IGNORED

FA cup

bs3

Really looking forward to the FA cup this weekend.

Huddersfield are there for the taking if we put out a strong team.

We’re not going down and not good enough this season to go up so the FA cup represent a bit of glory this season. So we have no need to put out a weaken team. I expect a couple of changes after the Christmas fixtures but we have a real chance of a Premiership scalp and a chance of progression.

A run in the cup will be good for our profile, which we can build on all the good work from last season In upping our image.

There is also some decent money to be made if we go further in terms of prize money and TV money.

So lets get down the Gate and enjoy the day and let’s hope LJ is in it to win it.

When it costs more to park than local top non league football costs .... no!  And when it is a kick off after normal finishing time ... no!  Absolutely no incentive to return to the Gate.  I will be at Marlborough versus Trowbridge with free admission and a pint in my hand and ... it is a no brainer ... 

VENUE PARKING AND PRICES

Wickes - £12
Midas - £12
Avonline - £10

1 hour ago, swampy said:

When it costs more to park than local top non league football costs .... no!  And when it is a kick off after normal finishing time ... no!  Absolutely no incentive to return to the Gate.  I will be at Marlborough versus Trowbridge with free admission and a pint in my hand and ... it is a no brainer ... 

VENUE PARKING AND PRICES

Wickes - £12
Midas - £12
Avonline - £10

I can’t go on Saturday....daughter’s birthday party, but my season parking pass doesn’t include cup games...hasn’t for a few seasons.

2 hours ago, swampy said:

VENUE PARKING AND PRICES

Wickes - £12
Midas - £12
Avonline - £10

RPZ restrictions end at 5pm. So there is the on street option.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

How will the Terriers play this? Rest our best players so we can concentrate on staying in the Prem or, we're going down, so let's get some cup glory? "An away win will do us well".

They will rest almost their entire first 11 especially since they are down to 10 men in the first half tonight.  I expect 8 or 9 changes from their team playing tonight.

I expect we will make 5 or 6 changes also.

14 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We should respect THE CUP (all others are cheap imitations) and go for it. Winning is a good habit to foster. I love the FA Cup and hate how the modern way is to dismiss traditions. 

Spot on - as I said in another thread - the year ends in a ‘9’ so it could be our year in the FA Cup! And as @BobBobSuperBob said, if clubs don’t take it seriously, why should we fork out to watch a reserve match? 

I know those days are gone forever, but a higher divsion team at home in the FA Cup third round was the stuff of dreams back in the day....gurarnteed big crowd and a full strength home team going for it against the big boys....a chance to escape the woes and dreary drudge of the league programme...fantastic....now it seems to be an unwanted distraction with some people on here actually saying we should do all we can to get knocked out...hate that....thought people get upset when some intimate they want City to lose a game? But they overlook their ‘fury’ when it’s ‘just a cup game’....

21 hours ago, swampy said:

VENUE PARKING AND PRICES

Wickes - £12
Midas - £12
Avonline - £10

Blimey!!  It costs as much to park as it is to watch the game!

We aren't going up and we aren't going down this season so a Cup run could be the highlight of the season as last year. On another thread many fans had Cup Ties as their best ever City moments so why not give 100 % to get into the hat for the 4th round draw!

My wish;

Therefore like to see  full strength team picked  and continue the momentum of the unbeaten run against what will certainly be a much changed and weakened Huddersfield side .Our next game is 7 days later v Bolton so plenty of recovery time. Players shouldn't need a rest , more than capable of playing Tuesday / Saturday. By all means bring on the youngsters with 30 minutes to go if we are comfortably ahead. Get Arsenal away in next round.

Probable outcome;

LJ rests 5 / 6 first teamers, gives debuts to 3 or 4 players  and we probably lose the match . Huddersfield draw Spurs at home in next round

23 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We should respect THE CUP (all others are cheap imitations) and go for it. Winning is a good habit to foster. I love the FA Cup and hate how the modern way is to dismiss traditions. 

• Too true. The FA cup still remains the No1 home trophy. Also it's good to raise the teams profile again. 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:06, Frenchay Red said:

RPZ restrictions end at 5pm. So there is the on street option.

Except for the Bower Ashton RPZ which operates 24/7/365.

I say this every time this subject comes up but make no apology for doing so again as I wouldn`t want any fellow fans to get caught out.

43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Except for the Bower Ashton RPZ which operates 24/7/365.

I say this every time this subject comes up but make no apology for doing so again as I wouldn`t want any fellow fans to get caught out.

Not an area I use, but good on you for flagging it up?

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you actually want City to do all they can to lose a game?

No, but if we play the kids we will lose. 

We have no chance of winning the FA Cup and could do without any additional games. Last year was amazing in the Carabao Cup, some of my best memories I have had as a City fan were made on that run, but it helped ruin our season. We didn't have enough squad depth and we still don't. We're in great form in the league and have a chance of pushing the play-offs which has to be our main goal.

The Guardian give us a little mention in their "10 things to look out for at the weekend" piece:

"A trip to Ashton Gate is just about the last thing David Wagner needs right now. With Premier League safety undoubtedly the priority for his flailing team, a duel with a resurgent Bristol City side – unbeaten in eight – that fared so well against top-flight opposition en route to the Carabao Cup semis last season has the hallmarks of an uneasy ride. For the likes of Josh Brownhill and Lloyd Kelly, influential for the Robins this season, it is another chance to shine. City beat Manchester United, Watford and Crystal Palace last year and in Famara Diédhiou, who recently became a father for the second time, they have a striker returning to form. “I sent him a gif of Romario and Bebeto [celebrating] for Brazil and I thought that might just plant that seed in his head to get the goal,” said his manager, Lee Johnson, after the Senegalese opened the scoring in a 2-0 win at Stoke on New Year’s Day."

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

No, but if we play the kids we will lose. 

We have no chance of winning the FA Cup and could do without any additional games. Last year was amazing in the Carabao Cup, some of my best memories I have had as a City fan were made on that run, but it helped ruin our season. We didn't have enough squad depth and we still don't. We're in great form in the league and have a chance of pushing the play-offs which has to be our main goal.

A cup run could make our season, add a bit of sparkle, even put a smile on your face. No game till the following Saturday, so no need to rest players, plus the excitement of a cup draw (Liverpool away anyone?), and maybe a big day (or two) out somewhere..

So , enjoy, football is supposed to be entertainment

Archived