IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I genuinely don't know the answer to these questions but:

Are disabled toilets only meant for disabled people? 

Are disabled toilets only meant for physically disabled people?

I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions to using a disable toilet. Its just down each persons individual conscience whether they do or not

1 hour ago, Big C said:

I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions to using a disable toilet. Its just down each persons individual conscience whether they do or not

In the "you can't be prosecuted for it" sense? 

Not sure how that helps the situation. 

Its because some people have no conscience that I'm asking for some help here.

The toilets are privately owned and the owners can impose rules and or help the intended users with keys etc.

Most establishments manage quite well with a similar approach and certainly wouldn't make do without radar locks where drinking men are present.

BCFCs approach is nothing short of ignorant  idiotic. If they asked any disability charity about having disabled toilets where beer is present I imagine most would say "you what? No locks? Are you mad? ". 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In the "you can't be prosecuted for it" sense? 

Not sure how that helps the situation. 

Its because some people have no conscience that I'm asking for some help here.

The toilets are privately owned and the owners can impose rules and or help the intended users with keys etc.

Most establishments manage quite well with a similar approach and certainly wouldn't make do without radar locks where drinking men are present.

BCFCs approach is nothing short of ignorant  idiotic. If they asked any disability charity about having disabled toilets where beer is present I imagine most would say "you what? No locks? Are you mad? ". 

That was why I was asking the questions above @CotswoldRed

There seems to be this belief that these toilets are only for physically disable people (I include myself in this by the way)

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

That was why I was asking the questions above @CotswoldRed

There seems to be this belief that these toilets are only for physically disable people (I include myself in this by the way)

They are intended for use by disabled only. In the same way a disabled parking bay at an office or supermarket is.

The problem is exacerbated significantly where alcohol is included making the restriction all the more necessary. 

I use the toilet with bags and blankets in tow and have to get a large chair and my son all sorted. A dropped blanket goes straight in the bin for obvious reasons. His wheels are covered in urine. Not nice when he has to drive the same wheel in the house whe he gets home - he can't take them off. 

Is there anything else marked disabled that non-disabled people are unsure about?

My advice would be if it's marked disabled and you're either not sure if you are disabled or whether you can use it, don't use it, or check first. 

I have no idea if this is the case at Ashton Gate (my son is still too young to go!), but a lot of places put the baby changing facilities inside the disabled toilets.

When changing stinky nappies, I always feel terrible that I am inside the disabled toilets potentially making a disabled person wait.  I blame my son though, a well behaved child wouldn't poo in public. ?

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I have no idea if this is the case at Ashton Gate (my son is still too young to go!), but a lot of places put the baby changing facilities inside the disabled toilets.

When changing stinky nappies, I always feel terrible that I am inside the disabled toilets potentially making a disabled person wait.  I blame my son though, a well behaved child wouldn't poo in public. ?

Don't get me started on that. 

In short, however, the law states establishments can lump disabled facilities in this way. So they will. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I genuinely don't know the answer to these questions but:

Are disabled toilets only meant for disabled people? 

Are disabled toilets only meant for physically disabled people?

I guess if someone needs assistance they should be allowed to use the toilet. My brother has Down syndrome and needs to be accompanied but he isn’t in a wheelchair. I would feel more comfortable taking him in a disabled toilet than the ladies and I couldn’t leave him to go in the men’s on his own

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Hi Dolls. I offered to pay for radar locks for the entire stadium years back, including a key for every disabled supporter. 

They weren't interested. 

Thanks Matt. 

@CotswoldRed @Dollymarie

I have heard back from the Ashton Gate stadium team who have said that they are going to look at installing radar locks to the disabled concourse toilets. They will keep me posted when this will happen. 

Matt 

5 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

When I looked after the disabled child I used to look after (he’s 22 now) we used to have to go and use the “disabled loo” that they had put in the stationery cupboard at school. . . 

