IGNORED

Man C v Liverpool

22A

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I found myself disagreeing with him. Whilst you won't ever get the same feelings as being in a real stadium watching a live game it wasn't that difficult to see the intensity of the game on the TV.

What a great gesture from you to give up Sky TV and donate that money to the NHS. Fair play.

20 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

If giving up my free time to work for the st John's ambulance or borrowing 80,000pound to try and get my daughter though medical school,well yes I think I am doing my bit

Touché!

14 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

You have got to flog a lot of beer and food to make that pay...

My local club did have Sky Sports but it was discontinued as the previous steward said it didnt generate enough custom to make it worth while.  Still has BT sport tho. I might pop down later for a pint and ask how much BT sport costs them.

Having both Sky and BT sport at home I rarely watch live TV football anywhere else.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My local club did have Sky Sports but it was discontinued as the previous steward said it didnt generate enough custom to make it worth while.  Still has BT sport tho. I might pop down later for a pint and ask how much BT sport costs them.

Having both Sky and BT sport at home I rarely watch live TV football anywhere else.

18 months old, but I don't imagine things have changed that much.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwixv6ju39PfAhUxzoUKHTQNDmYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2Fthe-set-pieces-blog%2F2017%2Fjul%2F13%2Ffootball-watch-pub-sky-bt-cost-rise-tv-premier-league&psig=AOvVaw2lfO14Sc3nyOBfv1UDLCJw&ust=1546678316408976

Probably should have made that link a bit shorter 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure the Landlord of my local pays getting on for £1600 per month for Sky and BT.

I guess it's nothing for a place like Walkabout etc but a local pub that is a huge amount.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The numbers stack up for him because 9 times out of 10 the pub is rammed.

Understand that the price Sky come up with is largely based on capacity, bigger the boozer, the more they charge.

Always used to be, the local I used to use many moons ago it was calculated on the whole capacity of the building - even though 2/3rds of it would never have been in use for the football (2 function rooms) and they only wanted it in the main bar. They never had it put in due to this. Maybe if Sky charged less they would actually earn a bit more, as more pubs may pay less for it? In turn more people would watch it, and in turn maybe more people would then get it at home as well?

4 hours ago, wood_red said:

Always used to be, the local I used to use many moons ago it was calculated on the whole capacity of the building - even though 2/3rds of it would never have been in use for the football (2 function rooms) and they only wanted it in the main bar. They never had it put in due to this. Maybe if Sky charged less they would actually earn a bit more, as more pubs may pay less for it? In turn more people would watch it, and in turn maybe more people would then get it at home as well?

simple isn't it, just think they should try it, better to have a million people paying £20 quid a month than 500,000 paying £35.

12 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

First you have to have a leader aspiring to want to. High performance culture comes from its Leadership. 

Chicken or egg Cowshed...

It could be that LJ would love to play a high tempo fashion but very few, if any Championship clubs have the players with the necessary ability to carry it out.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It could be that LJ would love to play a high tempo fashion but very few, if any Championship clubs have the players with the necessary ability to carry it out.

Early  last year Michael McIndoe posted on here after the wheels came off. 

He commented about the difference between Man City and us, saying that while we both ( at the time) played a high temp pressing game, Man City could not only afford to buy players with the best technical ability they could also afford  the players with the best physical fitness and stamina. They also have a squad with players of that degree of ability, fitness and stamina.

On that basis it's not just us not perhaps having players with the technical ability to carry it off, but not enough might have the physical fitness and stamina to do so. 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Early  last year Michael McIndoe posted on here after the wheels came off. 

He commented about the difference between Man City and us, saying that while we both ( at the time) played a high temp pressing game, Man City could not only afford to buy players with the best technical ability they could also afford  the players with the best physical fitness and stamina. They also have a squad with players of that degree of ability, fitness and stamina.

On that basis it's not just us not perhaps having players with the technical ability to carry it off, but not enough might have the physical fitness and stamina to do so. 

MM wasn’t saying anything that most of us didn’t already appreciate.

To play like Man City or Liverpool the crucial elements are players with the technical ability and the fitness/stamina  to implement it and of course a Head Coach dictating that style.

Im sure that all of Citys first team squad are pretty damn fit already but lack the technical abilities of the top PL players.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MM wasn’t saying anything that most of us didn’t already appreciate.

To play like Man City or Liverpool the crucial elements are players with the technical ability and the fitness/stamina  to implement it and of course a Head Coach dictating that style.

Im sure that all of Citys first team squad are pretty damn fit already but lack the technical abilities of the top PL players.

I don't think pressing is that much of a technical ability. Of course the better players will be better at it but I also think any players can be taught to do it. 

The difference is fitness and Stamina. A championship player is just not able to play a pressing game 46+ times a season. 

I think Liverpool's pressing system will be their downfall come the later stages of the season. I think they will burn out.

Liverpool hunt in packs, they hound and harass you, once they retrieve the ball they then hit you on the counter with their electric pace. 

Man City however play a slower tempo, they press the space, not the player, they retain possession. 

Liverpool will burn out before Man City imo as Man City players haven't spent the whole season hunting players down.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Virtually any team can play at a high tempo.

How starts with its Leadership who define the teams behaviour and its principles via their positive influence - Their coaching. Unless you believe its accidental. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Says who ? 

Says Pep Guardiola for instance - Its in the book Pep Gaurdiola the evolution. 

Without definition its a pretty vague terminology. Kids football teams can play back to front with high tempo or Bournemouth or Cardiff or anybody. High tempo can be short passing, long, direct, vertical its simply quicker. Any team using intense integrated training will be able to adapt to play quicker.

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I don't think pressing is that much of a technical ability. Of course the better players will be better at it but I also think any players can be taught to do it. 

The difference is fitness and Stamina. A championship player is just not able to play a pressing game 46+ times a season. 

I think Liverpool's pressing system will be their downfall come the later stages of the season. I think they will burn out.

Liverpool hunt in packs, they hound and harass you, once they retrieve the ball they then hit you on the counter with their electric pace. 

Man City however play a slower tempo, they press the space, not the player, they retain possession. 

Liverpool will burn out before Man City imo as Man City players haven't spent the whole season hunting players down.

So did Liverpool burn out last season??

Archived