IGNORED

Huddersfield Cup game

daored

All in all not a bad Christmas / new year period for us.

Appreciate this is quite probably a winnable game, but would  like to see Johnson make changes for Saturday and rest players such as Pack & Brownhill especially. Would like to see O’Leary, Morrell, Wright, Baker and Taylor all start. Eisa if still here.

O'Leary

Pisano* ... Wright ... Baker ... Dasilva

Adelakun ... Morrell ... MP/JB ... Eliasson

Taylor ... Eisa

* If fit

O'Leary has been the one on the bench lately so give him the game and send Frankie with the 23's on the Monday. Would give Brownhill and Pack 45 minutes each. Question of whether Eisa may go with the 23's on Monday if he's not out on loan. 

3 hours ago, hodge said:

O'Leary

Taylor ... Eisa

* If fit

O'Leary has been the one on the bench lately so give him the game and send Frankie with the 23's on the Monday. Would give Brownhill and Pack 45 minutes each. Question of whether Eisa may go with the 23's on Monday if he's not out on loan. 

I wouldn’t have Pack or Brownhill anywhere near the match-day 18....give them whatever is deemed to bare minimum workload this week to keep them ticking over.

My side would be:

O’Leary

Vyner, Wright, Baker, Dasilva (reckon Vyner has been recalled)

Morrell

Adelakun, Taylor, O’Dowda, Eliasson

Eisa

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I wouldn’t have Pack or Brownhill anywhere near the match-day 18....give them whatever is deemed to bare minimum workload this week to keep them ticking over.

My side would be:

O’Leary

Morrell

Eisa

Could stick O'Dowda centrally but I feel we're then potentially missing the leader in that midfield which Pack and Brownhill can both do.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Could stick O'Dowda centrally but I feel we're then potentially missing the leader in that midfield which Pack and Brownhill can both do.

They would of course be first choice, think they would benefit from a week off from involvement.  Even sitting on the bench means they’ll have to prepare fully.  Big cotton wool pads for these two.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They would of course be first choice, think they would benefit from a week off from involvement.  Even sitting on the bench means they’ll have to prepare fully.  Big cotton wool pads for these two.

Just for a laugh lets stick Webster in midfield :laugh: his passing and skill on the ball think he'd be fine there

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My side would be:

O’Leary

Morrell

Eisa

I really hope it wouldn’t be your formation.

We would be battered as defensively incredibly weak down the left. Morrell (I could be wrong), is more of a playmaker, foot on the ball, small player who couldn’t sit in the defensive base. 

Then having Taylor and ODowda out of position (I understand COD plays there for Ireland), I don’t think will work.

Drop COD for Pack/Brownhill, put Taylor up top and I’d be happier. 

I don’t understand why Vyner would be recalled though, he’s getting games and we have Pisano and Hunt

1 hour ago, Selred said:

I really hope it wouldn’t be your formation.

Why not? We play the same formation in league games.  It easily moves into a 4411 in fact (which we do in-game anyway), if I move Taylor forward it’s 4411.  Its how we’ve been playing, breed more familiarity for the fringe players in case they need to play?

We would be battered as defensively incredibly weak down the left. 

We played with Dasilva and Eliasson v Brentford?

Morrell (I could be wrong), is more of a playmaker, foot on the ball, small player who couldn’t sit in the defensive base. 

I see him being able to play a bit more like Bannan does in the deeper role.

Then having Taylor and ODowda out of position (I understand COD plays there for Ireland), I don’t think will work.

They both have licence to move forward like a Brownhill and Paterson do in the league line up.  I’m trying to keep a familiar set-up.

Drop COD for Pack/Brownhill, put Taylor up top and I’d be happier. 

Yeah, you can do that....I don’t want to...I don’t want Pack or Brownhill anywhere near the 18 this weekend.  I want them rested totally.

I don’t understand why Vyner would be recalled though, he’s getting games and we have Pisano and Hunt

Only because he was left out by Rotherham yesterday, who were without their red carded RB Billy Jones, and only named 6 subs.  It could be pure coincidence.  Might be that he’s got a different loan sorted?

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My side would be:

O’Leary

Morrell

Eisa

Gregor is saying he was left out yesterday due to a slight knock, should be back for their next game

Agree would be great to see the likes of Morrell, Adelukan, Taylor etc starting, and even better if they can perform and put a bit of pressure on to start games going into the second half of season.

Also would good to see Pack & Brownhill rested but we lack options there, especially with Smith still not fit.

Whoever plays, really hope we get a result. The FA cup has clearly lost a lot of importance but a good cup run can still do wonders for a club in our position I feel.

14 hours ago, hodge said:

O'Leary

Taylor ... Eisa

* If fit

The exact line-up I was about to post. This is the best defence we’ve had in a long time, so I’d like to see Hunt, Kelly and most importantly Kalas and Webo given some proper rest time. 

1 hour ago, TammyAB said:

Maenpaa

Pisano Kalas Wright Dasilva

Pack

Eliasson Brownhill Morrell Adelakun

Taylor

I would only give Pack and Brownhill about an hour each and then replace them with Pato and O’Dowda

Pack and brownhill need to be rested completely . They’ve had to play every minute due to Walsh and smith injuries. It’s mental rest as much as physical imo .  

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pack and brownhill need to be rested completely . They’ve had to play every minute due to Walsh and smith injuries. It’s mental rest as much as physical imo .  

They'll have a full weeks rest before Bolton. I don't think it would be smart to play Morrell as our only central midfielder vs a Prem side.

45 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

They'll have a full weeks rest before Bolton. I don't think it would be smart to play Morrell as our only central midfielder vs a Prem side.

LJ’s hinted at playing da Silva in midfield and COD . Personally I couldn’t care less about the cup , those two need the rest , pack hasn’t been at his best for a while and having the break will do him good. 

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Be interesting to see how many turn up to see 2 reserve teams and SC's not counting towards the attendance this time.

Can't blame either manager for resting players mind but at least the ticket  pricing reflects that.

I think there are currently around 9k tickets available in the Dolman, South Stand, and lower Lansdown.

There's around 850 available in w7, 8, and 9.

My guestimate is an attendance saturday of around 11k - 12k plus away supporters unless there is a big surge for tickets Thursday & Friday.

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think there are currently around 9k tickets available in the Dolman, South Stand, and lower Lansdown.

There's around 850 available in w7, 8, and 9.

My guestimate is an attendance saturday of around 11k - 12k plus away supporters unless there is a big surge for tickets Thursday & Friday.

Reckon thats a good estimate. Cant see Hudds bringing many to be honest.

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Pack and Brownhill can have a half each alongside Morrell.

O' Leary

Pisano Wright Kelly DaSilva

Eliasson Pack/Brownhill Morrell Adelakun

Taylor Eisa

Be nice to see a random youngster on the bench too.

This was exactly the side I was mulling over at work earlier with Weimann in for Eisa if he`s gone out on loan before Saturday.

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

lee said there was nearly a signing for sat game but it has fallen through. i wonder who that was. might have put a few on the gate. 

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

LJ’s hinted at playing da Silva in midfield and COD . Personally I couldn’t care less about the cup , those two need the rest , pack hasn’t been at his best for a while and having the break will do him good. 

Where'd you see this guys?

Archived