IGNORED

City 1976-80 Name The Players Quiz

handsofclay

Here are the pictures of 9 players who turned out for City the last time we were in the top flight. They are taken from David Woods New book on that era. So, those that have possession of that book are excluded from this quiz. The thing that makes this a little bit more difficult is that the pictures are of the players NOW and not then. Name the players?

2019-01-03 12.23.26.jpg

2019-01-03 12.21.21.jpg

2019-01-03 12.19.54.jpg

2019-01-03 12.18.07.jpg

2019-01-03 12.17.23.jpg

2019-01-03 12.16.27.jpg

2019-01-03 12.15.34.jpg

2019-01-03 12.14.47.jpg

2019-01-03 12.13.46.jpg

40 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Here are the pictures of 9 players who turned out for City the last time we were in the top flight. They are taken from David Woods New book on that era. So, those that have possession of that book are excluded from this quiz. The thing that makes this a little bit more difficult is that the pictures are of the players NOW and not then. Name the players?

2019-01-03 12.23.26.jpg

Gert Meiyer2019-01-03 12.21.21.jpg

Peter Cormack2019-01-03 12.19.54.jpg

Whoever he says he wants to be. 2019-01-03 12.18.07.jpg

Norman Hunter2019-01-03 12.17.23.jpg

Would like to meet Ukranien women for no strings fun 

2019-01-03 12.15.34.jpg

Gary Collier2019-01-03 12.14.47.jpg

Trevor Tainton

Gary Mabbutt’s Grandad just disappeared.

Not much of a clue , as per usual, I’m afraid.

26 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

Is the last one Kevin Mabbutt? And one of them Geert Meijer?

Also, when you say last time in the top flight, do you mean the whole period, or just the last season?

You have got two. I mean the whole period.

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Top one is Len Bond, I think!

Correct.

Going to take pity on some of you and give a couple of clues. One of the remaining players was sent off on a return to Ashton Gate and another's most memorable moment was hitting the bar at Nottingham Forest...think he is at the AA now!

2 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

5 could be John Bain.

You're too good at this Robin Ashton!

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Going to take pity on some of you and give a couple of clues. One of the remaining players was sent off on a return to Ashton Gate and another's most memorable moment was hitting the bar at Nottingham Forest...think he is at the AA now!

You're too good at this Robin Ashton!

Bain's smile gave it away and the fact he was stood next to someone wearing what could be a Portland Timbers shirt. I should stop and let someone else have a go. Anyway, it's helped take my mind of the pain I've been in, so thanks for that!

6 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Is no. 8 Tony Fitzpatrick?

Correct, sir. 

14 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

Bain's smile gave it away and the fact he was stood next to someone wearing what could be a Portland Timbers shirt. I should stop and let someone else have a go. Anyway, it's helped take my mind of the pain I've been in, so thanks for that!

I cropped the picture because he had a Portland Timbers badge on his shirt. Well done, Robin. Glad the quiz has provided you with some relief.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2. Ian Doyle

4. Alan Hay

Well Done Davefevs. All done now. That's it until we get promoted again and 40 plus years later someone comes on with up to date pics of some of the players who represented us in the Prem. I would imagine by then, with advancements in plastic surgery and anti-ageing creams available at Boots, that the players would look no different 4 decades on!

Didn't get any of them, mind you I was only 9.  I would have got Dave Rodgers had he been there, he was groundsman up at Golden Hill while I was at BGS.  I was too scared to go and talk to him...daft, really (but he was quite an intimidating looking guy)

I must have completely blanked Roger Kenyon from my mind, can't remember him Turning out for us at all. Used to really like Everton so makes it even worse.

So stunned I had to check in my books. Played 4 times 79/80

10th Nov ...... Derby home lost  0-2 looks like he played LB

21st Dec .......Southampton  home lost 0-1 Centre half

26th Dec .......WBA.    Away  lost 0-3 centre half

League cup

14th Nov ......Forest  away lost.  0-3 LB

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I must have completely blanked Roger Kenyon from my mind, can't remember him Turning out for us at all. Used to really like Everton so makes it even worse.

So stunned I had to check in my books. Played 4 times 79/80

10th Nov ...... Derby home lost  0-2 looks like he played LB

21st Dec .......Southampton  home lost 0-1 Centre half

26th Dec .......WBA.    Away  lost 0-3 centre half

League cup

14th Nov ......Forest  away lost.  0-3 LB

Judging from those results I would wager that Roger Kenyon has completely blanked that he ever played for Bristol City from his mind, too!

Archived