IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think you will find you are

Read a ridiculous amounts of tosh and I’ll informed comments on this subject

What is race discrimination

Race discrimination is when you are treated unfairly because of your race, or because of the race of someone you are connected with, such as your partner.

‘Race’ includes colour, nationality, citizenship and ethnic or national origins.

Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (as amended)

This Act created a number of specific offences of racially aggravated crime, based on offences of wounding, assault, damage, harassment and threatening/abusive behaviour. The Act defines "racial group" as a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

An amendment (December 2001) extended the scope of the Act by creating new specific religiously aggravated offences. The Act defines "religious group" as a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.

Thanks Bob.  I didn't realise that the act included nationality.  For me the interesting point is whether 'nationality' is an inherited characteristic or just a shared idea, a common set of cultural intellectual, political, even spiritual concepts over which you exercise no control.  It gets even more difficult with countries whose statutory identity is debatable (such as Wales).  If you reduce it further down to counties or cities, then I find it hard to think that mocking someone because they were born in, for instance, Norfolk or Plymouth could be covered by the act.  But then, I've never seen why religious belief should be included, given that it is something that is chosen, rather than inherent, and therefore not significantly different from choosing a football team to support.  If it were all beliefs, then fair enough... 

Not saying it makes it right in terms of differing treatment, but historically certain racist or regional/sectarian call it what you want terms have come with a more sinister context. 

The term "P**i bashing" a prime example. Like I say doesn't make it right, but may help explain why police act on the 2 differently- or appear to. Offers a bit of historic context, even if not necessarily justified.

On 25/04/2019 at 11:52, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Thanks Bob.  I didn't realise that the act included nationality.  For me the interesting point is whether 'nationality' is an inherited characteristic or just a shared idea, a common set of cultural intellectual, political, even spiritual concepts over which you exercise no control.  It gets even more difficult with countries whose statutory identity is debatable (such as Wales).  If you reduce it further down to counties or cities, then I find it hard to think that mocking someone because they were born in, for instance, Norfolk or Plymouth could be covered by the act.  But then, I've never seen why religious belief should be included, given that it is something that is chosen, rather than inherent, and therefore not significantly different from choosing a football team to support.  If it were all beliefs, then fair enough... 

Agree.

People get abused for their political stance (choice), yet why is religion (another choice), dealt with differently ?

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I have been told the radar locks have been ordered but due to the lead time will not be installed by tomorrow as they have not arrived as yet. They will be installed by our next home game. As soon as they are installed ill ask for a communication to go out to drive awareness. 

Matt 

Play off ready!

Archived