IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

I think a lot of people are making mountains out of molehills and are deliberately scare mongering to suit their own agendas. There has been a medium for reporting anti social behaviour for seasons now nothing has really changed 

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think a lot of people are making mountains out of molehills and are deliberately scare mongering to suit their own agendas. There has been a medium for reporting anti social behaviour for seasons now nothing has really changed 

Do remember something similar a while ago, assumed that one was still in action but clearly not.

They seem to have it at Arsenal, Crystal Palace and West Ham also.

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

In my opinion, snitching is anti-social. Particularly in this case.

Soon they'll be offering (paltry) rewards to incentivise the snitchers.

What next? Public floggings, stonings and castration of those unwilling to comply?

Get a life!

You may have latched into something there BJ

:whistle:

Reward points on your SC for texting in a bad un , maybeva bonus if it leads to an eviction , bonus points for a stadium ban .. 

A Bristol Sport initiative.....

Downsy announcing ‘Grass of the month with a picture on the big screen ‘

It’s doable..... 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You may have latched into something there BJ

:whistle:

Reward points on your SC for texting in a bad un , maybeva bonus if it leads to an eviction , bonus points for a stadium ban .. 

A Bristol Sport initiative.....

Downsy announcing ‘Grass of the month with a picture on the big screen ‘

It’s doable..... 

Almost sure it will happen one day.

Guilty until proved innocent.

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yes exactly this. 

No one has said as soon as a text is received  that accused person will then get ejected.

It then remains with the stadium safety team to make enqs with nearby stewards  to establish what has or has not been said or heard, or if the complaint is consistent use of abusive language etc then this area can be monitored further and only if appropriate will further action be taken .

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes exactly this. 

No one has said as soon as a text is received  that accused person will then get ejected.

It then remains with the stadium safety team to make enqs with nearby stewards  to establish what has or has not been said or heard, or if the complaint is consistent use of abusive language etc then this area can be monitored further and only if appropriate will further action be taken .

I'd rather get chucked out than being 'monitored' and awaiting the 'appropriate action'... ffs, welcome to modern football :(

Hello, 

This text line has been introduced to help fans report situations they may not feel comfortable reporting to a steward. This then enables the stadium security team to monitor the situation before making a decision whether to intervene. This is common place at most clubs across the country. 

Anti Social behavior can include, but is not exclusive to racism, homophobia, anti semitism, drug abuse, threatening behaviour.

The club receive a number of emails after each home game, that are sometimes difficult to investigate, so this mechanic can be used in real time to deal with some of the above issues to ensure every fan can enjoy coming to Ashton Gate. 

This has previously been discussed at a Supporters Club & Trust meeting and signage will be going up around the stadium too. 

Matt 

27 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

In my opinion, snitching is anti-social. Particularly in this case.

Soon they'll be offering (paltry) rewards to incentivise the snitchers.

What next? Public floggings, stonings and castration of those unwilling to comply?

Get a life!

Absolute garbage. 

11 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello, 

This text line has been introduced to help fans report situations they may not feel comfortable reporting to a steward. This then enables the stadium security team to monitor the situation before making a decision whether to intervene. This is common place at most clubs across the country. 

Anti Social behavior can include, but is not exclusive to racism, homophobia, anti semitism, drug abuse, threatening behaviour.

The club receive a number of emails after each home game, that are sometimes difficult to investigate, so this mechanic can be used in real time to deal with some of the above issues to ensure every fan can enjoy coming to Ashton Gate. 

This has previously been discussed at a Supporters Club & Trust meeting and signage will be going up around the stadium too. 

Matt 

Thanks Matt. 

On 06/01/2019 at 12:00, 1bristolcity said:

No one really wants a society that is so spotless so boring...but no doubt that Football Grounds attract some odd fellows with some odd traits, witnessed so many punch up's (own fans fighting) racist and homophobic chants that is just unacceptable, especially in 2019.  Why so many are offended by any such reactions to clamping down on this is odd. Ashton Gate had had it's share of such, need to sort it. 

This is fair enough.

Question therefore is :

Is making a homophobic or racist remark as bad or worse than calling the referee or player in an opposing side a ******* *** ?

I would suggest so, and I only ask because it seems ok for players and people on the touchline to do the latter. Are we to get texts from fans who are upset about such instances, and will we have stewards and police then getting involved to remove the offender from the immediate vicinity ?.

Rooney would have played about 60 minutes football throughout his career.

Selective control, literally lip service.

