IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

This is nothing new, we did this a few years back. Surprised to hear it actually stopped.

I don't agree that people can stitch people up, the reason that they are asking for Seat and Row numbers are so they can monitor those on the CCTV and see for themselves if the behaviour is happening.

You would be surprised at the level of CCTV Ashton Gate has and the ability to zoom in to a specific seat.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO 

(I) Would you be kind enough to share the clubs (written) policy regarding procedure to be followed on receipt of such reports

I am sure the Club will have have ensured that have one before launching into such a scheme ,.... haven’t they 

:whistle:

(II) could you also clarify the Clubs definition of ‘anti social behaviour’

Many thanks 

Brilliant that BBSB.........I bet they have just started to cobble one together after your request. Knowing Bristol Sport they'll want to charge you for a copy..?

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This is displayed around Wembley so this is how Tottingham/England obviously define anti-social behaviour with the following categories. Any we should add!?

F825AD80-0AFC-48DF-8ED4-3020F45155A2.jpeg

I agree with 2 and 3, the rest just feels like trying to get fans to enforce club/FA/legal stuff that no one actually gives a shit about.

The problem is it's so personal - I don't smoke so I kind of like that one but my leaning is to allow freedom so although it bothers me it's not enough that I would want to confront someone about it - so let them smoke, other people may feel a bit stronger about it. When is it enough people to create a rule? If its 1 person then that's tyrannical if its the majority then I would say that's somewhat democratic but I don't believe that the majority would go for any of those apart from 2 and 3, maybe 7 (although I like it) and 1 depending on what it includes (probably needs dividing up into sub categories). 

48 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This is displayed around Wembley so this is how Tottingham/England obviously define anti-social behaviour with the following categories. Any we should add!?

Wearing a loud shirt in a built up area?

being in possession of an offensive wife?

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Has there been a recent surge in this kind of ‘behaviour’ (swearing at football - who knew?!) then for this to have to be introduced @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO ? Racism and homophobia quite rightly should be dealt with (although I fail to see how it can be acted upon 100% clearly via a text message) but swearing - really? I’m going to be chucked out every game it seems and a large percentage of those around me as well.  

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

but swearing - really?

Presumably if swearing by someone in the crowd can be classed as anti-social then this same expectation can be applied to the players and staff who we pay to go and see perform their duties? I go to watch them play football, not behave in an intimidating or aggressive manor, after all ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Somewhat surprising that our SLO didn’t choose to post anything about this on this Forum

It’s probably even more surprising that there’s been no official press release by Bristol Sport seeing as this is surely a public order issue and therefore applies equally to Bristol City and Bristol Bears games?

39 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I agree with 2 and 3, the rest just feels like trying to get fans to enforce club/FA/legal stuff that no one actually gives a shit about.

The problem is it's so personal - I don't smoke so I kind of like that one but my leaning is to allow freedom so although it bothers me it's not enough that I would want to confront someone about it - so let them smoke, other people may feel a bit stronger about it. When is it enough people to create a rule? If its 1 person then that's tyrannical if its the majority then I would say that's somewhat democratic but I don't believe that the majority would go for any of those apart from 2 and 3, maybe 7 (although I like it) and 1 depending on what it includes (probably needs dividing up into sub categories). 

I don't like being burned, or having breathing difficulties so I kinda like number 7.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't like being burned, or having breathing difficulties so I kinda like number 7.

Have you genuinely seen people smoking regularly in the ground during the match? Is the point on the poster necessary? Since the smoking ban came in I think I’ve seen / smelt it once right at the end of a game. No big deal - up to the person doing it if they can’t wait for 5 mins until they’re outside. Doesn’t need a bloody great poster and a ‘snitch line’ made out of it. All imho of course. 

Yet another consequence of crappy all seater stadiums 

For generations groups used to gather in different areas depending on your wishes or dislikes 

Now , turn up , if you can get here and park , prepared to be searched at any age , buy lots of expensive food and drink , sit down , shut up , and watch the ever entertaining fare sat on your hands .........

Not sure if this is much more for me - may as well go to the Hippodrome

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yet another consequence of crappy all seater stadiums 

For generations groups used to gather in different areas depending on your wishes or dislikes 

Now , turn up , if you can get here and park , prepared to be searched at any age , buy lots of expensive food and drink , sit down , shut up , and watch the ever entertaining fare sat on your hands .........

Not sure if this is much more for me - may as well go to the Hippodrome

Sat football died when the EE got chopped.......now carpet slippers and soft seats ?

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If you’re having problems remembering exactly what is or isn’t anti-social behaviour you can remind yourself by singing the following helpful song on your head...

”Foouul, racism h.p.h

Drink

Smoke, stand

Pyros

To the tune of ‘He Who Would Valiant Be’

I’ve stepped back from posting on the forum but I’m going to briefly break my silence the defend the club here.

Anti-social behaviour is not just swearing. I recently witnessed a very depressing and serious incident in the family area. I reported it to a steward and also contacted the club directly myself. The club were exceptionally professional in how they dealt with the incident, which was given the serious and urgent attention it deserved.

Had I been aware of this number at the time I would have used it. It would have enabled me to take more immediate and discreet action which would have been beneficial in this instance.

One thing I would add is that swearing is reasonably to be expected at a football match, but not in the family area. It’s one of the reasons the area exists and one of the reasons those of us with children would choose to sit there. Repeated swearing in that area is a reasonable complaint. However my complaint was something more serious.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ve stepped back from posting on the forum but I’m going to briefly break my silence the defend the club here.

Anti-social behaviour is not just swearing. I recently witnessed a very depressing and serious incident in the family area. I reported it to a steward and also contacted the club directly myself. The club were exceptionally professional in how they dealt with the incident, which was given the serious and urgent attention it deserved.

Had I been aware of this number at the time I would have used it. It would have enabled me to take more immediate and discreet action which would have been beneficial in this instance.

One thing I would add is that swearing is reasonably to be expected at a football match, but not in the family area. It’s one of the reasons the area exists and one of the reasons those of us with children would choose to sit there. Repeated swearing in that area is a reasonable complaint. However my complaint was something more serious.

Nice to see you back posting CR

As for swearing in the family area I don’t disagree , certainly anything more than a slip

I don’t know what behaviour you reported and you indicate it was something much more serious

I don’t think anyone would have a problem if it (The text option) was for violence , racist or homophobic chanting / shouting , or significant behaviour of another kind 

‘ Anti Social behaviour’ undefined  opens a door to bedlam 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Spot on Chippenham and welcome back.

Most likely this happening because they are getting complaints, like yours, and this gives them an opportunity to act quickly if someone is doing something that the club should deal with on the spot. 

To me it’s a simple extension of the CCTV and stewarding already in place. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice to see you back posting CR

As for swearing in the family area I don’t disagree , certainly anything more than a slip

I don’t know what behaviour you reported and you indicate it was something much more serious

I don’t think anyone would have a problem if it was for violence , racist or homophobic chanting / shouting or significant behaviour of another kind 

‘ Anti Social behaviour’ undefined  opens a door to bedlam 

Yep it’s a family area for a reason and you would expect different behaviour there than elsewhere in the ground and quite rightly so. It’s good it exists as it gives parents a choice and lets them have some control over what their kids hear.  Although I don’t/wouldn’t use it due to its location. But that’s for another discussion! 

Archived