IGNORED

Bailey Wright

Port Said Red

Looked like he'd never been out of the side since April-was that his last game? 

He headed well, supported Kelly who also had a great last 30mins and seemed to work well with Kallas and NIKKI. 

Hope he starts on Saturday and we get to see plenty of others. If it's a painful result (draw) I'd like to see a lot of reserves getting on that magic bus oop north too. 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

LJ bigged him up in his post match interview, basically saying “Bails” played on through injury delaying his operation which cost him his World Cup place and proving his commitment to Bristol City - fair play if true...

He absolutely did - thread at the time when he was getting pelters is worth reading

Now, I think things have moved on a touch since then - and he’s behind Webster and Kalas at CB. But I can absolutely see why he’s the skipper, and absolutely understand the praise from LJ

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He absolutely did - thread at the time when he was getting pelters is worth reading

Now, I think things have moved on a touch since then - and he’s behind Webster and Kalas at CB. But I can absolutely see why he’s the skipper, and absolutely understand the praise from LJ

“Like”...

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

LJ bigged him up in his post match interview, basically saying “Bails” played on through injury delaying his operation which cost him his World Cup place and proving his commitment to Bristol City - fair play if true...

Of course it’s true......jeez..........:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why do you have to chime in with provocative replies when it’s totally unnecessary?! What an annoying twerp....like a football manager has never ever said anything that’s untrue before.....you just blindly believe every media soundbite....it must be nice to live in your fluffy time warp....we’ll deal with the real world...you crack on in your Utopia....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why do you have to chime in with provocative replies when it’s totally unnecessary?! What an annoying twerp....l

As my post annoy you then to ease your angst simply put me on ignore.....it’s the same tip I give to everybody who allow themselves to get irritated by my posts.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As my post annoy you then to ease your angst simply put me on ignore.....it’s the same tip I give to everybody who allow themselves to get irritated by my posts.

Yes, but the wording you used in your previous reply to me suggests you think it is impossible for LJ to say anything but the absolute truth in an interview....are you that naive?! 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why do you have to chime in with provocative replies when it’s totally unnecessary?! What an annoying twerp....like a football manager has never ever said anything that’s untrue before.....you just blindly believe every media soundbite....it must be nice to live in your fluffy time warp....we’ll deal with the real world...you crack on in your Utopia....

it has nothing to do with anything you say. Just some strange pleasure he gets, maybe his only one left!!

Maybe hit him with Al  Capone guns don't argue.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do we know it is definitely true? I seem to remember the course of events being: Wright plays through injury, has an average-but-not-great end to the season; not picked for Aus WC squad; therefore we decide to give the operation the go ahead after he didn't get picked for the WC

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Baffled why some fans don’t rate him and why anyone would boo him 

That was bad when it happened.  With Pisano injured or struggling to get back fit, our Captain played through injury.  He was a shadow of the player who was our best marker last season.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, but the wording you used in your previous reply to me suggests you think it is impossible for LJ to say anything but the absolute truth in an interview....are you that naive?! 

So you’re suggesting that easy supported and proven comments are actually lies and you ask if I’m naive!?..................:cool2:

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you’re suggesting that easy supported and proven comments are actually lies and you ask if I’m naive!?..................:cool2:

I believe it was more just due to the tone of it. It was actually quite patronising, you do also have a reputation of making this kind of comment whenever someone questions something LJ says. 

Secondly LJ has said things, which are more likely lies, such as Diedhiou being brought in to play alongside Reid even though Reid wasn’t a Striker when Fammy signed. 

Finally Bailey Wright’s WC spot can’t be proven actually, it could all of been down to the injury and he’d of never of played anyway. 

He came on and slotted in seamlessly, what more could you ask for. Was it him who cleared off the line or as good as, couldn’t see as it was down the other end? I think Pack handed him the Captain’s armband, no question he is seen as the Captain and he certainly set about organising straight away. 

I think Bailey was getting a bad rep amongst some City fans last year mainly because he was being played out of his preferred position (centre back) due to injuries/lack of squad depth, and struggled some games against pace wingers. But he’s always very solid when called upon and probably one of the best all round centre backs we have at the club. I’d say Kalas and Webster are first choice but it’s great having such good competition at the back. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

I believe it was more just due to the tone of it. It was actually quite patronising, you do also have a reputation of making this kind of comment whenever someone questions something LJ says. 

Secondly LJ has said things, which are more likely lies, such as Diedhiou being brought in to play alongside Reid even though Reid wasn’t a Striker when Fammy signed. 

Like most managers LJ is quite capable of bending the truth but in this case I’d ask why would he need to?  :dunno:

Anyone with the motivation could find out via the internet why he was omitted from the Aussie WC squad...

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like most managers LJ is quite capable of bending the truth but in this case I’d ask why would he need to?  :dunno:

Anyone with the motivation could find out via the internet why he was omitted from the Aussie WC squad...

He could lie to protect a player who was under a lot of criticism from fans. 

Make them think that Wright put the club over his country. 

Give an excuse of why Wright wasn’t at top form last season (I personally thought he was okay at RB but a lot of fans thought otherwise).

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

He could lie to protect a player who was under a lot of criticism from fans. 

Make them think that Wright put the club over his country. 

Give an excuse of why Wright wasn’t at top form last season (I personally thought he was okay at RB but a lot of fans thought otherwise).

As I said LJ can like most managers can bend the truth particularly if it’s to protect a player or in some cases protect the club.

I dont have a problem with that. I don’t see it as a downright lie.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As I said LJ can like most managers can bend the truth particularly if it’s to protect a player or in some cases protect the club.

I dont have a problem with that. I don’t see it as a downright lie.

But you just said earlier on the thread “of course it’s true” - but now saying it may not be true??

45 minutes ago, Selred said:

But you just said earlier on the thread “of course it’s true” - but now saying it may not be true??

Of course! 

Had he bent the truth regarding BW the anyone motivated could quite easily have rumbled it by a quick search on the internet.

Thats why I believe what he said on this matter.

Archived