Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

KO Time


Recommended Posts

Is there a reason why the games are so staggered today and why we’re playing so late? Living in London I thought I’d go to a different ground today so just got back from West Ham v Birmingham. I can confirm that it’s a horrific place to watch football. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich said:

That would be a breach of confidence and I've signed the official secrets act. If it was him, would you know the dimwit?

Your close friend who may or may not be named Rich would have been considered less foolish if he had simply gone and got an early start at the Pub! Just sayin!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was once parked up in my car at 2.00 on a Saturday afternoon, turned Radio Bristol on and heard Scott Murray score against Millwall.  Never heard of a 2.00 kick-off before!  Legged it to the Gate but just my luck, no more goals.

I saw us KO at home to Millwall during the Ted Heath inspired miners strike at 2pm (on a Tuesday) we 5-2 for the record!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coppello said:

Is there a reason why the games are so staggered today and why we’re playing so late? Living in London I thought I’d go to a different ground today so just got back from West Ham v Birmingham. I can confirm that it’s a horrific place to watch football. 

Global TV rights.

Someone told me ours was being shown in USA, 12.30pm kick off New York time. Others- would depend where being shown and local rights I guess.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was once parked up in my car at 2.00 on a Saturday afternoon, turned Radio Bristol on and heard Scott Murray score against Millwall.  Never heard of a 2.00 kick-off before!  Legged it to the Gate but just my luck, no more goals.

That must have been an early goal! Murray scored at the exact kick off time?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Your close friend who may or may not be named Rich would have been considered less foolish if he had simply gone and got an early start at the Pub! Just sayin!!

Just spoke to him. He said my,  his wife wouldn't have been too impressed had he been caught drink driving, having spent three hours and thirty quid in the pub.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I saw us KO at home to Millwall during the Ted Heath inspired miners strike at 2pm (on a Tuesday) we 5-2 for the record!

Saw that game. I was working in the Coopers doing some building work, so sneaked off to watch the game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That must have been an early goal! Murray scored at the exact kick off time?!

It was, first minute I think. I was sitting next to my Millwall - supporting brother in law who had been giving it the big one all the way up in the car. I don`t think Millwall can have touched the ball.

Thanks Scotty, it couldn`t have been more perfect!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was, first minute I think. I was sitting next to my Millwall - supporting brother in law who had been giving it the big one all the way up in the car. I don`t think Millwall can have touched the ball.

Thanks Scotty, it couldn`t have been more perfect!

I think that was the game where the majority of Millwall fans weren't even in he ground when Scotty scored.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2019 at 16:41, REDOXO said:

I saw us KO at home to Millwall during the Ted Heath inspired miners strike at 2pm (on a Tuesday) we 5-2 for the record!

Was Gordon Hill playing for them, and not too long after got a big move to Man U, or was that another game?

Memories fade

Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing another one in...   probably got this all wrong but didn't we turn over Fulham in the Cup 5-0 or something mad and that one was an early one?

Seem to remember Jimmy Hill moaning about something

  :laugh:  i'm probably imagining all this nonsense

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...