IGNORED

Morrell

cityexile

Encouraging display (also based purely on watching the stream)

Didn't seem to shy away from wanting the ball and seemed full of running, also didn't appear to lose out on the physical side of things despite being a little on the lightweight side.

Would like to see him loaned to league one for more game time as well because cup games aside and assuming no serious injuries he's unlikely to get much of a look in at the moment and we could always recall him if required.

Seems like a great prospect but at 22 he is going to have to get a move on and work hard. I was one that said we should cut Bobby loose at 23 so I'm not going to make that mistake again but he clearly needs game time and we have 4 players that should be ahead of him (Pack, Brownhill, Smith and Walsh) for what is 2 positions and 2 of them are near enough the same age as him with vastly more experience at this level.

Should be an interesting few years ahead for the lad but now is the time to put in the hard yards in training. 

44 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Encouraging display (also based purely on watching the stream)

Didn't seem to shy away from wanting the ball and seemed full of running, also didn't appear to lose out on the physical side of things despite being a little on the lightweight side.

Would like to see him loaned to league one for more game time as well because cup games aside and assuming no serious injuries he's unlikely to get much of a look in at the moment and we could always recall him if required.

You can't recall.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Where in CM did he play this evening and in what formation.  I only really watched the last 20 minutes and we’d gone 5 at the back by then?

Did he play in Pack role, or in a conventional two with JB, or did Pato make a 3?

He sat in the pack role to start with until we got exposed a bit down the left but his movement and break up play was simple and effective. Thing that stood out most his he always wants the ball and is always looking for space... 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Where in CM did he play this evening and in what formation.  I only really watched the last 20 minutes and we’d gone 5 at the back by then?

Did he play in Pack role, or in a conventional two with JB, or did Pato make a 3?

Brownhill played the Pack role and Morrell played the Brownhill role if that makes sense

57 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

He's a class act and never hides from wanting the ball and not scared to get stuck in he has a big future. If Walsh is worth a million wots he worth..... 

Really nowhere near that, Walsh will be worth much more in the next couple of years, if it wasn't for timing of his injury he would be the missing spark in our midfield right now.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cup tie against a higher division club....not the easiest game for him to come into really - unless you mean the result wasn’t that important to some....

Two teams very happy to keep the ball and have long periods of possession , and wasn’t the most physical game in the midfield area , suited him.

I thought he had a steady if unspectacular game. He made a few mistakes but generally did the simple things we'll. I've seen him play approx four games a season for under 23's and believe he has what it takes to become a regular for City at this level. He now needs time in our league matches and mid table security should allow this.

10 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Brownhill played the Pack role and Morrell played the Brownhill role if that makes sense

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's how I saw it too but am no expert!

That’s how I saw it as well. One thing I did notice is we seemed quicker in midfield tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Really nowhere near that, Walsh will be worth much more in the next couple of years, if it wasn't for timing of his injury he would be the missing spark in our midfield right now.

I nearly spat my tea out....Either this is a post of utter brilliance or its not.....?

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Walsh will no doubt progress, but, currently, he seems too lightweight to play in a central midfield 2.  I am not sure how many appearances he has made but, coincidence or not, the results haven't been very good when he has played.  Joe Morrell has taken his few chances well.

In terms of transfer value, the consensus was that we lost three extremely valuable players last season and nobody remaining would get anywhere near their value.  I hope we don't sell them anytime soon, but I think we have three players who are possibly more valuable - Kelly, Brownhill and Webster.  All three can probably go further in the game than the three we sold.  

I wish he`d had the courage to shoot in that one instant where everything just opened up in front of him in the first half! All in all though, he didn`t look out of place and, as others have said, he could well be a late developer. I think he would have been sent out to League 1 by now had Korey not got injured and for that reason I think we`ll keep him at AG now.

Archived