IGNORED

Chants For Players

BessexRED

What Johnson said when under pressure about bringing Taylor on was comical the other month but there’s a slight hint of truth in it somewhere. Without wanting to open a can of worms, our chant selections the last few years have been leaning towards the ultra, Crystal Palace type shit with the “ole ole ole ola” stuff rather than decent chants for our players.

The inevitable “try and start some chants yourself” or “you can’t moan about the atmosphere if you don’t contribute” replies will come but I do on both accounts, maybe it’s up to all of us to be a bit more original, perhaps it’s up to the fella with the megaphone in S82 to be fed some better chants rather than the shite we’re going with at the moment.

Pack for example has been here for years and doesn’t have a chant, same for Brownhill, that song that was going the other day for him was piss poor, he deserves better.

Let’s hope we have a few going for the Bolton game which looks like it could be quite a big one with the run we’re on.

21 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Are we really giving him that? It’s honestly horrendous, I’ve heard it “sung” about a handful of times and barely anyone joins in because it’s so cringeworthy.

Have to agree, worst song I've heard at the Gate for years. As for the Josh Brownhill song that was being sang Saturday, really like that but can't help but think it would be better if just "Brownhill" was used as opposed to first name as well, to match the original song? Maybe just me! ? 

Edit - Although I did hear a few others say the same (regarding Brownhill). 

9 hours ago, BessexRED said:

What Johnson said when under pressure about bringing Taylor on was comical the other month but there’s a slight hint of truth in it somewhere. Without wanting to open a can of worms, our chant selections the last few years have been leaning towards the ultra, Crystal Palace type shit with the “ole ole ole ola” stuff rather than decent chants for our players.

The inevitable “try and start some chants yourself” or “you can’t moan about the atmosphere if you don’t contribute” replies will come but I do on both accounts, maybe it’s up to all of us to be a bit more original, perhaps it’s up to the fella with the megaphone in S82 to be fed some better chants rather than the shite we’re going with at the moment.

Pack for example has been here for years and doesn’t have a chant, same for Brownhill, that song that was going the other day for him was piss poor, he deserves better.

Let’s hope we have a few going for the Bolton game which looks like it could be quite a big one with the run we’re on.

Maybe go and speak to the bloke on the megaphone and give him ideas? He’s hardly difficult to find. 

Have you spoken to him before? I imagine he’s quite approachable. 

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Maybe go and speak to the bloke on the megaphone and give him ideas? He’s hardly difficult to find. 

Have you spoken to him before? I imagine he’s quite approachable. 

He’s not apparently, I know someone who’s tried to tell him these chants are dreadful but they still get sung. It’s really as if the people properly involved with S82 are trying to create a Palace ultra feel to it, it’s sad really.

Fair play to anyone singing and creating an atmosphere, I will join in with most songs , it’s always difficult to please everyone’s taste , if you don’t like it don’t sing it , no ones forcing you to sing ! 

Players songs difficult, I like josh brownhill song , reminds me of when I was a kid singing eh,eh, Bristol city ( bananarama ? ) 

hard to label section82 , a group in the singing section , who don’t like being called that , whos activities seem more sporadic than organised , now and again have a display , used to have lots of flags , and twopoles, but these days just a handful of flags up by the drummer. 

Ideally should be trying to create an atmosphere at every game , although difficult with recent home performances! 

I like the idea of section82 and stand in that part of the ground with my boy who loves it , however would be nice and a better visual scene if more flags ? 

Better interactions on socials with fans to talk , fundraise etc   Palace and boro good at this , they have raffles in the pub , with money going to displays, can’t do this in the Spanish bar  ! 

Just my observations , not trying to knock them, I know the club make it awkward , I try and do my bit by buying scarves, t shirts   And stickers etc 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Having heard the other joke version the other day I was thinking

"We built this City, we built this City of Diedhou's goals"

Ive always thought we should use thatchers gold in place of rock n roll. The options are literally endless. 

'we built this city on thatchers gold'

'god gave thatchers gold to you'

'I know it's only thatchers gold but i like it...'

'i love thatchers gold, so put another dime...'

Etc

Frankie Fielding’s in the building

Pisa Pisa Pisano

Lloyd Kelly, one of our own 

We fell in love with Marlon Pack

Na na na hey hey hey Josh Brownhill

Andy Weimann - Starman (Bowie) tune

Na na na na Jeeee-jew (hey Jude tune)

Matty Taylor is a red 

Da da da-da-da-da Jamie Paterson 

Here’s to you Nic Eliasson 

Mo mo Eisa (no limits tune)

Plenty of players have songs. It’s just that not everyone joins in with them.  

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pisa Pisa Pisano

Matty Taylor is a red 

Maenpaa's a tricky one. As is Kalas.

For Maenpaa, best use his first name, and what first comes to mind is Toni Basil's early 80s hit "Oh Mickey." Might be a bit, er, "theatrical," for some in the corner, admittedly.

"Oh Niki, Bristol City, you don't understand,

You take us by the heart when you save us wid yer 'ands,

Oh Niki, you're so City, you don't understand, 

It's guys like you Niki,

Oh what you do Niki, do Niki,

Don't drop the ball Niki......"

Yeah, probably go for "Niki Maenpaa in the building...." thinking about it. ......

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

For Maenpaa, best use his first name, and what first comes to mind is Toni Basil's early 80s hit "Oh Mickey." Might be a bit, er, "theatrical," for some in the corner, admittedly.

It's guys like you Niki,

Yeah, probably go for "Niki Maenpaa in the building...." thinking about it. ......

That’s good.

1 hour ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

We certainly don’t have much variety. There are plenty of great chants that other clubs use that we could bastardise and steal but we always seem to keep recycling the same old stuff and just insert a different players name

As far as I know, the Pisano & Pack chants (and possibly Weimann) are original. We can’t expect uniqueness in all of our songs - anything other than the ‘same old stuff’ and people don’t know it so don’t join in. 

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's guys like you Niki,

Oh Niki you’re so fine! You’re so fine you blow my mind! Hey Niki!

I’ll get my coat

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Pisa Pisa Pisano

Matty Taylor is a red 

There’s Famara woaaah aswell

Surely the song for Josh Brownhill has to be brown girl in the ring by Boney M?

Brownhill in the ring

Tra la la la la

Brownhill in the ring

Traaaa la la la laaa

Brownhill in the ring

Tra la la la la

His ears are wider than the pitch!

PITCH PITCH!

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Pisa Pisa Pisano

Matty Taylor is a red 

Harry please, this is the internet. Don't let evidence get in the way of a good moan against S82. 

If someone did take the time to put together a "hymn book" (please don't actually do it) there would be many, many songs to put in it. Many unique, some not.

Thank God we havnt fallen in to the Allez, Allez ... when the "..." go marching in bollocks you hear all over the country. 

As someone who city wasn't my first footballing love, I absolutely promise you, city fans are some of the most creative fans going. 

I actually think the city fans deserve credit, not criticism. After all we could be Reading.

10 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I proApose Curtis Mayfield's "Move On Up" for Marlon, substituting "Marlon Pack!" for the words "Move on up!"

Whatever one thinks of Marlon,  Mayfield's 'Keep On Keeping On' would be entirely appropriate for him.

Archived