IGNORED

Forest Away - NO POTD (Merged)

Jackos_56

Been to Forest plenty of times, but only on one occasion (on Cats) have I not been to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem beforehand.

Outstanding pub.The only problem is dragging yourself out to go to the match.

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/nottinghamshire/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem/

On 13/01/2019 at 09:20, Alex_BCFC said:

1,500 seems likely after beating Bolton and being right by play-offs. Personally I don’t care it’s 15 or 15,000 if we win. 

Whilst the “other lot” would take 15k “if they were in our position” we haven’t quite built up such huge levels of support as yet....

On 13/01/2019 at 09:09, harrys said:

I wouldn’t go all the way to Nottingham to ponce  about eating chicken wings and ogling semi naked women, just out of interest, where is Hooters in Nottingham?

I am led to believe its on the main road coming from Trent Bridge and it’s on the left before the railway bridge and before Jury’s.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Been to Forest plenty of times, but only on one occasion (on Cats) have I not been to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem beforehand.

Outstanding pub.The only problem is dragging yourself out to go to the match.

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/nottinghamshire/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem/

Indeed, but be careful should you wish to have lunch there with your children.

The warm, family welcome becomes decidedly frosty when the pub becomes crowdy, and a previously obscure 'No Children' sign may be produced, waved in your face, asking you to leave immediately, even mid-lunch.  

55 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, but be careful should you wish to have lunch there with your children.

The warm, family welcome becomes decidedly frosty when the pub becomes crowdy, and a previously obscure 'No Children' sign may be produced, waved in your face, asking you to leave immediately, even mid-lunch.  

Yep, sorry to hear that Phil, but i wasn't recommending the pub for taking children to.

I've always found the 2 don't mix, but it's a great venue if you like very old traditional pubs (c.1650) and a few pints of top notch pre match real ale.

3 hours ago, BessexRED said:

the website overstates by circa 200 I’ve found before so expect it’s closer to 1,100. 1,500 up there I expect, perhaps more if there’s POTD. Should be lively.

Not that I’m doubting your comment but why do you think the web site is inaccurate ?

I'm one of those geeks that continually looks at ticket sales so it’s of interest- is this just for away games or home also ? 

On 03/01/2019 at 23:12, Robbored said:

LC was an average ‘run of mill’ defender. The fact he holds the appearance record doesn’t  make him a legend as some claim.

if over 600 games tells a you that he was loyal or it could tell that perhaps no bigger clubs rated him highly enough to bid for him.

Although Webster has only been at AG for half a season he’s shown his class already. He and Kalas are a better pair defensively than Flint/Baker imv.

Its surpring that Ipswich let him go.

I challenge you as being disrespectful in your comment, to a local lad from Headley Park who gave his all for City.  I remind you that Louis suffered 6 broken nose fractures and a fractured skull during his long career at his home town club. 

You are in the same league as our Owner who also shows little respect him, or, for few past players for that matter.

Louis has a lot to give to the club he loved but has been ignored by a disinterested Owner and has had to find his new life at Southampton, and that is a crime. But who gives a stuff - not you, that's clear. I have personal knowledge of Louis as I worked long and hard for his well deserved testimonial events. By the way he gave away the majority of his testimonial money to local charities, I know because I was with him when he passed the cheque's over. 

5 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

I challenge you as being disrespectful in your comment, to a local lad from Headley Park who gave his all for City.  I remind you that Louis suffered 6 broken nose fractures and a fractured skull during his long career at his home town club. 

You are in the same league as our Owner who also shows little respect him, or, for few past players for that matter.

Louis has a lot to give to the club he loved but has been ignored by a disinterested Owner and has had to find his new life at Southampton, and that is a crime. But who gives a stuff - not you, that's clear. I have personal knowledge of Louis as I worked long and hard for his well deserved testimonial events. By the way he gave away the majority of his testimonial money to local charities, I know because I was with him when he passed the cheque's over. 

Lots of well payed footballers give all the revenue from a testimonial to charity so that doesn’t t raise LC above the average footballer.

Lots of defenders get head/face injuries - Kalas fractured his jaw recently 

I met LC several times - decent and likeable guy but the fact that he holds the club appearance record means bugger all to me.

He was simply another City footballer, one of many.

And.......let’s not forget he buggered off to Coventry for a spell. Unhappy  with the wedge City offered him I believe so he moved to another club,

Hardly legend status ffs.....

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

Not that I’m doubting your comment but why do you think the web site is inaccurate ?

I'm one of those geeks that continually looks at ticket sales so it’s of interest- is this just for away games or home also ? 

Just away games. When tickets are put on sale, there’s about 150-200 not available straight away and I’ve no idea why. The website suggests we’ve sold over 1,300 but the article earlier says 1,180.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Just got mine, travelling from London. Meeting half a dozen mates from Bristol. 

Will be a good home atmosphere that we will need to match.

Any idea where you’re drinking yet? There’s a spoons just outside the station apparently, got to be more to Nottingham though. We were in the Notts County bar last year, wasn’t great.

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

I’ve also noticed people posting on here that there are only ‘so many’ tickets left (presumably a figure they’ve got from the website) and then prior to the match the Facebook page will state that “we will be backed by...” followed by a figure from the club that is usually a couple hundred lower.

Ive no idea why?

10 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Just away games. When tickets are put on sale, there’s about 150-200 not available straight away and I’ve no idea why. The website suggests we’ve sold over 1,300 but the article earlier says 1,180.

Any idea where you’re drinking yet? There’s a spoons just outside the station apparently, got to be more to Nottingham though. We were in the Notts County bar last year, wasn’t great.

When the article stating 1180 sold that was correct on the website then a couple more hundred went in the day. I don’t see any point or why they wouldn’t have it correct?

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

If there’s no POTD I’d advise those who haven’t bought tickets to get on with it as there won’t be any available in the home end on the day, complete sell out.

Only 200 home tickets remain for Nottingham Forest's home game against Bristol City on Saturday.

Forest fans have been snapping up tickets to see Martin O'Neill's first game in charge of The Reds and most areas of the stadium have already sold out.

Archived