IGNORED

Bristol City v Huddersfield Town FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

Hoorah.

We made it to 2019. The tree is in the bin and yer ma's "trimmins" are boxed up til next December. All that remains are the left over Bountys in the Celebrations tub and half a bottle of Tequila that you opened on New Year's Eve.

But most exciting is the return of the FA Cup. Probably the most famous football competition in the UK, it's the only one that gives grassroots clubs a possible throw of the dice against the big boys.

Just yesterday, Tranmere Rovers from L2 had a home game against Tottenham. It was a predictable win from Tottenham (7-0) but the main reason it got so much press was down to the fact it was selected to be screened by BT Sport, which in turn, meant the fixture was changed from today. Much to everyone's annoyance, BT Sport have been selected to show FA Cup games alongside the BBC. This obviously reduces gate numbers and gives BT Sport one big advert for their platform. I'm just surprised that BT Sport hasn't charged anyone to watch it. Their FA Cup screenings are free for all to watch apparently, regardless of provider or platform.

Anyone want to requestabet that BT Sport shows the live final alongside the BBC? Damn you Jake Humphrey.

I wonder if @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO will get any texts to his ASBO line today. Did anyone store the number just in case? I certainly can't condone the use of such a thing, especially when you know that poor phone is gonna be hotter than the Caribbean from all the nonsense/trolling/wind up texts peppered at it.

When will you guys learn?

Anyway. On to today.

Premier League minnows Huddersfield are back on our turf since they made the climb to the hallowed land. Last time, they had a real shock 4-0 battering with a certain Lee Tomlin getting on the score sheet. The year previous, another 4-0 win for us at Ashton Gate against them suggests they don't do well in our house and lightning can strike twice.

4-0 win for us on SkyBet is currently 50/1. Worth a punt? Are we Huddersfield's bogey team? 

Hmmmm...

5.30pm kick off so we shall see later this evening.

COYRs!

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Better safe than sorry. Might be hungover tmrw from celebrating beating premiership giants Huddersfield 

Fair. But I'm a traditionalist.

We're gonna have Huddersfield aren't we. I reckon that a few changes will lead to a more sprightly home performance and a 2-1 City win.

5 minutes ago, Judda said:

Barely anyone puts them up xmas eve and takes them don on the 6th these days...

2nd weekend of Dec to Jan 1st or 2nd for our house

Call me barely anyone then. All the time I was growing up. Up on Christmas Eve, down on the 6th.

Girl at work genuinely thought the 12 days of Christmas was 1st to 12th December. Words fail me.

I’m looking forward to the match.  A Clark’s pie before ko to sustain me and a veritable goal fest during the match. Huddersfield will probably field a reserve team, and City a weakened team, so it’s bound to finish 4-2 to City. 

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Call me barely anyone then. All the time I was growing up. Up on Christmas Eve, down on the 6th.

Girl at work genuinely thought the 12 days of Christmas was 1st to 12th December. Words fail me.

Nice to see there's still some traditionalists out there!

7 minutes ago, blockbrowt1 said:

How many are going, does anyone know please? Apologies if i've missed it.

As there are no season tickets to take into account today, whatever the official attendance is, it should be roughly correct. (Just a handful of people who bought tickets but couldn’t attend)

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Get ours down New Year’s Day every year, there’s nothing more depressing after Xmas is over than staring at a bloomin Xmas tree, trying to convince yourself it’s not all over!

Yeah, ours was down a few days ago. Partly to do with that but largely because I was sick of retrieving a cat from the top of the tree every 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Hoorah.

We made it to 2019. The tree is in the bin and yer ma's "trimmins" are boxed up til next December. All that remains are the left over Bountys in the Celebrations tub and half a bottle of Tequila that you opened on New Year's Eve.

Peg, you do realise that those artificial trees can be used next year and the year after ..........?

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You worked with Dianne Abbott?

Christmas trees here are recycled, the councils have areas where you can stack them, they are then collected and chipped for mulch. In Russian households here,  they celebrate our Christmas and then theirs on the 6th January, tomorrow.  As my wife is Russian, we have two celebrations, but only one lot of presents. So, let's hope City give me more to celebrate with a good win over one of our favourite 3 pointers, Fulham was the other, strange that both are now in the Prem, although probably not for long.

14 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Christmas trees here are recycled, the councils have areas where you can stack them, they are then collected and chipped for mulch. In Russian households here,  they celebrate our Christmas and then theirs on the 6th January, tomorrow.  As my wife is Russian, we have two celebrations, but only one lot of presents. So, let's hope City give me more to celebrate with a good win over one of our favourite 3 pointers, Fulham was the other, strange that both are now in the Prem, although probably not for long.

Islington Council recycle them here. It appears that most have been recycled already as the pavements are covered in needles.

I just have to unplug mine and put it back in the bag until next year :sub:

COYRs

58 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You worked with Dianne Abbott?

My mistake.

Dianne Abbott  thinks the twelve days of Christmas run from the 1st to the 15th December!

Archived