Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

22A

Is Matt T for sale?

Everyone is for sale if the price is right.  However, I'm sure Matty Taylor will happily sign another contract at AG.

Sorry to any Sags who expect to cash in on any sell on clauses, there were none written into his 300k release clause 😀

Apart from that, MattyTaylor is a red, is a red, is a red, he hates Rovers.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Everyone is for sale if the price is right.  However, I'm sure Matty Taylor will happily sign another contract at AG.

Sorry to any Sags who expect to cash in on any sell on clauses, there were none written into his 300k release clause 😀

Apart from that, MattyTaylor is a red, is a red, is a red, he hates Rovers.

I’m not a singer at AG, but it is one of the songs I always join in with and with a smile on my face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Has to get a new contract in my eyes

Not a championship striker , runs around and trys hard but his positional play for a forward is awful i would get rid as he doesnt score or look like scoring ...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eggplant 4

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Not a championship striker , runs around and trys hard but his positional play for a forward is awful i would get rid as he doesnt score or look like scoring ...

useful club in the bag though BC.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

How do you draw that conclusion - he’s hardly had a run of starts because of various injuries.

• Like 1

No sentiment , we are doing we’ll hand out contractsbto everyone ! 

Does put in a shift , makes intelligent runs drawing defenders out of position creating space. 

However he  is always missing due to lots of niggly injuries , and does not score when he does play ! 

We mock the gas for having non scoring nicholls 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For me, he needs a run of games up front. If he then still struggles at this level, then utilise him elsewhere - he runs and runs, pulls players out of position, and generally causes a nuisance. Use him as an attacking midfielder.

Plus, we have a song for him....

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, asfred said:

Has to stay. So under used and under rated.

Over used and over rated in my opinion. I still rate it as our best ever signing though. Getting a £10 million player for £300k was good business...

His biggest problem is the fact he isn’t a true attacking midfielder or true striker. He doesn’t have any outstanding football traits. He has an above average football IQ and motor and below par football traits like technique and finishing. 

I wouldn’t give him a new contract. He comes on but I never believe he will score. People will say he makes an impact and he does for sure but often times it is when we need a goal and look to force the issue a bit more anyway. Good pro, good servant and he will be talked about for years because of his move but rather his spot on the bench for Semenyo or Eisa from next season onwards. Half the wages, younger and more potential. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I like Taylor. I don’t think he has been given a fair chance. I’d be a bit gutted if he was sold considering our problem this season is scoring

Trouble is he’s a striker that doesn’t score goals at this level. In fact, our fullbacks score more than him!

• Sad 1

I hope he stays. Works hard for the team and gets the fans going when he is on the pitch. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, swanker said:

Trouble is he’s a striker that doesn’t score goals at this level. In fact, our fullbacks score more than him!

This is undeniably true, but as said he hasn’t had a decent run in the team. I’d give him a few games in the current formation replacing Patto. See how he goes

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, swanker said:

Spot the mistake :facepalm:

Not just yourself but why do people think MT is a striker? He’s not played as a striker for aslong as I can remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I like Taylor. I don’t think he has been given a fair chance. I’d be a bit gutted if he was sold considering our problem this season is scoring

Well, we shipped out Djuric and Hegeler without them being given too much of a chance.....so MT could easily be allowed to leave....although he is the subject of a fans’ song - so that may save him from the chop...

• Haha 1

I’d start Taylor instead of Weimann every time. Like the wasp that won’t go away or that tune in your head you want rid of, he is an absolute pest for opposition defenders forcing them into mistakes. There was only a cameo performance yesterday but in the short time he was on he never gave the Stoke defence any rest, winning free kicks and showing an accuracy of passing sometimes missing elsewhere. Don’t sell, give him a new contract. 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, cityal said:

TED, YOU'RE CLUTCHING AT STRAWS.  C'MON LADS.

They have no money so they are resorting to this!

And if we did sell him for a profit and no dosh came their way because there isn`t a sell on we would undoubtedly be accused of some sort of fiddle designed to deprive them of what they would insist they`re owed. The oracle that is Henbury Ass would tell them we`re acting illegally and the rest of the herd would lap it up.

