IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Hi @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO.  Thanks for offering to escalate on my behalf.

To be completely honest, I don't wish to waste any more of my time flagging the issue.  It's now around 3 years since I first raised this to Mark Kelly.  Anything else just invites further procrastination from those at the top. They really aren't interested.  Believe me - this isn't just me asking.

At the Reading game (unsurprisingly) I had to confront 2 more fans who'd made my son wait.  On the second occasion that individual (I believe) had left the toilet and floor covered in urine.  As I'm sure you can imagine, we no longer use the toilet facilities once we've closed the door.  My son has to urinate in a plastic bottle as the toilet is unclean and unsafe for use.  It's certainly unsafe for me to lift him.

What is infuriating is the club and it's fans are more interested in the price of eggs that they have the option not to buy.  It's rather pathetic.  You know and I know the club will have spent more time in the last 3 years talking about chocolate eggs than disabled fans.

I will be approaching the Bristol Post this week with my story.  I am only interested in the truth - I do not wish to sensationalise our case or anything of the sort.  However, the truth of the matter is the club don't wish to listen (as demonstrated by their inaction so far).  A headline such as "Club provides unclean and unsafe toilet facilities to disabled children" might get the ball rolling.  We'll see.

I'm giving up trying with BCFC for now - nobody listens.  We've also decided not to attend against Derby County - my son doesn't want to go.  We'll do something else.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO why should one of our long standing season ticket holders, who goes to far greater lengths than most (I’d imagine) to support our club alongside his child, have to resort to writing to the Bristol Post to even try to get anyone at the Club to listen and act on something so very basic, and decent, as looking after our disabled fans and providing decent facilities - especially in our new stadium that the club are so proud of? It’s pathetic and embarrassing tbh that our fans who are affected have to go to such lengths to sort something that seems so easily fixable.  Hope it gets sorted @CotswoldRed and you and your boy have a change of heart about Saturday. 

8 hours ago, lenred said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO why should one of our long standing season ticket holders, who goes to far greater lengths than most (I’d imagine) to support our club alongside his child, have to resort to writing to the Bristol Post to even try to get anyone at the Club to listen and act on something so very basic, and decent, as looking after our disabled fans and providing decent facilities - especially in our new stadium that the club are so proud of? It’s pathetic and embarrassing tbh that our fans who are affected have to go to such lengths to sort something that seems so easily fixable.  Hope it gets sorted @CotswoldRed and you and your boy have a change of heart about Saturday. 

Thanks for everyone's kind words. Just want to get it sorted for everyone who needs it. In my son's circle of sport (now in the FA England feeder system for Powerchair football) I meet a lot of people with really challenging issues. Simple things often help the most. 

I won't be changing my mind about Saturday. He's had enough of being scared watching me get angry with people. It's the right thing to do.

Maybe this thread was created because the club wanted to know about things that were antisocial BUT were cheaper and simpler to fix. I'd rather be verbally abused than put up with the toilets. And the club would rather sort that too. 

Mate of mine who died a couple of months back had a stoma bag, and needed to use the disabled facilities to make himself more comfortable, so whilst outwardly there was no obvious disability, he did have a need to use them.

That said, we got him a radar key - serving two purposes, one, it gave him access to more facilities and two, given he was largely mobile, no one is likely to question someone who has gone to the effort of getting a key.

There is zero reason why the club have been slow to adopt this.

We mock the PA system, and they apparently spent a fortune making it no better, so why the limited number of disabled toilets aren't managed properly is a mystery.

It's nonsense like this why I won't step foot in Ashton Gate for football or rugby anymore. We are happy to spend tens of millions on transfer fees, wages and agents, but cant sort proper facilities so everyone can go to the toilet in a comfortable and respectable way. The club sadly view us all as numbers, not people. No sense of loyalty or empathy from anyone running the show. Sorry you feel like you do @CotswoldRed, and I hope you and your son find something you can do together that is more enjoyable. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

I know you are only passing on messages and concerns etc but surely this has got beyond any point of being deemed acceptable by the club?

The club are happy to keep getting family awards, such as the family excellence award but I imagine that is slightly easier by cheap season tickets in a few blocks, some free fruit and get the players to pop up to the upper lansdown now and then. None of what I have just stated is actually needed to make a kids matchday, it just helps.

A young lad is unable to use the toilet facilities at Ashton Gate all because Bristol Sport seem unable to spend a few pound to get Radar Keys fitted? The same Bristol Sport who are happy to say how many pints of beer they have sold, how many pasties, how many people have come through the gate but simply unwilling to help people who genuinely need more assistance.

For the record, after 3 years of the club dragging their feet over this I’d be glad if it does get to the paper, and even more if it hits national press all for the sake of a few grand?

Sort it out Bristol Sport.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Can I clarify one thing, and I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way.

But is a disabled toilet actually just for disabled people, or are they just toilets that have been adapted accordingly?

I know morally what I would say, just wondering?

I'd hope the disabled badge on the door was a give away. 

Those leaving the toilet who arent disabled either a) apologise for being caught or b) shuffle away, deliberately avoiding eye contact.

Pretty clear they know they shouldn't be using it so that probably answers your question. 

Those who aren't sure... would you borrow a wheelchair without asking/checking? 

15 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Just a holding note to let you know I have seen this and trying to see what Ashton Gate can do to improve this ahead of the weekend. As soon as I get any updates I will revert back.

Matt 

Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves and quickly, otherwise the club deserves all it gets tbf.  The current position is not acceptable by any stretch at all.  

31 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@Dollymarie Is this something the Supporters Trust could put some weight on the club about?

Hi AP.

The club have known about this for some time. Quite why it would need anyone else to explain it to them I'm not sure, unless their currency is "we don't do anything until enough people are upset and there is enough noise". 

