IGNORED

Famara

Red Army 75

He does need to be stronger though.  He will get pushed and shoved every week in the championship.  He needs to pull against the tugs harder and stay on his feet.  

Referees just let some of the physicals go, otherwise they would have to give a free kick every time.  They would also expect Fam to be a bit tougher.

He did have a good go though.

Certainly stepped up to the plate and earning his place.

Still for me has a tendancy to get caught on his heels a little in the box, rather than showing that natural anticipation a ‘fox’ has for half chances that become tap ins: once against Norwich, and once today when the ball came off the bar, but a hard skill to coach I guess.

Given a really difficult role, often running the line on his own, and starting to consistency do it really well.

It's a shame that we don't have a 'like for like' swap possible for him off the bench. In the last 15 mins of any game in which you're in front by one goal, you need that forward who can take the pressure off the midfield by holding up the ball and bringing people into play, or helping run down the clock. 

Thats what Djuric was for us, so would be good to get another forward in like that soon. 

When Fam was doing his job well today by occupying Hudds defenders with his presence, that's when Pato needs to be much close to him in order to work off his knock downs and lay offs. Pato wasn't in the game enough for me 'again' today, especially in the key areas of the pitch where he can hurt the opposition. 

He will continue to divide the fan base.  As a 'lone' striker at home he is battling for scraps.  It makes him look 'out of sorts' .  He is not a Dele Adebola type player.

The whole team is not as effective at home as we are away, and that is confirmed by the stats where we are in the bottom half dozen for home form, but top half dozen away form, which is why we are mid table. ?  We are for sure a counter attacking team. 

It is a conundrum for the three wise men in LJ, JM and DH  to solve.  Tonight was again pretty void of gold mouth action and the number of saves being made by either keeper was pretty minor. 

I wonder what FD thinks of his lone role up front.  He seemed to have diddly squat support form Paterson or other midfielders.

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

He will continue to divide the fan base.  As a 'lone' striker at home he is battling for scraps.  It makes him look 'out of sorts' .  He is not a Dele Adebola type player.

The whole team is not as effective at home as we are away, and that is confirmed by the stats where we are in the bottom half dozen for home form, but top half dozen away form, which is why we are mid table. ?  We are for sure a counter attacking team. 

It is a conundrum for the three wise men in LJ, JM and DH  to solve.  Tonight was again pretty void of gold mouth action and the number of saves being made by either keeper was pretty minor. 

I wonder what FD thinks of his lone role up front.  He seemed to have diddly squat support form Paterson or other midfielders.

Think that was in part down to how Huddersfield approached the game.

Off the back of 8 consecutive defeats and Wagner constantly talking about clean sheets (was also one of the first things he mentioned tonight after the game). First half they pressed us when we passed at the back, but when we started to move forward they brought everyone back to defend.

LJ did also talk about a lack of aggression when going forward in the first half too, in terms of the runs being made. Combine the two and that sums up our lack of first half chances.

At HT Pritchard came on who's a good attacking player, so they got a few more chances, but also left themselves more open.

I think he needs to learn to 'give some back' in many respects. 

Regularly centre backs are all over him, grappling, pulling etc. He needs to be strong enough to give some back and do a bit of pushing himself. Duric did just this and that's why he never lost an ariel battle. 

But, fam is improving massively and is definitely worth the 5 mill we spent on him

15 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

He did very well, but ultimately he was a lone striker with his back to goal for the whole of the game.  Strikers don't score with their backs to goal.  You're right that he was fighting for scraps in nearly every single back to goal, head challenge with no one close enough to pick anything up. Huddersfield are very poor and I Saw nor reason to play a lone striker against such an ineffective team.  If Famara is facing goal he's going to score, if he is a lone striker with his back to goal, he'll expend a lot of physical energy, but ultimately not be able to do what he is paid to do.

Archived