IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

22 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I said about all seater stadiums - Dads (Or Mums) knew the areas to take their kids to keep the experience somewhat milder and the family area should be a sanitised area for sure 

I’m sure we’ve all moved around the ground in  days distant past , dependent on whether we wanted to be on the balcony , in the stalks , or.........in the pit !

All joking aside - at least twice in the Rotherham game I momentarily stood up and let rip - once at the challenge in JB and secondly when we had five spare at the back against 9 men 

I may well have used a swear word on one or both occasions I also stood up to join in a couple of songs .....and when we scored

Multiple anti social offences there .....

In danger of a text , eviction and ban ? 

I've been in the stalks at Springfield Park's away end.

No one really wants a society that is so spotless so boring...but no doubt that Football Grounds attract some odd fellows with some odd traits, witnessed so many punch up's (own fans fighting) racist and homophobic chants that is just unacceptable, especially in 2019.  Why so many are offended by any such reactions to clamping down on this is odd. Ashton Gate had had it's share of such, need to sort it. 

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

I was on duty yesterday and popped into the control room to speak to safety team and safety officer.

i understand from him posters are in the process of being printed defining the anti social behaviour that may be wished to be reported, hopefully should be up ASAP.

having travelled to many away games I can add this is a system that many clubs use, if you don’t agree with it then don’t use it, but some fans will, as previously stated if they don’t feel comfortable challenging behaviour they don’t feel is acceptable. 

Myself and the safety officer regularly get e mails from fans on a Monday morning reporting poor behaviour that goes above what is acceptable at a football match. This number is another way to report that behaviour.

Also on a humourous note some of the texts were very funny ? 

Thanks

You should be the fans liaison officer - at least you offer a reply and try to advise the forum

I see the club are now doing their best to spoil the match atmosphere by introducing a hotline number where people can report each other for either swearing or shouting too loud my how the great game is changing from a working mans game to a library type of arena where only jehovah witnesses are allowed to attend .The game needs fans and atmosphere and the club need to help create this atmosphere and not employ stewards who constantly stare at the crowd in a intimidating manor . Let’s hear the old Ashton roar and sorry if your easily affected by the odd expletive then I say take up a different sport that doesn’t command PASSION 

19 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I see the club are now doing their best to spoil the match atmosphere by introducing a hotline number where people can report each other for either swearing or shouting too loud my how the great game is changing from a working mans game to a library type of arena where only jehovah witnesses are allowed to attend .The game needs fans and atmosphere and the club need to help create this atmosphere and not employ stewards who constantly stare at the crowd in a intimidating manor . Let’s hear the old Ashton roar and sorry if your easily affected by the odd expletive then I say take up a different sport that doesn’t command PASSION 

I think it’s more for those who take things too far. Eg, racism etc or swearing at the top of their voice repeatedly outside of the crowd dynamic so everyone hears it. 

I don’t mind swearing in moderation, I challenge anybody not to swear when you watch city. I find it amusing in some of the chants, and the odd bit of humour that gets shouted out from the crowd. Eg. I remember one bloke trying to start a chant years ago when Steve Torpey scored twice against Swindon. “There’s only one Steve Torpey” followed by another voice “thank Duck there ain’t two of them” - funny.

What I do object to are people like the bloke who was in front of me and my kids the other week who felt like he needed to call all our players useless C’s for everyone to hear everytime they lost the ball. He was drunk, and spitting over everyone in front of him. It was unnecessary and it doesn’t have a place in public. Once I told him I’d had enough he stopped. 

Hooefully the club will make their own observations and act appropriately, if they do I don’t see the problem 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

What does seem odd that at present it has only been raised on here and via Matt Parsons on Twitter, I would have expected the club to have released something on the official site by now

He’s been on here over weekend , but ,  it appears unable to provide a response to the queries raised

Shouldn't this be merged into the main thread about the hotline?

FWIW, what SHOULD happen with this scenario is text, control room receive it and stewards in conjunction with control monitor the situation, or the area of the ground texted to. Unless there's a smoking gun of evidence then no rapid ejections or any of that.

Should be handled proportionately and sensibly however, or it will cause more problems than it solves.

Stupid idea and what are they going to do anyway? In the Dolman are they really going to disrupt punters mid game by having everyone stand up as they edge past, or will I text in that stewards anti-social behaviour is ruining my view? If it's retrospective action it'll invariably end up a case of 'he said, she said'.

That said, next time WeeLee starts the Pearson play-a-like what if we all start texting 5 minutes in to report  the manager's anti-social selection?  Could be fun ....

Brilliant idea and should be expanded to messages to be broadcast on the big screen apologising for apparent anti-social behaviour that is nothing of the sort - like the bloke who got caught short in the Dolman concourse the other year.

"Sorry for the stench B Block but I think that Butcome I quaffed pre-match hadn't had time to settle."

What worries me is what is 'anti-social behaviour'? What is classed as such?

This is so open-ended, such scope- people can and will take the piss with this. Report all sorts, grass up someone because of something petty, such a thin end of the wedge if the club are not very specific.

