IGNORED

Is Matt T for sale?

22A

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Everyone is for sale if the price is right.  However, I'm sure Matty Taylor will happily sign another contract at AG.

Sorry to any Sags who expect to cash in on any sell on clauses, there were none written into his 300k release clause ?

Apart from that, MattyTaylor is a red, is a red, is a red, he hates Rovers.

I’m not a singer at AG, but it is one of the songs I always join in with and with a smile on my face.

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Not a championship striker , runs around and trys hard but his positional play for a forward is awful i would get rid as he doesnt score or look like scoring ...

How do you draw that conclusion - he’s hardly had a run of starts because of various injuries.

No sentiment , we are doing we’ll hand out contractsbto everyone ! 

Does put in a shift , makes intelligent runs drawing defenders out of position creating space. 

However he  is always missing due to lots of niggly injuries , and does not score when he does play ! 

We mock the gas for having non scoring nicholls 

I like MT.

But even without that caveat, let’s go rational here.

- If we sell him, it’s unlikely to be to another championship side, and even if it was, he’d be in the same position as here. Not saying he’s not good enough to start, but in the eyes of the market he’s unproven at this level so would be squad at best

- So, we sell him to league one. Price is less for us (hence no real benefit), wages less for him. Seems lose:lose

- LJ clearly likes him. To get someone who the manager trusts off the bench and an occasional starter up front at this level is what - £750k plus? Why “respend” that on a similar player when we have MT here?

Give the man a new contract and be done with it. Cost vs value to squad makes this a no brainer to me

For me, he needs a run of games up front. If he then still struggles at this level, then utilise him elsewhere - he runs and runs, pulls players out of position, and generally causes a nuisance. Use him as an attacking midfielder.

Plus, we have a song for him....

His biggest problem is the fact he isn’t a true attacking midfielder or true striker. He doesn’t have any outstanding football traits. He has an above average football IQ and motor and below par football traits like technique and finishing. 

I wouldn’t give him a new contract. He comes on but I never believe he will score. People will say he makes an impact and he does for sure but often times it is when we need a goal and look to force the issue a bit more anyway. Good pro, good servant and he will be talked about for years because of his move but rather his spot on the bench for Semenyo or Eisa from next season onwards. Half the wages, younger and more potential. 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I like Taylor. I don’t think he has been given a fair chance. I’d be a bit gutted if he was sold considering our problem this season is scoring

Trouble is he’s a striker that doesn’t score goals at this level. In fact, our fullbacks score more than him!

6 minutes ago, swanker said:

Trouble is he’s a striker that doesn’t score goals at this level. In fact, our fullbacks score more than him!

This is undeniably true, but as said he hasn’t had a decent run in the team. I’d give him a few games in the current formation replacing Patto. See how he goes

23 minutes ago, swanker said:

Spot the mistake :facepalm:

Not just yourself but why do people think MT is a striker? He’s not played as a striker for aslong as I can remember.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I like Taylor. I don’t think he has been given a fair chance. I’d be a bit gutted if he was sold considering our problem this season is scoring

Well, we shipped out Djuric and Hegeler without them being given too much of a chance.....so MT could easily be allowed to leave....although he is the subject of a fans’ song - so that may save him from the chop...

I’d start Taylor instead of Weimann every time. Like the wasp that won’t go away or that tune in your head you want rid of, he is an absolute pest for opposition defenders forcing them into mistakes. There was only a cameo performance yesterday but in the short time he was on he never gave the Stoke defence any rest, winning free kicks and showing an accuracy of passing sometimes missing elsewhere. Don’t sell, give him a new contract. 

31 minutes ago, cityal said:

TED, YOU'RE CLUTCHING AT STRAWS.  C'MON LADS.

They have no money so they are resorting to this!

And if we did sell him for a profit and no dosh came their way because there isn`t a sell on we would undoubtedly be accused of some sort of fiddle designed to deprive them of what they would insist they`re owed. The oracle that is Henbury Ass would tell them we`re acting illegally and the rest of the herd would lap it up.

Archived