IGNORED

Referee vs Webster

phantom

• Admin

To me it looked like the referee today told our bench to sub Webster, does anyone know if that was the case or if it can happen? 

There was clearly blood on the side of his neck as he was walking off 

Ps thank you to the referee as we scored straight after 

What one never sees on the RB are the real nice touches at football. Firstly as Webster was about to walk down the tunnel in front of us 'Knowle Man' leapt and powered in his header. Webster went mad and punched the air with both arms! 

Secondly Wilbs got his phone out to record the celebrations. Doubtless RB viewers kept warm! 

The referee has the complete right to have a player with blood pouring from a wound removed from the field probably even duty as he represents a danger to himself and more saliantly others. What happens next is up to the manager, but if the ref says he is not to be on the pitch then LJ has a decision to make!

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

What one never sees on the RB are the real nice touches at football. Firstly as Webster was about to walk down the tunnel in front of us 'Knowle Man' leapt and powered in his header. Webster went mad and punched the air with both arms! 

Secondly Wilbs got his phone out to record the celebrations. Doubtless RB viewers kept warm! 

Another dig, eh?

You're a joke.

Definitely looked on bctv like he was told to go off by the ref. He’d been treated a couple of times and it was still bleeding so I think the ref has every right to insist he leaves the pitch until bleeding stops - clearly they weren’t capable of stopping the bleed so he had to be subbed

• Admin
2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

..... Wilbs got his phone out to record the celebrations.

I was sat right by wilbs too, if I'd have known you were there I'd have said hello 

For anyone not there today following a clash of heads between Webster and Pack in the opening exchanges, after treatment on the pitch Webster returned to the dressing room for more treatment. After coming back onto the pitch the ref ordered him off again where this odd plaster was put across the top of his head (over bandages already wrapped around his head) and forced to put on the "blood shirt", then minutes later when we were just about to take an attacking thrown in the ref went over to our technical area and seemingly instigated the substitution. 

As mentioned above the blood was very clear as he was walking down the players tunnel by the corner flag. 

It looked like both our bench and Webster were against the change, I honestly wasn't aware an official could do this? 

Obviously an element of common sense about a players safety comes into play, but thought it odd no opportunity was allowed to get him playable 

39 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I was stood by the players tunnel and can confirm blood was running down through bandages and onto neck and face. 

as he was  walking off city scored and he managed to celebrate in front of the fans before going in for treatment 

Thanks Julie you’re  a star!

The issue with the ref, which I believe was more why LJ was angry with him when he went over, was two prior times Webster was ready to come back on, once after being off for five minutes, when we desperately needed him back, the ref would not wave him back on, and twice allowed Stoke to attack before he’d let the player return to the field of play.

Having seen players feign injury at AG, then trot off, and get waved back on almost immediately, this really boiled my piss too. I know refs are inconsistent, but why on earth did he TWICE dismiss the request from the fourth official for Webster to come back on? In the first half he was a full-on parachute ref, advantage after advantage to the ex-Prem side.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

The issue with the ref, which I believe was more why LJ was angry with him when he went over, was two prior times Webster was ready to come back on, once after being off for five minutes, when we desperately needed him back, the ref would not wave him back on, and twice allowed Stoke to attack before he’d let the player return to the field of play.

Having seen players feign injury at AG, then trot off, and get waved back on almost immediately, this really boiled my piss too. I know refs are inconsistent, but why on earth did he TWICE dismiss the request from the fourth official for Webster to come back on? In the first half he was a full-on parachute ref, advantage after advantage to the ex-Prem side.

Yes, that was ridiculous, even more that the second time it happened having stopped him coming on for about a minute he then seemed to choose a random moment to wave him back on!

Archived