Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Forest Away - NO POTD (Merged)


Recommended Posts

Due to a strain of man-flu I’m not gonna be able to go to Forest tomorrow. My mate is going and will arrive in Temple Meads at 09:43 on the 09:10 from WsM. Will be catching 10:00 to Birm.NS.

Two match tickets spare, £10 each & would ask that you donate this to:

www.jessiemay.org.uk

Msg me if your interested.

COYRs

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

Due to a strain of man-flu I’m not gonna be able to go to Forest tomorrow. My mate is going and will arrive in Temple Meads at 09:43 on the 09:10 from WsM. Will be catching 10:00 to Birm.NS.

Two match tickets spare, £10 each & would ask that you donate this to:

www.jessiemay.org.uk

Msg me if your interested.

COYRs

Brilliant Charity, my daughter is a nurse with them.

Hope you feel better real soon, my man flu has now lasted 3 weeks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Tell her Nottingham has the biggest shopping centre in Europe ! .

mind you I say that about every away game I go to :)

 

My mother in law - a non football fan - once got a ticket for a Rovers special train to York so she could see the city and go shopping for a couple of hours. :blink:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My mother in law - a non football fan - once got a ticket for a Rovers special train to York so she could see the city and go shopping for a couple of hours. :blink:

 

 

She probably wasn't alone, there would have been thousands locked out. 🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 04:02, sticks 1969 said:

 

Totally shocking price

forest £25

brum £20 ( admittedly it was before Christmas) 

I think the club really need to look at POTD prices 

Another team and there ticket pricing to add to the list

 Blackburn £24.00

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bristol and the surrounding areas are richer- or seen as richer than these areas though, so this justifies the prices in the clubs mind, rightly or wrongly.

But it is people from those so say poorer areas that we are charging ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bristol and the surrounding areas are richer- or seen as richer than these areas though, so this justifies the prices in the clubs mind, rightly or wrongly.

Tell that to some of the people of Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Southmead, Lawrence Weston etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, phantom said:

But it is people from those so say poorer areas that we are charging ?

Are we talking about purely POTD for away or in general? I think POTD ticket prices are too high across the board personally.

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Tell that to some of the people of Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Southmead, Lawrence Weston etc.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt this but the perception perhaps justifies it in the mind of the club. In layman's terms, as a place Bristol, plus other areas which draw City fans from heartlands (North Somerset, South Gloucs to an extent, NE Somerset) are seen as wealthier, more prosperous than Nottingham and Blackburn- plus quite possibly Birmingham and surrounding areas. Hence the club perhaps feel more comfortable with higher prices for POTD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are we talking about purely POTD for away or in general? I think POTD ticket prices are too high across the board personally.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt this but the perception perhaps justifies it in the mind of the club. In layman's terms, as a place Bristol, plus other areas which draw City fans from heartlands (North Somerset, South Gloucs to an extent, NE Somerset) are seen as wealthier, more prosperous than Nottingham and Blackburn- plus quite possibly Birmingham and surrounding areas. Hence the club perhaps feel more comfortable with higher prices for POTD.

Probably right Mr P but would indicate just how out of touch the people are who determine picket prices.

Perhaps they would like to look at Reading because the Thames Valley is rather wealthier than Bristol I would suggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2019 at 11:52, Loon plage said:

Probably right Mr P but would indicate just how out of touch the people are who determine picket prices.

Perhaps they would like to look at Reading because the Thames Valley is rather wealthier than Bristol I would suggest.

Yeah, good point. 

Maybe I'm wrong on this, just surmising- after all Sheffield Wednesday have pretty exorbitant ticket costs from memory and Sheffield, South Yorkshire isn't exactly flush.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...