41 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@CotswoldRed @Dollymarie

I have heard back from the Ashton Gate stadium team who have said that they are going to look at installing radar locks to the disabled concourse toilets. They will keep me posted when this will happen. 

Matt 

Thanks for this Matt, will wait to hear that this has finally happened. Not before time :) 

13 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@CotswoldRed @Dollymarie

Matt 

Thanks for your efforts Matt. That's great. 

I will temper my enthusiasm. They've "looked" at this before. 

Maybe a personal and peaceful protest on a match day will make sense if nothing happens. 

One thing that I hadn’t thought about until it was explained to me was that disabled people sometimes need to be able to access the toilet immediately, it’s not just a case of needing easy access facilities/more space etc.  Wouldn’t nip in now where there is a long queue for the other toilets thinking that it wouldnt cause anyone a problem.

3 hours ago, YorksRed said:

One thing that I hadn’t thought about until it was explained to me was that disabled people sometimes need to be able to access the toilet immediately, it’s not just a case of needing easy access facilities/more space etc.  Wouldn’t nip in now where there is a long queue for the other toilets thinking that it wouldnt cause anyone a problem.

Even before I had a disabled child I'd never in a million years use a disabled toilet. In the same way I would borrow someone's wheelchair. 

Strange how different people can be.. 

20 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Even before I had a disabled child I'd never in a million years use a disabled toilet. In the same way I would borrow someone's wheelchair. 

Well I was just trying to make what I hoped was a helpful observation that might not have occurred to others either rather than set myself up to be shot at.   That will learn me.   

27 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good point.

And why on earth do people piss on the floor? Would they do that in their own home?

9 hours ago, YorksRed said:

Well I was just trying to make what I hoped was a helpful observation that might not have occurred to others either rather than set myself up to be shot at.   That will learn me.   

Fair enough. 

I don't make any apology for being peed off with the way disabled people are treated. It's a ****fest on all too regular a basis. 

This month alone a teacher at my sons school suggested he might fancy a girl he'd seen on TV - the implication entirely because she was also in a wheelchair. 

My son went bowling yesterday. Other people from another group arrived in wheelchairs. "oh, your friends are here". 

Fortunately he's stronger than most able bodied wilting flowers. 

Its relentless at times so you have to fight your corner. That includes disabled toilets.

On 19/02/2019 at 08:26, CotswoldRed said:

Hi Dave. 

Some would certainly buy a key but, fortunately, it would be a very small number. 

Those using the toilets at present (who shouldn't be) will always justify their actions and see it as a quick bit of opportunism and "oh I was just going to be quick".

Buying a key to use it, however, is anything but. 

Because BCFC staff would have to carry a key when they were busting, evidently. 

That stance is arguably fair enough when out and about on a day to day basis but it doesn’t take a genius to realise that practically the whole stadium goes for a wee at half time including the disabled supporters in the ground.

”I was just going to be quick and didn’t think anyone would need to use it,” is illogical in a football stadium.

Completely agree with everybody stating that disabled toilets should be for disabled only...…….however stewards need to know this also.

Twice recently I have been forcefully ushered from the back of queue for the ladies, along with the person queuing next to me, and shown to the disabled ones in corner of south and lansdown stand because 'it will be quicker'. On one occasion whilst waiting for one to become available I allowed 2 disable people to go ahead of me because I felt guilty about being there.

On 22/02/2019 at 17:57, JulieH said:

Quick update, Male who was arrested has been charged  with racially aggravated offence link below (hopefully)

http://socsi.in/NgHDJ

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fan-avoids-ban-2701586.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true fined but avoided a football league banning order... 

Since the court decision the club have now banned him, see tweets from local journalist. 

4 hours ago, !james said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-city-fan-avoids-ban-2701586.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true fined but avoided a football league banning order... 

Since the court decision the club have now banned him, see tweets from local journalist. 

