IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Bolton (H)

redsapper

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course, a game vs a championship side is easier than playing a non league team....plonker...

How come most threads I open I see you arguing with someone?.... You good? Everything alright at home? 

You sure do love a heated debate ?

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How come most threads I open I see you arguing with someone?.... You good? Everything alright at home? 

Be fair, this is an occasion where there is sense in the ‘nonsense’. I can totally see where BS4 is coming from, how could Bolton be an easier draw than say, Wimbledon? At the same time I happen to think it is, but I can see and agree it shouldn’t be. 

Just now, 29AR said:

Be fair, this is an occasion where there is sense in the ‘nonsense’. I can totally see where BS4 is coming from, how could Bolton be an easier draw than say, Wimbledon? At the same time I happen to think it is, but I can see and agree it shouldn’t be. 

I agree with his point too

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course it’s alright with me that you think playing a championship club in the FA Cup is easier than playing a non-league club....say goodnight to the troops Gracie....

Obviously playing a club higher in the pyramid, on paper, is a harder game, but as somebody once said, Football isn’t played on paper, ask Sheff Utd how easy Barnet were, ask Leicester how easy Newport were.  Bolton are massively struggling at the moment, I think that makes them potentially an easier game than a lower league team full of confidence.  If football was as obvious as the higher placed team always winning then it would be pretty dull

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

2 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Assume will b on Friday knight or Sunday as rugby on Saturday afternoon against Exeter 

Not everything's about you mate....joke just felt like i had to join in with arguing.

I love friday night games. Quick walk into the centre and a few pints on water front.

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I appreciate the balanced response mate....but surely Bolton’s players are better than Wimbledon’s ? So we should have a more difficult game vs a championship side....I totally get that lower sides raise their game for cup games....but they lose more times than they win...

Well if it’s down who whose players are better call it all off and give it to Man City! We could do without the extra fatigue anyway.

29 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Thank God someone else has noticed. I put him on ignore a couple of weeks ago. It’s lunacy! The beauty is I can’t see the pithy comment that’s coming my way either! ?

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Careful mate someone's gonna have a pop at you if you are not careful!

I’m ready with my bandana on and a sleeveless T-shirt.  Not a great look when you’re in your 40’s and 10 stone wet through, I admit.

More seduko than Ryu.

(One for the SNES generation there)

As I saw it drawn live, my reaction was "meh!" A great chance to make the 5th round but playing the same team twice in 2 weeks (and Bolton at that) is not likely to raise much excitement or much of a crowd if we are honest, unless there is a radical ticket pricing structure. But even at a tenner & quid a kid, I don't see there being many takers outside of the die hard faithful.

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A few on the wifebeater tonight.  It’s a dull draw against dull opposition, no need for some to get uppity.

It's exciting!  Plus Bolton are former winners of this Cup (probably - not sure) so it's in their blood. So pipe down Rummy.

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

As I saw it drawn live, my reaction was "meh!" A great chance to make the 5th round but playing the same team twice in 2 weeks (and Bolton at that) is not likely to raise much excitement or much of a crowd if we are honest, unless there is a radical ticket pricing structure. But even at a tenner & quid a kid, I don't see there being many takers outside of the die hard faithful.

There’s £180 grand to the winner, which is not to be sniffed at.

Archived