The club need to be asking the questions on how they can improve. At one point Mark Kelly was, on here, but I believe everything went into the ether. 

Cold hand dryers and cold water - not sure where that issue went. I wouldn't mind betting the Heineken lounge toilets have warm water and warm dryers. Anyone know?

We stopped using both some time ago and just use our own alcohol gel. The cold water in winter is a particular problem for some disabled people.

So we don't use the toilet or the sink, or the dryers! 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Hi AP.

The club have known about this for some time. Quite why it would need anyone else to explain it to them I'm not sure, unless their currency is "we don't do anything until enough people are upset and there is enough noise". 

The club need to be asking the questions on how they can improve. At one point Mark Kelly was, on here, but I believe everything went into the ether. 

Cold hand dryers and cold water - not sure where that issue went. I wouldn't mind betting the Heineken lounge toilets have warm water and warm dryers. Anyone know?

We stopped using both some time ago and just use our own alcohol gel. The cold water in winter is a particular problem for some disabled people.

So we don't use the toilet or the sink, or the dryers! 

Don't forget the thousands they spent not fixing the PA system.

You do wonder how they prioritise works and budgets. I can't imagine there are a huge number of toilets that would need to have an appropriate lock fitted to it, so I doubt it would cost a huge amount.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't forget the thousands they spent not fixing the PA system.

You do wonder how they prioritise works and budgets. I can't imagine there are a huge number of toilets that would need to have an appropriate lock fitted to it, so I doubt it would cost a huge amount.

Whatever the cost there should be a bit of honesty.

"It's not a priority and we will not be fitting locks" 

"These will be installed by [insert date]" 

"the expense is prohibitive for our owner". 

Just say which....!

I have offered to pay towards the locks and provide a key for every disabled fan (if they need one) in the past.  Didn't get a response. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Whatever the cost there should be a bit of honesty.

"It's not a priority and we will not be fitting locks" 

"These will be installed by [insert date]" 

"the expense is prohibitive for our owner". 

Just say which....!

I have offered to pay towards the locks and provide a key for every disabled fan (if they need one) in the past.  Didn't get a response. 

@CotswoldRed to me it sounds like OTIB isn't the right place for you to take this forward

It sounds like you need to be meeting someone face to face to iron these problems out

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

@CotswoldRed to me it sounds like OTIB isn't the right place for you to take this forward

It sounds like you need to be meeting someone face to face to iron these problems out

Doesn’t the club employ a disability liaison office or something like that. Why isn’t he taking this up, surely that’s just the thing he is employed to look at?

On 01/04/2019 at 18:26, Redinthehead said:

It’s down to using a clearly racist word. Stop tying yourself in knots.

Hi mate, I don't think @AshtonPark is trying to tie himself in knots. As a Bristolian who's recently moved to Wales, I sympathise with a lot of what he's saying and think I might be able to explain it a tad clearer.

If a Welsh person approaches me and calls me a 'wurzel', 'another bl00dy Bristolian stealing our houses' or quite simply an 'English c***' this would be viewed upon as simply part and parcel of inter-UK rivalry, tribalist 'banter' of which the Police, more than likely, have little interest in following up on such grounds.

Now, take the above insults, which I have received since moving across the bridge, and change the words Bristolian/English, to 'Black', 'Pakistani' etc. You'd have 3 squad cars and a helicopter overhead within seconds, followed by the press and a well publicized crown prosecution trial.

58 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder what progress was made yesterday in sorting out locks for disabled supporters?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and Ryan Corrigan (Supporter Services) have been in touch with me privately and are getting this sorted, very much sooner than later. Sincere thanks to both of you. 

I'll let Matt/the club make any relevant announcements. 

So pleased for everyone who needs easy access to the disabled facilities at AG :)

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and Ryan Corrigan (Supporter Services) have been in touch with me privately and are getting this sorted, very much sooner than later. Sincere thanks to both of you. 

So pleased for everyone who needs easy access to the disabled facilities at AG :)

Pleased to hear that you have finally been given a resolution.

On 23/04/2019 at 09:45, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Can I clarify one thing, and I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way.

But is a disabled toilet actually just for disabled people, or are they just toilets that have been adapted accordingly?

I know morally what I would say, just wondering?

Would you ask that same question about a disabled parking space? Common sense.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good. And about flipping time! 

On 23/04/2019 at 15:06, Undy English said:

Hi mate, I don't think @AshtonPark is trying to tie himself in knots. As a Bristolian who's recently moved to Wales, I sympathise with a lot of what he's saying and think I might be able to explain it a tad clearer.

If a Welsh person approaches me and calls me a 'wurzel', 'another bl00dy Bristolian stealing our houses' or quite simply an 'English c***' this would be viewed upon as simply part and parcel of inter-UK rivalry, tribalist 'banter' of which the Police, more than likely, have little interest in following up on such grounds.

Now, take the above insults, which I have received since moving across the bridge, and change the words Bristolian/English, to 'Black', 'Pakistani' etc. You'd have 3 squad cars and a helicopter overhead within seconds, followed by the press and a well publicized crown prosecution trial.

You seem to be confusing race and nationality.

33 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You seem to be confusing race and nationality.

I think you will find you are

Read a ridiculous amounts of tosh and I’ll informed comments on this subject

What is race discrimination

Race discrimination is when you are treated unfairly because of your race, or because of the race of someone you are connected with, such as your partner.

‘Race’ includes colour, nationality, citizenship and ethnic or national origins.

Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (as amended)

This Act created a number of specific offences of racially aggravated crime, based on offences of wounding, assault, damage, harassment and threatening/abusive behaviour. The Act defines "racial group" as a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

An amendment (December 2001) extended the scope of the Act by creating new specific religiously aggravated offences. The Act defines "religious group" as a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.

Archived