IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Bolton (H)

redsapper

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? You reckon that’s easier than, say, Wimbledon at home? Accrington at home? Doncaster at home? Oldham at home? Barnet at home? Newport at home?

100%

If you can't see that then you really know nothing about football.

Playing any non league, league two or league one team is always gonna be much harder than playing Bolton at home because these teams are after a giant killing, they raise their game, they play out of their skin. As the bigger club the pressure is on us to win. Plus would bring a packed away end.

Bolton will hardly turn up imo both on and off the pitch plus behind the scenes things really are not good for them, there is an air of negitivity surrounding them.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed.

Some were hoping for 'Who are they?' Accrington Staley, but:

'Stanley came out right after us too. Instead we’ve got them Banjo playing tards'

Will we get free banjos on every seat? Please, Steve!!

could we get the tune from deliverance played before KO?

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course, a game vs a championship side is easier than playing a non league team....plonker...

A bit ad hominem, even by your standards.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Playing Bolton in the FA Cup is easier in your view than playing Barnet?! Ok then....Quite possibly, given that Barnet, probably live on TV, supported by a sell-out away following at Ashton Gate and the majority of football neutrals in the media, would be 'up for it', compared to a demoralised Bolton team thinking about their January salary and a scarce fan following.  

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...that’s the sort of argument I used to use in the school playground...

So, not much appears to have changed then.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed.

Some were hoping for 'Who are they?' Accrington Stanley, but:

'Stanley came out right after us too. Instead we’ve got them Banjo playing tards'

Banjo ? I think they're thinking of the wrong Bristol club.

They're a bit weird up there, they fancy pigeons and race whippets. May sound like a stereotype but it's true.

I was actually in a pub which let rooms out (I won't dress it up and call it a hotel) about 10 or more years ago where a bunch of them were staying, they were from Bolton. There was some sort of weird pigeon fancying competition going on somewhere. Anyway, we got talking to this bloke who explained the niceties of fancying pigeons like polishing their beaks, and getting "our lass" to paint the pigeons nails. All sounded a bit dodgy but it gave us a bit of a laugh.

And they think we are "tards" ?

Not sureif mentioned...

But worse draw possible for bolton fans really - the club going to shit probably hoping fora good draw to take minds off the financial troubles and ended up with us away.

Any fan that comes from bolton to bristol twice in a month deserves a doth of the cap giver their position

4 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

To play Bolton once is bad enough but twice within two weeks is going to be hard for anyone to watch

Given the double header, their current situation on and off the field, their allegedly dishonourable chairman (Forest Green) these fixtures are crying out for some original witty old school like new anti Bolton chants/songs (terrace wit used to be so clever, the old EastEnd of yesteryear was as good as any in the land at penning some real gems, funny and apt, or simply menacing).

If the current crop of lads/singers cant come up with some proper 'good un's' for these two matches they might as well give up and hang their heads in shame.... I know we have some worthy creative talents in the stands.

Get Yer Heads Together & Come Up with something Catchy and Clever …. Can't wait to hear you..  

This could be good, it should be, Come On You Reds.!!!

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Blimey,thought I would come on here and feel the joy. Good draw, great chance of progressing, things looking up.

But NO  ******* on here  points scoring having a row FANTASTIC. Someone on here asking if im pissed after making a comment on the draw.

**** me not a major poster on here but think I'll stop.

Here iam .

A good chance to progress against a club in disarray . 

So often in football it is the club who want it most who win . I believe that we are solid and will see this as an opportunity to go further in the cup.

Bolton will have to play away from home , at a strange kick off time with presumably little interest or support to drive them on.

It’s our year I tell ee !

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? You reckon that’s easier than, say, Wimbledon at home away? Accrington at home away? Doncaster at home away? Oldham at home away? Barnet at home awat? Newport at home away?

...given our form at AG.

8 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Blimey,thought I would come on here and feel the joy. Good draw, great chance of progressing, things looking up.

But NO  ******* on here  points scoring having a row FANTASTIC. Someone on here asking if im pissed after making a comment on the draw.

**** me not a major poster on here but think I'll stop.

Dont stop posting. I chat shit even when I haven’t even had a drink. :rofl2br:

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

That’s the thing isn’t it . We’re all sat in front of our televisions with all that hope. Then the draw starts . Number 17 Oldham and we’re like. No please no . Phew . Then out it pops 15 Bristol City. Yes home to Bolton. Then it’s like meh . At least we’re home . Got a chance. Bolton’s reaction says it all. 

14 hours ago, Up The City! said:

100%

If you can't see that then you really know nothing about football.

Playing any non league, league two or league one team is always gonna be much harder than playing Bolton at home because these teams are after a giant killing, they raise their game, they play out of their skin. As the bigger club the pressure is on us to win. Plus would bring a packed away end.

Bolton will hardly turn up imo both on and off the pitch plus behind the scenes things really are not good for them, there is an air of negitivity surrounding them.

Ah....the lazy old quote of ‘you really know nothing about football’ trotted out once again - that’s something you’ve actually proved regarding yourself many times on here

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A bit ad hominem, even by your standards.

So, not much appears to have changed then.

You said you think Barnet at Ashton Gate would ‘sell out the away end’ - ok, they had a ‘home’ crowd of 940 vs Gateshead recently  - yet you think they’d muster up around 5k fans for a cup tie vs a dull, mid table Championship side???

I think it's a decent enough draw -winnable and at home. I'd rather that than a far-flung away game against a plucky underdog where we could suffer a dispiriting defeat or a tough away game at someone else in our league. I can understand Bolton fans being pissed off, though, at the prospect of two long-ish trips to the same ground in quick succession.

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Given the double header, their current situation on and off the field, their allegedly dishonourable chairman (Forest Green) these fixtures are crying out for some original witty old school like new anti Bolton chants/songs (terrace wit used to be so clever, the old EastEnd of yesteryear was as good as any in the land at penning some real gems, funny and apt, or simply menacing).

If the current crop of lads/singers cant come up with some proper 'good un's' for these two matches they might as well give up and hang their heads in shame.... I know we have some worthy creative talents in the stands.

Get Yer Heads Together & Come Up with something Catchy and Clever …. Can't wait to hear you..  

This could be good, it should be, Come On You Reds.!!!

how about come on you in the reds!

Archived