IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Bolton (H)

redsapper

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Playing Bolton in the FA Cup is easier in your view than playing Barnet?! Ok then....

That the same Barnet that just knocked out Sheffield united? 

The same Sheffield united that beat Bolton 3-0 earlier on in the season? 

I'd say Bolton is definitely easier than Barnet, or a league 1/2 club...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, they can’t afford to pay their staff but they can churn out expensive printing double-quick....

They're having an economy drive on the printing front.

253859691_printigpress.jpg.5d5050bd9eb02d8162b724d8007c3dd6.jpg

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s a psychological thing.

The likes of Oldham will come down here in numbers, the players and management will want to cause an upset.

Bolton won’t want to come down here twice, they are in financial free fall and I’d be surprised if they brought anymore than 400.

I think it’s a good draw.

They don’t want to come here once! It’s a really good draw and that is the way LJ MA n SL Will see it. We have a big squad many needing games and two new ones coming in. 

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That the same Barnet that just knocked out Sheffield united? 

The same Sheffield united that beat Bolton 3-0 earlier on in the season? 

I'd say Bolton is definitely easier than Barnet, or a league 1/2 club...

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...that’s the sort of argument I used to use in the school playground...

Great draw.

It would have been 3 weeks between home games if we'd been drawn away, so that's another reason a home game was a must afaic.

Bolton at home is a game we really should expect to win, which would give us 180k in the bank, and a place in the last 16.

No problem that they're in our division or we play them at home 2 weeks before - it's as good a draw as we could have hoped for if we want to progress..

Providing LJ takes it as seriously as he should do, of course.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...

I get where they are coming from pal, we had a cup run last year, are a championship team in form, we would be a ‘scalp’... to Bolton we are their peer, at a time of disillusion for Bolton, and a relatively distant trip. All things in, I think I would take Bolton over say Wimbledon who’s players may walk out at Ashton Gate and think ‘oi oi’. No game is easy, but a game against a club on a downward spiral is easier than one up for a fight, regardless of where in the pyriamid. Ask Jose last year. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I get where they are coming from pal, we had a cup run last year, are a championship team in form, we would be a ‘scalp’... to Bolton we are their peer, at a time of disillusion for Bolton, and a relatively distant trip. All things in, I think I would take Bolton over say Wimbledon who’s players may walk out at Ashton Gate and think ‘oi oi’. 

I appreciate the balanced response mate....but surely Bolton’s players are better than Wimbledon’s ? So we should have a more difficult game vs a championship side....I totally get that lower sides raise their game for cup games....but they lose more times than they win...

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...that’s the sort of argument I used to use in the school playground...

I'm not saying they are better. What I am saying is Barnet will be more up for this than Bolton. I'd also say newport aren't as good as man city, look who beat Leicester though. 

In the Cup teams can have one off games where they step up their levels and beat sides above them, for a side like Bolton it'll be more difficult to do this than it would be for Barnet 

Blimey,thought I would come on here and feel the joy. Good draw, great chance of progressing, things looking up.

But NO  ******* on here  points scoring having a row FANTASTIC. Someone on here asking if im pissed after making a comment on the draw.

**** me not a major poster on here but think I'll stop.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I appreciate the balanced response mate....but surely Bolton’s players are better than Wimbledon’s ? So we should have a more difficult game vs a championship side....I totally get that lower sides raise their game for cup games....but they lose more times than they win...

I’m with you; but it’s what’s going on at Bolton right now which switches matters for me. Fans planning protests, players unpaid, striker going back to league 2 unpaid for 4 months, another player back to Norwich, almost impossible to improve or loan a player with what’s going on... I guess it’s momentum; Bolton don’t look like they are going to become ‘backs to the wall’ any time soon. 

On paper, I’m totally in your corner, but I think, with what happened yesterday, we are playing a club so deep in the mire, they’re a ‘lost cause’. 

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Blimey,thought I would come on here and feel the joy. Good draw, great chance of progressing, things looking up.

But NO  ******* on here  points scoring having a row FANTASTIC. Someone on here asking if im pissed after making a comment on the draw.

**** me not a major poster on here but think I'll stop.

Think you need a nap mate.. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A good card for say, Whitchurch Sports Centre?! Not sure me and Super would be too chuffed to be on the ‘undercard’ and anyway, as Michael Jackson once said...”I’m a lover not a fighter” !!

We can share that cider after! :laughcont:

Archived