IGNORED

Man C v Liverpool

22A

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Probably a fair result - very hard to call who will win title but Liverpool certainly got a lot more about them than any other past challenge (Prem). 

Think this result will have a massive effect on the title race and the scousers will bottle it again eventually. Either way that result tonight makes the rest of the Prem season very interesting indeed. Should be a brilliant run in from here. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Probably a fair result - very hard to call who will win title but Liverpool certainly got a lot more about them than any other past challenge (Prem). 

Liverpool are still worthy favs because of the points difference and they have got their goals right up as well. I do think Man Citys overall squad is better and they can rotate more players at once and will not miss them as much as Liverpool will. They could also have a bit of burnout as well as will have the Champs league & League games all coming thick and fast. Will be very interesting to see how it pans out from here.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Martin Tyler (Spookily the commentator tonight) was on radio over Christmas and said research showed it so 

Not so sure I believe that stat tbh. Your average mega fan would not be able to fund a season ticket plus sky. Maybe Martin had been on the port

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not so sure I believe that stat tbh. Your average mega fan would not be able to fund a season ticket plus sky. Maybe Martin had been on the port

To be fair most people with season tickets are general football fans as well, so I would say the majority who are ticket holders will pay for Sky Sports as well. I honestly don't know any ST holders who don't have Sky Sports - it is certainly a lot cheaper than going to the pub for games.

All game I was thinking  the two sides on show weekly payroll (combined)is around 6-8 million pound .north Bristol nhs trust could not afford enough locums to cover the Bristol area over christmas(told to me by a chemist on Christmas Day).its only the 3rd of jan but I think by getting sky sports out of my house and watching it in the pub will be one of the best choices I’ve made this year

8 minutes ago, wood_red said:

To be fair most people with season tickets are general football fans as well, so I would say the majority who are ticket holders will pay for Sky Sports as well. I honestly don't know any ST holders who don't have Sky Sports - it is certainly a lot cheaper than going to the pub for games.

I'm one. 

I can watch the football for free at the pub instead of spending hundreds of pounds a year to watch it at home

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

but it is undeniably more fun watching the games down the pub with your mates and not feeling guilty that your Mrs is missing her favourite reality show, and you don't have to spend a lot down the pub, personally see a lot of people nurse a pint through an entire game whilst hogging the best spot in the pub, yes you know who you are ha! ha!

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Don't know about your pub but mines free entry... 

If you have the cheek to go in your local and sit there for 2 hours and spend f, all, then you must have a thicker skin than me, personally think that people that do that and all pubs have them, are the reason so many are closing down.

9 hours ago, Olé said:

Graeme Souness right on message there for Sky Sports, telling viewers that watching this game at home is pointless as they can't possibly experience a match of this intensity. After about 36 hours of build up I bet Sky loved that.

I found myself disagreeing with him. Whilst you won't ever get the same feelings as being in a real stadium watching a live game it wasn't that difficult to see the intensity of the game on the TV.

8 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

All game I was thinking  the two sides on show weekly payroll (combined)is around 6-8 million pound .north Bristol nhs trust could not afford enough locums to cover the Bristol area over christmas(told to me by a chemist on Christmas Day).its only the 3rd of jan but I think by getting sky sports out of my house and watching it in the pub will be one of the best choices I’ve made this year

What a great gesture from you to give up Sky TV and donate that money to the NHS. Fair play.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I found myself disagreeing with him. Whilst you won't ever get the same feelings as being in a real stadium watching a live game it wasn't that difficult to see the intensity of the game on the TV.

What a great gesture from you to give up Sky TV and donate that money to the NHS. Fair play.

If giving up my free time to work for the st John's ambulance or borrowing 80,000pound to try and get my daughter though medical school,well yes I think I am doing my bit

Archived