IGNORED

Is Matt T for sale?

22A

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How many times.......jeez............:facepalm:

When has Taylor had a sustained run of starts fot City?  Someone  posted on here that it’s 4 consecutive games........he’s spent long periods either carrying or out with injury and yet some fans keep saying he’s not a Championship standard striker when he’s hardly played ffs.......

Im not convinced that he’s 100% fit even now.

Not many starts to figure out his opponents tbf but he's been given 800ish minutes this season 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When has Taylor had a sustained run of starts fot City?  Someone  posted on here that it’s 4 consecutive games........he’s spent long periods either carrying or out with injury and yet some fans keep saying he’s not a Championship standard striker when he’s hardly played ffs.......

With the utmost respect, i cant help but feel that this post wholey emphasises the point i was making. 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, we shipped out Djuric and Hegeler without them being given too much of a chance.....so MT could easily be allowed to leave....although he is the subject of a fans’ song - so that may save him from the chop...

Didn't Djuric just want to go back to Italy? 

For me he's not good enough to be a Championship starter, but as an impact sub to come on against tiring defenders I think is a great option because one thing he will do is pull defenders about, leaving room for others.  It's less effective against fresh players, but I think personally he's at an inbetween stage of being too good for league one but not quite good enough for the Championship.

I like him though.  He's a good honest worker who seems to add a bit of bounce around the place.  For the cost, he's worth keeping in my eyes.

3 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Agree, was used when FD was suspended, little chance to impress, LJ no given him enough game time, what could he do in 4 minutes against Brentford, 

In the 4 mins against Brentford, he won the ball, held it up, passed to Fammy who then fired wide. On target, we would have had 3 points instead of 1.

15 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Surely people can’t be serious about offering him a new deal? Apart from the odd decent 15 minute cameo what has he done since signing for us? On the rare occasion he starts he doesn’t make the most of it & is largely ineffective. The blokes 29 in March & has a very poor goal record for us. Clearly never going to be good enough at this level.

He works hard granted but if we want to kick on we need to be looking to improve on old no goals. Risk free at the price we paid but it hasn’t worked out. 

Surely time for a new username? 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why persist then if after 2 & a half seasons he’s STILL not 100% fit? I can’t actuslly recall a game he’s started in & been effective in for 90 minutes. 

8 hours ago, swanker said:

So when he played up front with Weimann he wasn’t a striker? And last season he wasn’t a striker when he kept missing chances when partnering Tammy Abraham?

Thanks for informing me of that, it’s amazing what you can learn on here! 

You’re right, it is amazing what you can learn on here....for example, you informing us that Tammy Abraham played up front for us last season despite also appearing in 35 games for Swansea City last season - talented lad....

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

You basically just listed reasons why he shouldn't be in the squad... 

Hardly played? Correct

100% due to his injuries? Incorrect

No doubt Taylor missed large parts of last and this season through injury.

Any player who has hardly featured isn’t likely to be the first name on the team sheet and that’s been the case with Taylor.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt Taylor missed large parts of last and this season through injury.

Any player who has hardly featured isn’t likely to be the first name on the team sheet and that’s been the case with Taylor.

First 17 games this season he scored only twice. Poor return

Last season is irrelevant 

The thing I like about MT though is he must know he's at the highest point in his career being with us, he's gonna give it his all 

21 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I’d start Taylor instead of Weimann every time. Like the wasp that won’t go away or that tune in your head you want rid of, he is an absolute pest for opposition defenders forcing them into mistakes. There was only a cameo performance yesterday but in the short time he was on he never gave the Stoke defence any rest, winning free kicks and showing an accuracy of passing sometimes missing elsewhere. Don’t sell, give him a new contract. 

Exactly this given a chance he's a pest and a run of games will score goals defenders hate playing against him. 

On 03/01/2019 at 05:41, bengalcub said:

Not a championship striker , runs around and trys hard but his positional play for a forward is awful i would get rid as he doesnt score or look like scoring ...

I think he desrves another contract, he's proved how unsettling he can be to the opposition thus freeing up our other strikers.

Our problem is in most games we don’t create many real chances for our strikers particularly this season. I would try to get Taylor to sign another contract and consider him as a number 10. I think he’d get more goals and assists than Patterson if played there regularly. 

57 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City, in by TAYLOR, it's Smittttttttthhhh.

If the bloke doesn't score another goal in his entire city career I will still buy him a drink until I die. 

Like if you LOVE the snake 

The goals he scored and assisted in that cup run alone repaid his transfer fee something like four times over I should think.

No question hes a pest to play against, and seems popular within the club, but hes either not fully fit, or more importantly cant be relied upon for more than about 3 goals a season.

surely there must be a better investment in wages Available somewhere? Question is though can we trust the club to find a replacement who is anywhere near competent

Archived