Edited by Red Right Hand

Matt Taylor is a. Attacking midfielder in this division. However he is what Johnson senior called a luxury player. 

Personally I would almost always find him a spot in the team. But that’s me!

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And if we did sell him for a profit and no dosh came their way because there isn`t a sell on we would undoubtedly be accused of some sort of fiddle designed to deprive them of what they would insist they`re owed. The oracle that is Henbury Ass would tell them we`re acting illegally and the rest of the herd would lap it up.

Who gives a ****!?

• Like 1

Good conversations, I think he is marmite. One or two great and memorable assists but numerous easy chances he put wide AG Derby and Villa last season. 

Keep him but please never ask for both a run of games for MT and players back from loans- AND new players only 10 outfielders permitted! 

Surely people can’t be serious about offering him a new deal? Apart from the odd decent 15 minute cameo what has he done since signing for us? On the rare occasion he starts he doesn’t make the most of it & is largely ineffective. The blokes 29 in March & has a very poor goal record for us. Clearly never going to be good enough at this level.

He works hard granted but if we want to kick on we need to be looking to improve on old no goals. Risk free at the price we paid but it hasn’t worked out. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If we had signed him from anyone else, we wouldn't be saying 'new contract', we would be moving him on.

That said, there is something about his game that if played in the right role in the right side, could see him effective at this level.

Honestly think he would be better off in a side scrapping for survival than one with ambition and a game plan.

Either way, good luck to the fella. He is better off in a 'busy' role than as part of a disciplined game plan, which makes him a 20-minuter.

• Like 1

Not good enough at this level - simples.

If he was he would have started far more games.

Plenty of strikers on the books - sadly many look as though way off automatic first team place.  Eisa, anyone?

We need a proper Championship striker asap

• Like 4

Very neat and clever player. Doesn't do enough in the final third to hurt teams though.

Would rather see Eisa coming off the bench, he may yet prove to be good enough for this level. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you draw that conclusion - he’s hardly had a run of starts because of various injuries.

He started 4 out of 5 consecutive matches between QPR away on 21st August, and West Brom away on 18th September, scoring 1 goal at Loftus Road,  https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62090 .

Edited by Curr Avon

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Very neat and clever player. Doesn't do enough in the final third to hurt teams though.

Would rather see Eisa coming off the bench, he may yet prove to be good enough for this level. 

He seams to be an annoying little bar steward which I think teams need. 

• Like 1

Interesting reading through these comments. Think someone mentioned him turning 29 this year, so offer him a 2 year deal, even if he stays only another season, surely we would still recoup the 10 million lay out?😉 Personally don’t see him as a midfielder, touch isn’t deft enough. Also saw someone mention his movement being poor, personally think it’s one of his biggest strengths, constantly on the move picking up little pockets of space in between the lines. He also makes things happen, either through his movement or his work rate. Personally think he is a better option than Weimann at the minute. COYR 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He started 4 out of 5 consecutive matches between QPR away on 21st August, and West Brom away on 18th September, scoring 1 goal at Loftus Road,  https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62090 .

Hardly a starting run the team CR.

49 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Yes and a good run of form we were on aswell at that time.People just look at his stats and what he does with the ball at his feet and write him off, when the best part of his game is when he doesn’t even have the ball! He creates so much space for others allowing them to do their bit, but all too easy to say he’s not good enough for this level when you can’t even see what he does bring to the team. I’d urge you to just watch him, his movement and link up play is brilliant something that we’ve clearly lacked recently, there’s so much more to football than what someone does with the ball at their feet if you actually watch and take notice.

• Like 6

Seems a nice enough guy but he is only ever going to be squad player. If we can get our money back then its a yes to him leaving from me..

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Spot the mistake :facepalm:

Not just yourself but why do people think MT is a striker? He’s not played as a striker for aslong as I can remember.

So when he played up front with Weimann he wasn’t a striker? And last season he wasn’t a striker when he kept missing chances when partnering Tammy Abraham?

Thanks for informing me of that, it’s amazing what you can learn on here!

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hes been fit before and sat on the bench week after week because lj k ows he doesnt have goals in him , i like him hes a tryer , but hes taking a strikers place in our squad and he doesnt score .....

• Like 1