I am aware of this result and we are seeking advice with regards to an appeal regarding the banning order not being given by the court . 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I am aware of this result and we are seeking advice with regards to an appeal regarding the banning order not being given by the court . 

Not defending the guy, he's clearly an ignorant plonker at best but once again where is this action in town centres on a Saturday night?

I would say it's not worth an appeal and the waist of precious police and court resources. As stated he has no history, it would be unlikely for him to re-offend now he understands that it isn't the same as calling someone Welsh, he now knows the implications of his actions and the club has banned him anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Not defending the guy, he's clearly an ignorant plonker at best but once again where is this action in town centres on a Saturday night?

I would say it's not worth an appeal and the waist of precious police and court resources. As stated he has no history, it would be unlikely for him to re-offend now he understands that it isn't the same as calling someone Welsh, he now knows the implications of his actions and the club has banned him anyway. 

Respectfully disagree. Find it hard that anybody fails to understand what using that word means. In recent times there have been numerous incidents where race has been involved. It's no good the UK authorities criticising Montenegran behaviour this week if this is the pitiful response at home

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Respectfully disagree. Find it hard that anybody fails to understand what using that word means. In recent times there have been numerous incidents where race has been involved. It's no good the UK authorities criticising Montenegran behaviour this week if this is the pitiful response at home

Like I said ignorant plonker at best, at least the line is now clear to him and he has been shown that the behaviour isn't acceptable and its not the same as what he thought. 

10 hours ago, JulieH said:

Wow - he's been to court, not got a ban, and with all that's going on in the UK you want to waste time having a 2nd pop?

He's banned by the club and been shamed by the press.It will cost him future employment advancement, and his family have also undoubtedly suffered for his ridiculous and offensive attitude and comments.

He admits he is ashamed and is deeply regretful. He has apologised.

Point made, move on.

I'm sure someone got stabbed/glassed/knocked out in Bristol City Centre last night - why not go chase their assailant rather than block up a court for a 2nd time on the same bloke and same charge.

If it makes you feel better,find a BAME/gay/disabled victim to tick your quota boxes......

Outstanding use of Police time and resources.Not.

Oh, and to be clear - my son is gay, and he is in complete agreement that the attitude of the Police to chase down each and every alleged homophobic/Islamophobic etc offence is completely ignoring the huge bulk of crime which is NOT of that nature.

IE - have 2 goes at this guy for shouting racist abuse (of which he has been to court, banned by club and shamed) and devoting massively lesser resources to finding the assailants of the multiple violent offences on WWC people. 

PC gone mad - and people wonder why we have Trump,Le Pen and Brexit.......

28 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Wow - he's been to court, not got a ban, and with all that's going on in the UK you want to waste time having a 2nd pop?

He's banned by the club and been shamed by the press.It will cost him future employment advancement, and his family have also undoubtedly suffered for his ridiculous and offensive attitude and comments.

He admits he is ashamed and is deeply regretful. He has apologised.

Point made, move on.

I'm sure someone got stabbed/glassed/knocked out in Bristol City Centre last night - why not go chase their assailant rather than block up a court for a 2nd time on the same bloke and same charge.

If it makes you feel better,find a BAME/gay/disabled victim to tick your quota boxes......

Outstanding use of Police time and resources.Not.

Oh, and to be clear - my son is gay, and he is in complete agreement that the attitude of the Police to chase down each and every alleged homophobic/Islamophobic etc offence is completely ignoring the huge bulk of crime which is NOT of that nature.

IE - have 2 goes at this guy for shouting racist abuse (of which he has been to court, banned by club and shamed) and devoting massively lesser resources to finding the assailants of the multiple violent offences on WWC people. 

PC gone mad - and people wonder why we have Trump,Le Pen and Brexit.......

Agree with most of this tbf, when you read that after having their homes ransacked by  low lives breaking in and stealing whatever they can find, Police don’t even come out and investigate in most cases these days, just get given a poxy crime reference number.

Archived