we?

6 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Anyone else on the humble pie bandwagon yet? ? 25 million of pound out the door and the  rebuilding programme is going well. Johnson carries on doing a top job. 9 unbeaten and counting. Buzzing!! 

No need for this.

These sort of smug posts only serve to wind each other up, no good can come from them. If anything those who are in the Johnson out group may feel their views becoming even more entrenched because of WUMs like you.

We’re all pro City, at the moment I am in the Johnson in camp and have been consistently, however I’m sure a day will come when it is time for him to go and I reserve the right to change my opinion.

Grow up and pipe down.

19 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Anyone else on the humble pie bandwagon yet? ? 25 million of pound out the door and the  rebuilding programme is going well. Johnson carries on doing a top job. 9 unbeaten and counting. Buzzing!! 

What, you think everybody else loves City to lose?

Cock

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Football works like this  OK?

Manager does crap = gets stick

Manager gets results = gets praise

Johnson does both and gets both

Not hard

No wrong. You watch city for 30 years and see promise In a manager and instead of going with the crowd (easy option) , you understand the game and you stick by a man. Even though he loses his best players and starts to rebuild a team. Now is the time when we move on, half way through a season. Players settle down, players come back to fitness. Results come and that's it. Don't jump on bandwagons! Go with your gut and take in consideration what's happening around you!! ? 

7 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

No wrong. You watch city for 30 years and see promise In a manager and instead of going with the crowd (easy option) , you understand the game and you stick by a man. Even though he loses his best players and starts to rebuild a team. Now is the time when we move on, half way through a season. Players settle down, players come back to fitness. Results come and that's it. Don't jump on bandwagons! Go with your gut and take in consideration what's happening around you!! ? 

I applaud the visionary football fan you undoubtedly are, keynshamred

BUT the thing that is really getting my goat is this "Buzzin'" crap

We are ALL buzzing when we are winning. You're no super fan or better than anyone else, believe me

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

We are ALL buzzing . You're no super fan, believe me

Expect we are yeah, in great form, 9 unbeaten. Unfortunately there is still a sad divide in the Johnson side of things and some will not change no matter what. will be nice to see Johnson get more credit!! That's the bottom line for me

4 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Expect we are yeah, in great form, 9 unbeaten. Unfortunately there is still a sad divide in the Johnson side of things and some will not change no matter what. will be nice to see Johnson get more credit!! That's the bottom line for me

Johnson deserves credit. But not always. That's my take and unless someone is anti-Johnson totally on a personal basis, I have no problem with people being critical.

But for me, right now ,

I say Well done, Lee

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Johnson deserves credit. But not always. That's my take and unless someone is anti-Johnson totally on a personable basis, I have no problem with people being critical.

But for me, right now ,

I say Well done, Lee

Fair enough! But you and me know, there are people on this forum and that go to games that will always be in the Johnson out camp no matter what happens in the future. Sad and negative for me!!  I just wish the fanbase could just get behind the manager and club and help us move forward together!! 

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We are ALL buzzing when we are winning. You're no super fan or better than anyone else, believe me

Let me assist Appy

This particular poster is ‘buzzing’ right .......

Now ......shut your eyes................what image have you got.....

Well done 

B74EEBEB-B231-470C-9E6E-F8BCCC33980C.gif

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Fair enough! But you and me know, there are people on this forum and that go to games that will always be in the Johnson out camp no matter what happens in the future. Sad and negative for me!!  I just wish the fanbase could just get behind the manager and club and help us move forward together!! 

You're right, but I can assure you I'm not one.

On the second point, if he can avoid one of those horrendous downturns in form again, you never know

COYR

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You're right, but I can assure you I'm not one.

On the second point, if he can avoid one of those horrendous downturns in form again, you never know

COYR

Yep, like you say we are all city and proud. Just wish people would be consistent on here and get behind the club we all love. Sometimes I come on here and think the opposite!! Ctid

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let me assist Appy

This particular poster is ‘buzzing’ right .......

Now ......shut your eyes................what image have you got.....

Well done 

B74EEBEB-B231-470C-9E6E-F8BCCC33980C.gif

If I had my way Bob. I would get Johnson to stick that up your ass! ? 

Archived