As I said the other day, Pandora's Box.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Brilliant idea and should be expanded to messages to be broadcast on the big screen apologising for apparent anti-social behaviour that is nothing of the sort - like the bloke who got caught short in the Dolman concourse the other year.

"Sorry for the stench B Block but I think that Butcome I quaffed pre-match hadn't had time to settle."

Seems fair

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Shouldn't this be merged into the main thread about the hotline?

FWIW, what SHOULD happen with this scenario is text, control room receive it and stewards in conjunction with control monitor the situation, or the area of the ground texted to. Unless there's a smoking gun of evidence then no rapid ejections or any of that.

Should be handled proportionately and sensibly however, or it will cause more problems than it solves.

Basically what I was trying to say but I went the long way around!

So, last week vs Rotherham, I’m standing at the front of the SS/Dolman corner. There is a steward, who I’ve not seen before, staring very forcefully (hard to imagine a forceful stare, I know, but believe me, it was) at us. 

We found it quite amusing in our group as he certainly seemed to be taking his staring very seriously indeed. 

Anyway, 2nd half, and Hunt has a chance to put a ball down the line to put one of ours clear on the attack. Hunt uselessly hits is straight at their player and it goes out for a throw. I scream “oh for **** sake you useless piece of crap, that’s an easy ball, you’re supposed to be a bloody professional”

It was an outburst that would not usually come from my mouth, but it just hit me, and I screamed it. 

Anyway, no one in the area seemed to care. But, our old friend Mr Starey Steward looked up at me and said “I’m watching you”. 

Is this something I could have been ejected for? If someone in the vicinity had sent a text saying they’d heard foul language from me, could I have been ejected and banned? 

I’d certainly hope not. But if I have to ‘watch what I say’ at football, it’ll be a death knell for me. I don’t want to watch my team play with the constant worry that the next thing I might say could see me end up with a criminal record. 

Anyway, back to our friend Starey Steward. When he said “I’m watching you” I took it lightly and humorously replied “I know mate, I’ve been watching you too. You’re bloody gorgeous”. At the end of the game he called me over and wanted to shake my hand. 

So old Starer was able to relax and understand the situation, but had a text gone in, I’d have been out. 

Its madness I’ll tell ya. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

So, last week vs Rotherham, I’m standing at the front of the SS/Dolman corner. There is a steward, who I’ve not seen before, staring very forcefully (hard to imagine a forceful stare, I know, but believe me, it was) at us. 

We found it quite amusing in our group as he certainly seemed to be taking his staring very seriously indeed. 

Anyway, 2nd half, and Hunt has a chance to put a ball down the line to put one of ours clear on the attack. Hunt uselessly hits is straight at their player and it goes out for a throw. I scream “oh for **** sake you useless piece of crap, that’s an easy ball, you’re supposed to be a bloody professional”

It was an outburst that would not usually come from my mouth, but it just hit me, and I screamed it. 

Anyway, no one in the area seemed to care. But, our old friend Mr Starey Steward looked up at me and said “I’m watching you”. 

Is this something I could have been ejected for? If someone in the vicinity had sent a text saying they’d heard foul language from me, could I have been ejected and banned? 

I’d certainly hope not. But if I have to ‘watch what I say’ at football, it’ll be a death knell for me. I don’t want to watch my team play with the constant worry that the next thing I might say could see me end up with a criminal record. 

Anyway, back to our friend Starey Steward. When he said “I’m watching you” I took it lightly and humorously replied “I know mate, I’ve been watching you too. You’re bloody gorgeous”. At the end of the game he called me over and wanted to shake my hand. 

So old Starer was able to relax and understand the situation, but had a text gone in, I’d have been out. 

no good can come from this - there's enough problems with stewards interpreting rules and regulations. what hope 20,000 supporters, each with their own view on what constitutes 'anti-social' behaviour. 

Bloody hell, miss the old days. First trip of the season to AG coming up this weekend, and I'm far from having the usual buzz. 

2 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

no good can come from this - there's enough problems with stewards interpreting rules and regulations. what hope 20,000 supporters, each with their own view on what constitutes 'anti-social' behaviour. 

Bloody hell, miss the old days. First trip of the season to AG coming up this weekend, and I'm far from having the usual buzz. 

Enjoy it exile

It might be your last !!!

?  ??‍✈️

:yes:

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

There's no way the steward should even have reacted to that. Some can be light touch and understand football crowds, fans.

Some...just don't. Or are SIA/Security types with little knowledge of or interest in football. Was he an actual steward or one of these SIA types? I remember reading on here problems with KB in the singing section earlier this season. Mind you, some stewards can be awfully pedantic and strict too- bit of a lottery in all honesty.

Btw I'd be amazed if you risk ejection, let alone banning for that sort of thing- for the example highlighted in your post.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve got myself down as

2/5 against successfully seeing out this seasons SC 

:yes:

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

This steward....

Was he eating a marmalade sandwich and from darkest Peru by any chance?

When it comes to 'the stare' few did it better.

Archived