IGNORED

Madness - Solanke

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

£19m! For a play who has played 21 games and scored one goal for Liverpool since the start of the 17/18 season!

Its been said time and time again but this is another example of how mad the game has gone when a very average player at best is costing £19m!!!

Bournemouth taking huge gambles here.

They are a Portsmouth in the making imho.  Might unwind in 5/6 years, but we’ll see.

Liverpool offloaded Ibe for £12m to then start of last season too.

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

£19m! For a play who has played 21 games and scored one goal for Liverpool since the start of the 17/18 season!

Its been said time and time again but this is another example of how mad the game has gone when a very average player at best is costing £19m!!!

He’s way too tall to play football..he’s Solanke 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They are a Portsmouth in the making imho.  Might unwind in 5/6 years, but we’ll see.

The sooner Bournemouth find there level the better league 1 team in waiting 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It says in the BBC report that they didn't sign him on loan because of doubts about his fitness, but they are prepared to spend £19m to buy him, how strange...

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It says in the BBC report that they didn't sign him on loan because of doubts about his fitness, but they are prepared to spend £19m to buy him, how strange...

It was Palace who were looking to loan him.

Seems about the going rate for a player of his ilk.

Agree that £19m doe Solanke is madness - especially when you look at how much Shaqiri cost Liverpool!

However, it might just be that Bournemouth had to shell out big money to get a replacement for Callum Wilson, who is rumoured to be off to Chelsea. If they waited until Wilson's sale firms up then any selling club will up the price knowing they have money in hand and need to buy.

I get what you are saying but I think it us good business on Bournemouth’s part. Talk about them gambling is off. The premier league money is so vast that a couple larger fees and wages won’t kill them. They have generally bought well too. Ake they will double their money on. Lerma will probably net them a profit one day. Solanke is a good player, young and athletic in a side that creates chances. Look at Wilson a good half a season(he has had flashes here and there before) and now linked with clubs like Chelsea. That will get them 30-40m. So Solanke at 19m is low risk and high rewards for a side like Bournemouth

Don't let anyone say we should emulate Bournemouth in our quest for the Premier League.

If they can gamble £19M on an unproven striker, they're a million miles from our spending ability. Appreciate that it's Premier League money and Russian owner backing but think about the salary commitments that they have.

When it unravels (as it will, sooner or later) they'd better hope their Russian sticks around.

I'm very impressed with Eddie Howe but this isn't sustainable.

35 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Don't let anyone say we should emulate Bournemouth in our quest for the Premier League.

If they can gamble £19M on an unproven striker, they're a million miles from our spending ability. Appreciate that it's Premier League money and Russian owner backing but think about the salary commitments that they have.

When it unravels (as it will, sooner or later) they'd better hope their Russian sticks around.

Thats how much money the premier league teams have. Bournemouth are now an established Premier League team. 

44 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I am afraid you would only be correct IF they get relegated and then don’t get back to the PL before the parachute payments run out - otherwise they will fine - it’s not going to unravel anytime soon.

Also, bear in mind they are likely to get double the Solanke fee for Callum Wilson.

You think the Solanke deal is madness, look at Calum Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea, has only ever played 3 games for them and doesn’t seem to be anywhere near being a regular for them anytime soon, and they are turning down bids of £30m+ from Bayern Munich as they value him closer to £40m :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Madness - Prince Buster song, covered by many acts including Madness, The Dualers and local band Moonshot.

Where as I've got most of the Madness albums and can't place the track  "Solanke " at all :read:

Much as I would like to see Bournemouth succeed, we have seen this scenario many times before.  They will at some point be relegated and sink down to their historical level.  If someone snaps up Eddie Howe, then this will happen even quicker.

But what are they supposed to do? give in without a fight?  It's a bit of a heads you win tails I lose situation really.

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

You think the Solanke deal is madness, look at Calum Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea, has only ever played 3 games for them and doesn’t seem to be anywhere near being a regular for them anytime soon, and they are turning down bids of £30m+ from Bayern Munich as they value him closer to £40m :facepalm: 

Tbf, Zola recently pointed out that as Willian and Pedro are in their 30's it won't be long until he's a regular in the Chelsea side.

It will probably cost Chelsea a lot more than what Bayern are offering to replace either of those two, especially considering he's English with huge potential. 

As long as Eddie Howe stays they will probably be ok. Generally they have recruited well in terms of younger players either at big clubs that are looking to offload such as Ake, or even better getting players from lower divisions such as Callum Wilson or most recently Brooks.

On another level, it does pee me off that a "no history" club like Bournemouth can openly flout FFP to get into the Premier League on the back of Russian money, and there will probably be minimal consequences, and none at all until they get relegated.

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

Tbf, Zola recently pointed out that as Willian and Pedro are in their 30's it won't be long until he's a regular in the Chelsea side.

It will probably cost Chelsea a lot more than what Bayern are offering to replace either of those two, especially considering he's English with huge potential. 

I agree, but if he's as good as Chelsea think he is then surely he should be playing? No wonder more and more of our top young prospects are heading overseas, and good on them.

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Much as I would like to see Bournemouth succeed, we have seen this scenario many times before.  They will at some point be relegated and sink down to their historical level.  If someone snaps up Eddie Howe, then this will happen even quicker.

But what are they supposed to do? give in without a fight?  It's a bit of a heads you win tails I lose situation really.

I don't follow their situation so I don't know whether the investment is sustainable. Is there any suggestion of a new ground or development?

Archived