IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

42 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s probably even more surprising that there’s been no official press release by Bristol Sport seeing as this is surely a public order issue and therefore applies equally to Bristol City and Bristol Bears games?

Absolutely not. 

Only football fans are hooligans and criminals. 

Just now, lenred said:

Yep it’s a family area for a reason and you would expect different behaviour there than elsewhere in the ground and quite rightly so. It’s good it exists as it gives parents a choice and have some control over what their kids hear.  Although I don’t/wouldn’t use it due to its location. But that’s for another discussion! 

As I said about all seater stadiums - Dads (Or Mums) knew the areas to take their kids to keep the experience somewhat milder and the family area should be a sanitised area for sure 

I’m sure we’ve all moved around the ground in  days distant past , dependent on whether we wanted to be on the balcony , in the stalks , or.........in the pit !

All joking aside - at least twice in the Rotherham game I momentarily stood up and let rip - once at the challenge in JB and secondly when we had five spare at the back against 9 men 

I may well have used a swear word on one or both occasions I also stood up to join in a couple of songs .....and when we scored

Multiple anti social offences there .....

In danger of a text , eviction and ban ? 

I kind of expected the whole "football's already too sanitised" response. I just don't get it.

How can people be so (rightly) outraged at incidents like the Chelsea fans at Raheem Sterling, then whinge and moan whenever people try and introduce means by which to identify culprits? "That racism was despicable, should be banned for life... but we don't do any of that, why should we have to be careful?"

Also, if you're under the impression there isn't one single person at Ashton Gate who wouldn't/hasn't shouted something racist in an angry retort to a player in the past 5/10 years, you're kidding yourself. I don't care if you've never heard anyone shout it, it's a football ground, it's happened. I was a season ticket holder for about 7 years as a teenager, and I can at least recall dozens of homophobic chants/shouts that I heard. Call it "precious", or call it what it is: illegal.

Now sure, swearing is probably the one contentious issue there, but I highly doubt that would be enforced with much/any severity. Also pyrotechnics I guess, but I don't want that argument to start up again really.

Whether it'll work is another question really, but it's not going to ruin your matchday experience if you don't act like an idiot.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I said about all seater stadiums - Dads (Or Mums) knew the areas to take their kids to keep the experience somewhat milder and the family area should be a sanitised area for sure 

I’m sure we’ve all moved around the ground in  days distant past , dependent on whether we wanted to be on the balcony , in the stalks , or.........in the pit !

All joking aside - at least twice in the Rotherham game I momentarily stood up and let rip - once at the challenge in JB and secondly when we had five spare at the back against 9 men 

I may well have used a swear word on one or both occasions I also stood up to join in a couple of songs .....and when we scored

3 strikes and you’re OUT my boy 

Amazing how many adults still use the words “grass” and “snitch” like they are on the set of the Sopranos.

Anti-social behaviour isn’t exactly legal outside the stadium, so what exactly makes people think it’s ok when at a football match?

And as for those saying it will be abused: I’m sure people aren’t going to get kicked out based on a text, the stewards will probably get asked to watch an area and if it continues then they will kick them out. 

If you dont exhibit Anti-Social behaviour, why do you really care about this? And if you do: go support the g*s.

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

3 strikes and you’re OUT my boy 

All joking aside , I can see this happening

The club need to be very careful about where they go with this IMHO

I actually think it’s , and the Clubs stance and level of action , an important issue going forward 

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Amazing how many adults still use the words “grass” and “snitch” like they are on the set of the Sopranos.

Anti-social behaviour isn’t exactly legal outside the stadium, so what exactly makes people think it’s ok when at a football match?

And as for those saying it will be abused: I’m sure people aren’t going to get kicked out based on a text, the stewards will probably get asked to watch an area and if it continues then they will kick them out. 

If you dont exhibit Anti-Social behaviour, why do you really care about this? And if you do: go support the g*s.

Thankyou Minster 

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Can I use it to report police or stewards stood in gangway causing an obstruction ? 

It doesn’t specify that’s it’s purely to report fans, so I guess stewards, police, concession staff and players all need to be on best behaviour from now on! 

13 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I kind of expected the whole "football's already too sanitised" response. I just don't get it.

How can people be so (rightly) outraged at incidents like the Chelsea fans at Raheem Sterling, then whinge and moan whenever people try and introduce means by which to identify culprits? "That racism was despicable, should be banned for life... but we don't do any of that, why should we have to be careful?"

Also, if you're under the impression there isn't one single person at Ashton Gate who wouldn't/hasn't shouted something racist in an angry retort to a player in the past 5/10 years, you're kidding yourself. I don't care if you've never heard anyone shout it, it's a football ground, it's happened. I was a season ticket holder for about 7 years as a teenager, and I can at least recall dozens of homophobic chants/shouts that I heard. Call it "precious", or call it what it is: illegal.

Now sure, swearing is probably the one contentious issue there, but I highly doubt that would be enforced with much/any severity. Also pyrotechnics I guess, but I don't want that argument to start up again really.

Whether it'll work is another question really, but it's not going to ruin your matchday experience if you don't act like an idiot.

Not seen anyone saying racism shouldn’t be reported?

They seem to appear to be able to zoom in on individuals for the stupid dance cam

Why not,  if a text is received , show the accused fan in the big screen with a big warning siren or maybe

’VAR - Decision Pending’

Maybe something to watch if the home football doesn’t spice up soon

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They seem to appear to be able to zoom in on individuals for the stupid dance cam

Why not,  if a text is received , show the accused fan in the big screen with a big warning siren or maybe

’VAR - Decision Pending’

Maybe something to watch if the home football doesn’t spice up soon

Bravo. 

I will add though that is football fans are quick to whinge when something is done and quick to whinge when something isn’t done. 

Strong rumour there's a serial farter in the area of the Director's Box making the match day experience miserable for all the kids up there.

No idea which seat, but please have a nose around @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and eject the culprit for the sake of the poor children.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Strong rumour there's a serial farter in the area of the Director's Box making the match day experience miserable for all the kids up there.

No idea which seat, but please have a nose around @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO and eject the culprit for the sake of the poor children.

‘Dear Nogbad

Thankyou for your text alert

Unfortunately we need a specific seat number

Nice try 

PS. Check out our £6 pasties

#Bristol Sport 

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

you just need to look at Super Bobs post to find the culprit

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘Dear Nogbad

Thankyou for your text alert

Unfortunately we need a specific seat number

Nice try 

PS. Check out our £6 pasties

#Bristol Sport 

If Matt hasn't got a nose for pinpointing the exact seat then send the sniffer dogs in.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I guess with some of the recent fare .... and not wishing to be seen skulking out with an hour gone .....

:whistle:

its one way of getting out early ..... with your dignity intact ...... text your own seat number .....

and get yourself ejected ....

:thumbsup:

Brilliant!

"We're hearing from Ashton Gate that, with City losing by three goals to nil, 20,000 people have been ejected during the second half for anti-social behaviour."

I wouldn’t be surprised if all football league clubs have had a reminder or request to implement something along these lines. There have been a few cases involving Chelsea ( and maybe others?) recently and the FA want to be seen as doing something.

This is fine of course, but it really gets to me when Premiership clubs do something and we all have to follow, but somehow it doesn’t filter down when it’s the Twenty’s Plenty scheme.

Archived