IGNORED

Morrell

cityexile

He was alright, thought he’d be a little quicker if I’m honest, reckon Pack would do him in a race ?

I thought he grew into the game though & got stuck in a bit more than I expected he would do. 

Did anyone hear his post match comments? Think he said something about Rovers judging by a couple of comments on twitter. 

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He was alright, thought he’d be a little quicker if I’m honest, reckon Pack would do him in a race ?

I thought he grew into the game though & got stuck in a bit more than I expected he would do. 

Did anyone hear his post match comments? Think he said something about Rovers judging by a couple of comments on twitter. 

When asked what clubs he might have wanted to face he asked whether rovers were still in it. I think we all know the answer to that??

Was quite impressed. Had one moment in the 1st half when he lost concentration but apart from that didn't do a lot wrong.

Might not be the biggest but wasn't afraid to put his foot in. First full game at this level and the fact Jono didn't hook him in such a tight game says a lot for his performance.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I wish he`d had the courage to shoot in that one instant where everything just opened up in front of him in the first half! All in all though, he didn`t look out of place and, as others have said, he could well be a late developer. I think he would have been sent out to League 1 by now had Korey not got injured and for that reason I think we`ll keep him at AG now.

That was the plan I believe.

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I wish I could speak as naturally as that in front of the camera (or in my case meetings).

Morrell is technically a very good footballer - good first touch, can pick a pass and can play off either foot.

What he needs now is games.

Question is how does he get them ? He's either got to go out on loan or Johnson has got to be brave and give him some game time between now and the end of the season, either presumably at the expense of Pack or Brownhill.   

52 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Morrell is technically a very good footballer - good first touch, can pick a pass and can play off either foot.

Question is how does he get them ? He's either got to go out on loan or Johnson has got to be brave and give him some game time between now and the end of the season, either presumably at the expense of Pack or Brownhill.   

If he can cope with PL players - albeit poor quality PL players - I'd venture to say he can cope with most of what the Championship could throw at him.  as you say, it's a question of Johnson using his eyes and seeing how well Joe did.

51 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I would like to see him stay I think. With Korey still (probably) a month/six weeks way and then needing another month to get up to speed it will give us the opportunity to rest Josh or Marlon even if it is only taking one off for half an hour at the end if we`ve got games Saturday/Tuesday. We`re also covered in the event of injuries/suspensions.

6 hours ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I know it was only 1 game, but for me he looked an upgrade on Pack, with the exception of Packs heading ability and experience. Bolton home would be a good match to keep him in the side in place of Pack who all too often turns and goes backwards or hits Hollywood forward passes straight into touch.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

I know it was only 1 game, but for me he looked an upgrade on Pack, with the exception of Packs heading ability and experience. Bolton home would be a good match to keep him in the side in place of Pack who all too often turns and goes backwards or hits Hollywood forward passes straight into touch.

Unpopular but Walsh is also an upgrade on Pack. Pack offers more experience and a presence but in terms of footballing ability Morrell and Walsh quite a bit better with Walsh imo having the potential for big things. Would like to see him play that Pack role eventually but this year may be too soon. Think he will offer more of a shield than Pack with his quickness too. Morrell has a future in that role too and if they were both 3 inches taller I reckon we will have seen more of them. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Unpopular but Walsh is also an upgrade on Pack. Pack offers more experience and a presence but in terms of footballing ability Morrell and Walsh quite a bit better with Walsh imo having the potential for big things. Would like to see him play that Pack role eventually but this year may be too soon. Think he will offer more of a shield than Pack with his quickness too. Morrell has a future in that role too and if they were both 3 inches taller I reckon we will have seen more of them. 

Amazing to base this on one game 

41 minutes ago, dave36 said:

One thing the game proved is that we have the depth to rotate the midfield more, Pack and Brownhill can be rested if needed, Pack has grown on me but given a break he could be more of an asset 

True.

And if we had Smith and Walsh available we would have even more options.

Looking good.

1 hour ago, gazza1982 said:

Amazing to base this on one game 

I have seen more than one game from the both of them. They have more footballing quality than Pack. Pack has 20x the experience. It is not a slight on Pack. He is a good player for sure. Think the other two have higher ceilings. 

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

True.

And if we had Smith and Walsh available we would have even more options.

Looking good.

When Smith is back I would love to see a rotation of Smith/Pack partnered with Walsh/Morrell, and Brownhill as a 10.

We need to be making the most of Josh's lethal shooting, and today proved how good he is on the edge of the opposition's box.

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have seen more than one game from the both of them. They have more footballing quality than Pack. Pack has 20x the experience. It is not a slight on Pack. He is a good player for sure. Think the other two have higher ceilings. 

What level have you seen Morrell play more than once? Not disputing he has potential but I believe it’s a bit early to say he has more quality than Pack. 

5 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

What level have you seen Morrell play more than once? Not disputing he has potential but I believe it’s a bit early to say he has more quality than Pack. 

I have seen him at u23 5-6 times in the last few seasons plus any cup games he has played in(2 off the top of my head). Not a huge sample size granted.  

Maybe quality is the wrong word. It is not a perfect comparison but I believe if they were the same age, same exp, same build etc that Morrell would be the better footballer. Trying to word it without slighting Marlon Pack because he is a good player. 

Archived