I don't know who these people are who are turning up at football matches and don't expect to hear colourful language, but clearly they are the club's target audience now.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

So, last week vs Rotherham, I’m standing at the front of the SS/Dolman corner. There is a steward, who I’ve not seen before, staring very forcefully (hard to imagine a forceful stare, I know, but believe me, it was) at us. 

We found it quite amusing in our group as he certainly seemed to be taking his staring very seriously indeed. 

Anyway, 2nd half, and Hunt has a chance to put a ball down the line to put one of ours clear on the attack. Hunt uselessly hits is straight at their player and it goes out for a throw. I scream “oh for **** sake you useless piece of crap, that’s an easy ball, you’re supposed to be a bloody professional”

It was an outburst that would not usually come from my mouth, but it just hit me, and I screamed it. 

Anyway, no one in the area seemed to care. But, our old friend Mr Starey Steward looked up at me and said “I’m watching you”. 

Is this something I could have been ejected for? If someone in the vicinity had sent a text saying they’d heard foul language from me, could I have been ejected and banned? 

I’d certainly hope not. But if I have to ‘watch what I say’ at football, it’ll be a death knell for me. I don’t want to watch my team play with the constant worry that the next thing I might say could see me end up with a criminal record. 

Anyway, back to our friend Starey Steward. When he said “I’m watching you” I took it lightly and humorously replied “I know mate, I’ve been watching you too. You’re bloody gorgeous”. At the end of the game he called me over and wanted to shake my hand. 

So old Starer was able to relax and understand the situation, but had a text gone in, I’d have been out. 

Its madness I’ll tell ya. 

lucky he did not have a phone or he would have text and reported you

2 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello, 

Matt 

Translation:

Alright lads!

So we got this new iPhone X for Christmas but the contract for the old iPhone 6S don't run out til June so we thought we'd open an asbo line for all the people that can't tell a steward. We forgot to mention that when you report Dave and Steve in S27 row 5 seats 3 and 4 for calling LJ a See U Next Tuesday, they can see everything you type just by looking over your shoulder. So you might wanna slope off to the bogs and message us. Or tell a steward.

We get loads of messages after the game from Tracey who left her kids behind in W2 or Keith that dropped his wallet, keys, phone, wedding ring etc in the Dolman concourse so by texting us on the day, we can laugh about your stupidity much sooner.

This was discussed at a SCAT meeting but no one from the club bothers going anymore. We just send our notes in and tough shit, it's being implemented anyway.

We also have some nice signs going up in the bogs to remind you to drop Dave and Steve in the doo doo, whilst you do your doo doo.

Matty xxxmwahxxx

50 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Exactly, there must be a process in place rather than jumping the gun. Nobody wants to be accused of Premature Adjudication !!

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

My mate keeps farting. That’s pretty anti social

Odd that you say that. I actually moved from my seat at half time on Saturday for exactly that reason - the bloke next to me just wouldn't put up with it anymore.

38 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I look forward to your definitions as to what these terms mean. With racism, for example, normally an offence may only be occasioned where a person of one race or ethnic group makes evaluative comparison with another of a different race or ethnicity, usually proposing a position of superiority. However the PC illiterate these days often cry foul at the first adjectival utterance. It's why few bat an eyelid where members of the same race make derogatory and differential comments to each other or why they falsely cry foul when the adjective deployed is exactly that, a descriptor. Describing somebody as Welsh, Black or Latin isn't of itself racist so will you be training your stewards what it is they need to look out for, as strikes me few of them would be up for any level of meaningful,  intellectual debate? 

If I state, for example, that Jews are not God's chosen race (hint, he doesn't exist,) or that Zionist posture in the Middle East is the cause of eons of strife, would that make me anti-Semitic or rather somebody with an opinion? 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What worries me is what is 'anti-social behaviour'? What is classed as such?

Your starter for ten:

People nearby who drop their guts;

Supporters who wear novelty hats at Xmas;

Selfish barstewards who when it's their time to pass round the sweets do so with cough drops not Everton Mints;

Anybody watching TV on their mobile;

Fans who shout ludicrous comments a la the much missed Tony Harling: "Come on City, you can still win it" - yelled 4 nil down during the 3rd minute of injury time....

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks Matt

Good to hear that the odd 

‘ FFS Marlon , what in God’s name was that ‘

is still very much acceptable 

It’s very much acceptable until you try and convince a steward you were calling Marlon by his nickname . . . 

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If I state, for example, that Jews are not God's chosen race (hint, he doesn't exist,) or that Zionist posture in the Middle East is the cause of eons of strife, would that make me anti-Semitic or rather somebody with an opinion? 

It would be a very odd thing to bring up at a football match...

Archived