IGNORED

var today?

No, I don’t think so, a list of the games where it will be used was read out on Talksport and it didn’t include ours....only PL stadia are set up to accommodate it apparently - here’s the nine matches where it willl be used... https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067615/VAR-FA-Cup-Third-Round-games-video-assistant-referee

12 minutes ago, Judda said:

Seen a Hawk Eye van at the Gate twice recently. Isn't it their tech that they use for goal line technology?

I know it's not the question but interested if anyone knows about it?

Halftime against Rotherham there was a man with a ball stood on the goal line at the south stand end who looked like he was testing the goal line technology.

I think a lot of testing takes place using ‘real’ games between reserve teams so that match  officials and operators can can get expereince with it.

They also test the individual player tracking technology with the agreement of match officials.

38 minutes ago, Judda said:

Seen a Hawk Eye van at the Gate twice recently. Isn't it their tech that they use for goal line technology?

I know it's not the question but interested if anyone knows about it?

Goal line technology is at Ashton gate, has been since start of 17/18 season. 

11 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Goal line technology is at Ashton gate, has been since start of 17/18 season. 

Is the correct answer. No doubt it has to be checked/tweaked though occasionally. I’ve seen the van there too, last Tuesday before the Stoke away trip I saw it.

I may be wrong , and there are many previous occasions I have been , but I thought although Goa line tech may be available at the Gate, VAR isn't. I thought I read that this would have to be done if we did something stupid like get promoted.

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I may be wrong , and there are many previous occasions I have been , but I thought although Goa line tech may be available at the Gate, VAR isn't. I thought I read that this would have to be done if we did something stupid like get promoted.

Is this for checking the coast in India?!!

?

14 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can't see its right using in some games and not others in the same competition.  Grimsby have had a player sent off using VAR, they are now disadvantaged against other teams in the league, it was a yellow initially, upgraded to red.

Yep, thought this all along. Surely has to be all games or none. They could have trialed it with out actually using it, just pointing out what would have been changed. 

18 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can't see its right using in some games and not others in the same competition.  Grimsby have had a player sent off using VAR, they are now disadvantaged against other teams in the league, it was a yellow initially, upgraded to red.

Disagree, it’s just some games are ‘fairer’ than others. A fouls is still a foul and a red card still a red card. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Disagree, it’s just some games are ‘fairer’ than others. A fouls is still a foul and a red card still a red card. 

I don’t get that argument, Grimsby feel hard done by, that it was in their game, Huddersfield may well feel hard done by that it wasn’t in our game, they might have got a replay from it.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I don’t get that argument, Grimsby feel hard done by, that it was in their game, Huddersfield may well feel hard done by that it wasn’t in our game, they might have got a replay from it.

How can a team feel hard done by because it was used, and that a correct decision was made? 

• Admin
2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

How can a team feel hard done by because it was used, and that a correct decision was made? 

Because other games have been affected by not having it.

Commentators thought a yellow was correct, Ref had issued a yellow - fair enough if all games had it.  We’ll just have to agree to disagree - would you be happy for some games in the league to use it and not others?  It’s my opinion that it should be all games or none.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I don’t get how Grimsby could bemoan not getting away with it? It’s like saying bad luck I got caught robbing by the shop with cctv rather than the shop without. 

29 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I've not seen the goal line technology called into action at AG, When it does happen will the video show on the big screen?

Wasn't a Pato free kick awarded by goal line tech sometime? Its not a video it just sends a message to the ref. It is strange though how only some prem grounds have it, Chelsea didn't have it against Forest but Utd have it against Reading?

44 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I've not seen the goal line technology called into action at AG, When it does happen will the video show on the big screen?

Past precedence suggests not- controversial incidents on the big screen don't tend to be played at football on big screens. Certainly not in UK, abroad who knows.

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wasn't a Pato free kick awarded by goal line tech sometime? Its not a video it just sends a message to the ref. It is strange though how only some prem grounds have it, Chelsea didn't have it against Forest but Utd have it against Reading?

All prem grounds have it, and it’s used 100% of the time in the league. Only some chosen games use it in the cup. 

Archived