IGNORED

Forest Away - NO POTD (Merged)

Jackos_56

58 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Good positivity boys go for it. 

In the season of our first win there in 50+years I think we took around 500 on an easy Easter day which was the smallest seen at Forest all season. Another year recently we also took the lowest following there out of 23 other teams 

This season will be good, big and noisey

Was this when chris wood scored a penalty ? Again this was after two consecutive terrible seasons fighting relegation and on tv i believe? 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Good positivity boys go for it. 

In the season of our first win there in 50+years I think we took around 500 on an easy Easter day which was the smallest seen at Forest all season. Another year recently we also took the lowest following there out of 23 other teams 

This season will be good, big and noisey

Had 4,600 there 10 years ago or so.

21 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was this when chris wood scored a penalty ? Again this was after two consecutive terrible seasons fighting relegation and on tv i believe? 

Yep. A superb defensive performance with a blood spattered Louis Carey being interviewed pitchside afterwards having put his body on the line on countless occasions.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet @Robbored stated on here that Webster is a better Bristol City player than Louis Carey ever was....

Quite right. 

I saw LC play hundreds of times and Webster around a dozen times in that amount of games he’s shown more skill, positional sense and an acute awareness of danger than Carey ever had.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right. 

I saw LC play hundreds of times and Webster around a dozen times in that amount of games he’s shown more skill, positional sense and an acute awareness of danger than Carey ever had.

Fair enough....totally respect your opinion....but I can’t agree that a guy who has been with us for five minutes deserves to be called a better footballer than another guy who gave his all to his hometown team in over 640 games....Carey moved to right back for a while and was still awesome...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough....totally respect your opinion....but I can’t agree that a guy who has been with us for five minutes deserves to be called a better footballer than another guy who gave us his all to his hometown team in over 640 games....

Carey is a club legend and deservedly so. However Webster has so far shown himself to be an all round better footballer. Time will indeed tell though

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Carey is a club legend and deservedly so. However Webster has so far shown himself to be an all round better footballer. Time will indeed tell though

Good post .... but @Robbored even told me recently on here that ‘legend’ isn’t an appropriate tag for Carey.....so consider yourself schooled by the forum clown who thinks the guy who has made the most appearances ever for Bristol City FC is ‘not’ a legend....

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough....totally respect your opinion....but I can’t agree that a guy who has been with us for five minutes deserves to be called a better footballer than another guy who gave his all to his hometown team in over 640 games....Carey moved to right back for a while and was still awesome...

LC was an average ‘run of mill’ defender. The fact he holds the appearance record doesn’t  make him a legend as some claim.

if over 600 games tells a you that he was loyal or it could tell that perhaps no bigger clubs rated him highly enough to bid for him.

Although Webster has only been at AG for half a season he’s shown his class already. He and Kalas are a better pair defensively than Flint/Baker imv.

Its surpring that Ipswich let him go.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Quite right. 

You’re being a bit harsh on Carey, he deserves a bit more respect than you spouting about how our current centre half is better than him in every aspect

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LC was an average ‘run of mill’ defender. The fact he holds the appearance record doesn’t  make him a legend as some claim.

if over 600 games tells a you that he was loyal or it could tell that perhaps no bigger clubs rated him highly enough to bid for him.

Although Webster has only been at AG for half a season he’s shown his class already. He and Kalas are a better pair defensively than Flint/Baker imv.

Its surpring that Ipswich let him go.

I must admit I agree with you that I too was surprised when Ipswich let him go quite easily....doubt that would have happened if Mick McCarthy had still been there...

Lets be honest, Carey wasnt as loyal as its being made out. Fair play he got his move to the second tier but he wasnt good enough at that time and was back with his tail between his legs pretty sharpish.

I would also say Webster is better than Carey, been a fan favourite at three clubs now and is destined for the Prem imo. 

On 02/01/2019 at 19:17, JBFC II said:

Reckon we'll take around 1000 with around 300 sold so far

Not if my experience of the utterly woeful Bristol Sport website is anything to go by. Where once the football ticketing website worked ok, forcing me onto the Sport platform even though I couldn't give a flying for any of the other **** offerings they have there means for days now I'm unable to purchase tickets. Seems my supporter  ID is already supposedly linked to someone else?

6 hours ago, harrys said:

You’re being a bit harsh on Carey, he deserves a bit more respect than you spouting about how our current centre half is better than him in every aspect

It’s not about respect. It’s about footballing intelligence.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

This’ll be the “club legend” who buggered off to Coventry when we weren’t good enough for him then. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This’ll be the “club legend” who buggered off to Coventry when we weren’t good enough for him then. 

Didn’t we offer him a pittance up to what most others were on at the time? 

If Carey isn’t a club legend, who is? 

I’ll add, Carey and Amougou/Bikey kept us up one season (think 2011/12) . Their partnership was key. 

That forest game away from home, Gerken had probably his best game in a city shirt & Carey was unbelievable. Not sure the 500 odd fans quoted is correct though, it was on TV & we were looking awful at the time, i’d guess 250-300 of us were there. 

I also remember @Never to the dark side Made a few of us hold up these white sheets of paper with something on to take a picture, can’t remember what was actually on it though!

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Well I think we could all agree unanimously that Atyeo certainly fits the bill, don’t you?

Atyeo definitely, but he had his own reasons for staying with us as it suited his lifestyle and fair play to him for that.

Legend is a term too easily bandied about, and whilst I don't blame any of the players who sought higher level, higher paid football after failing again to get promoted, that then disqualifies them from legendary status in my opinion.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Had more than that up there in 1989....

A lot more!

Like many on here, I was there. What a night that was. Paul Mardon goal nearly won it for us. Great atmosphere. Great red light district in Nottingham. Ah ****, I better shut up! 

Archived